Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #51

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote:If Jesus paid the wages for our sins, why do we still die?
Brightfame52 wrote:Thats a different subject.
No, it proves that our first appointed death is not the wages for our sins!

If it was, there would certainly be some very old believers still walking the earth.

The wages for our sins is the second death detailed in Revelations:
Revelation 20:14-15 wrote:And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Has Jesus been cast into the lake of fire and experienced His second death?

If not, He has not paid the wages for anyone's sins. So that is not how anyone gains salvation.

Thanks to Jesus Christ, salvation is a gift offered to every human. All we have to do is accept it.

When we do, we are accepting Jesus' inheritance of everlasting life which He earned under the Old Testament Covenant. He was the only person to become an heir to everlasting life under that covenant.

Do you recall how that works?

It makes Christianity a religion based on grace and love -- as opposed to human sacrifice. :D

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #52

Post by Brightfame52 »

God our Saviour !

The Lord Jesus Christ, for the True Believer, is God Our Saviour ! He is the God in the Old Testament who announced this Isa 45:21-22

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Yes this could be none other but the Preincarnate Christ speaking as the only Saviour of all the Earth, the same as Acts 4:12

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

This look unto me and be ye saved all the ends of the earth, is looking to Christ the Saviour of all people Lk 2:10-11

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Which Saviour, as mysterious as it may appear, is actually God with us, Immanuel Matt 1:23

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Another testimony to Christ being God with us is 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself, this means that God was the Man Jesus Christ accomplishing His Saving promise and Work, for He brought salvation to His People by His Own arm Isa 63:5

And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

At the Second Coming of Christ, it will be the appearing of our Great God and Saviour Titus 2:13-14

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Which only confirms what Christ spake of in Isa 45:21-22

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

And Isa 63:5

5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. 29

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #53

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:49 am God our Saviour !
Yes, God is our Saviour through the man Jesus Christ our Lord:
Romans 6:23 wrote:For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Timothy 2:5 wrote:For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
You claim that believers are saved because Jesus paid the wages for their sins.

The wages for our sins is the second death described in Revelations:
Revelation 20:14-15 wrote:And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Has Jesus been cast into the lake of fire and experienced His second death?

If not, He has not paid the wages for anyone's sins.

So that is not how anyone gains salvation.

Sin no longer even affects our salvation.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #54

Post by Brightfame52 »

Then who did they see ?

Jn 6:46

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

The Lord Jesus appears to indicate here that not any man hath seen the Father, that would be God the Father.

Now, if not any man has seen the Father, then who did men see when it says they seen God ? Ex 24:9-11

9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:

10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

The word God here is elohiym

If Jesus Christ's words are true in Jn 6:46, then they saw God the Son Heb 1:8

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.31

Savant

Post #55

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:19 pm Then who did they see ?

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

The Lord Jesus appears to indicate here that not any man hath seen the Father, that would be God the Father.

Now, if not any man has seen the Father, then who did men see when it says they seen God ? Ex 24:9-11

9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:

10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
Sorry, this was not meant for me, but I just want to say. God's face is what people can't see without dying. It may be that people have otherwise seen Him.

He said, “You cannot see my face, for man may not see me and live.”
Ex. 33:20
Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:19 pm If Jesus Christ's words are true in Jn 6:46, then they saw God the Son Heb 1:8

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.31
And Bible tells Jesus is the image of God. If you have seen the image of God, have you seen also God?

in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins; who is the image of the invisible
God, the firstborn of all creation. ...

Colossians 1:14-16

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #56

Post by Brightfame52 »

1213 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:52 am
Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:19 pm Then who did they see ?

Sorry, this was not meant for me, but I just want to say. God's face is what people can't see without dying. It may be that people have otherwise seen Him.

He said, “You cannot see my face, for man may not see me and live.”
Ex. 33:20
Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:19 pm If Jesus Christ's words are true in Jn 6:46, then they saw God the Son Heb 1:8

And Bible tells Jesus is the image of God. If you have seen the image of God, have you seen also God?

in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins; who is the image of the invisible
God, the firstborn of all creation. ...

Colossians 1:14-16
Jesus is the Image of God, and God !

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #57

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:12 am Jesus is the Image of God, and God !
1 Timothy 2:5 wrote:For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
If Jesus is God as you claim, then there would be no need for any mediator between God and God.

In other words, there would be no need for Jesus to exist as a mediator.

But Jesus does exist as a mediator.

So the one man, Jesus Christ, is the mediator between all mankind and the one God.

And being a man, Jesus was not God.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #58

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:37 pm
Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:12 am Jesus is the Image of God, and God !
If Jesus is God as you claim, then there would be no need for any mediator between God and God.

In other words, there would be no need for Jesus to exist as a mediator.

But Jesus does exist as a mediator.

So the one man, Jesus Christ, is the mediator between all mankind and the one God.

And being a man, Jesus was not God.
Yet Jesus is God, and the Mediator Man between God and Men !

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #59

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:37 pm
Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:08 amYet Jesus is God, . . .
Why is it necessary for God to mediate with Himself?

He's very old, is it Altheimer's setting in?

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #60

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

1213 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:15 am I think that is a wrong interpretation, because Jesus says that there is only one true God that is greater than him.

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3
Jude 4..

For certain men have got in unnoticed, they who of old were marked out beforehand to this sentence, ungodly [persons], turning the grace of our God into dissoluteness, and denying our only Master and Lord Jesus Christ.

So, using your logic, the Father cannot be considered our Master and Lord.

But you wouldn't take it that far, would you? Probably not...so dont take it that far with Jesus Christ.
the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28
Greater by position/rank...not greater by essence/nature.
Which is also confirmed by Paul who says:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5
This cannot be read as you are reading it, in light of the plethora of other scriptures which contradicts your reasoning.

Paul is saying that there is one God of whom Jesus mediates between God and men.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!