Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Homosexuality: nature or nurture?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Hi all

As of 29 July 2022. What does the science say? What do you think?

Homosexuality: nature or nurture?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Re: Homosexuality: nature or nurture?

Post #51

Post by Wootah »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:49 pm
Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:11 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #48]

In my experience Christians and religious people have larger families and ignore the world as best they can.
In my experience Christians infiltrate government at all levels in an effort to impose their unfounded beliefs onto others, separation of church and state be danged.
Sounds like a good evolutionary strategy.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #52

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:10 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:49 pm

In my experience Christians and religious people have larger families and ignore the world as best they can.
In my experience Christians infiltrate government at all levels in an effort to impose their unfounded beliefs onto others, separation of church and state be danged.
Sounds like a good evolutionary strategy.
If one prefers to impose their goofy, unfounded beliefs on others, it does seem to be working in Murica
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #53

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #52]

So believing in God, settling down and having a family is a goofy unfounded belief but 'homosexuality eases tension' is solid?

Actually quite literally, from me to you, I choose Christianity because for the price of some things I believe in on faith I get a lot of mental health benefits.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #54

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:00 am [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #52]
So believing in God, settling down and having a family is a goofy unfounded belief but 'homosexuality eases tension' is solid?
If that's all you know of Christianity in society, well how bout that.
Actually quite literally, from me to you, I choose Christianity because for the price of some things I believe in on faith I get a lot of mental health benefits.
Many do find comfort in their religious beliefs, that's for sure.

I find comfort in knowing I believe things regardless of the dis/comfort such may bring.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #55

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #54]

Know thyself is the biggest problem on the forum and in life in general.

brunumb
Savant

Post #56

Post by brunumb »

Maybe a topic for another thread but for the life of me I don't understand this obsession with homosexuality among religious people. If it was so offensive to God, with his great omnipotence and profound intelligence he could have designed us without it being possible. In any case, it has been around for millennia. The sky hasn't fallen and the population is growing at an uncomfortably fast rate. It does not prevent heterosexual people from doing their thing. Why the great hangup?

And, why the rampant hatred? Just about every day there is another report of a pastor inciting people and calling for the government to actually execute gays. On the other hand, there are just as many reports of pastors sexually abusing people, including young children, but these more or less just get brushed aside. Which is actually more harmful to people and society in general?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #57

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:18 am [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #54]

Know thyself is the biggest problem on the forum and in life in general.
O...o...o...kay.
-Punkinhead Martin

Clownboat
Savant

Post #58

Post by Clownboat »

You have to admit, it would be a great strategy to keep a belief going. Have lots of children and raise them up to belong to the geographic religion of the area.
I would suggest threats of eternal torment if they even get look warm about their beliefs and promises of eternal bliss if they keep their beliefs. That will also help when raising said children.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #59

Post by Jose Fly »

Read this today and found it to be a fascinating story about a woman's obsession with Christianity and sex. Although one person called her a "fascist", I tend to think of such people as the American version of the Taliban, because if they had sufficient political clout, they wouldn't hesitate to put us all under the thumb of a fundamentalist Christian theocracy.

A mom’s campaign to ban library books divided a Texas town — and her own family
Being apathetic is great....or not. I don't really care.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #60

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Jose Fly wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:36 pm Read this today and found it to be a fascinating story about a woman's obsession with Christianity and sex. Although one person called her a "fascist", I tend to think of such people as the American version of the Taliban, because if they had sufficient political clout, they wouldn't hesitate to put us all under the thumb of a fundamentalist Christian theocracy.

A mom’s campaign to ban library books divided a Texas town — and her own family
There's just no love like Christian hate.
-Punkinhead Martin