Your forum ID?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

Your forum ID?

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

For those who care to share, what is the meaning of your forum ID? I'm certainly not asking anyone to share personal info that may reveal their real-life identity. Mine is simply my initials. All my siblings have the same initials. When I got into software coding, I included it in the introductory notes of the code I was writing or in the documentation I added to code I modified. For some reason I thought Tcg looked better than TCG.

The middle C is Criswell. It came from my childhood pastor who was Wally Amos Criswell a well-known Southern Baptist preacher from Dallas. I attended kindergarten in downtown Dallas at the First Baptist Church of Dallas in November of '63, but no I wasn't on the grassy knoll.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: Your forum ID?

Post #2

Post by Difflugia »

Tcg wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:25 amFor those who care to share, what is the meaning of your forum ID?
Difflugia is a genus of amoebae with shells made of bits of sand. Back in the early days of Google keyword ads, a number of advertisers were buying keyword matches for the entire dictionary. When I was looking for some information about the genus of amoebae, I got a Google ad for "Sexy Difflugia Singles." It amused me so much that I used it as a name on some forum or other and it kind of stuck.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Tcg
Savant

Post #3

Post by Tcg »

Difflugia wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:05 am
Tcg wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:25 amFor those who care to share, what is the meaning of your forum ID?
Difflugia is a genus of amoebae with shells made of bits of sand. Back in the early days of Google keyword ads, a number of advertisers were buying keyword matches for the entire dictionary. When I was looking for some information about the genus of amoebae, I got a Google ad for "Sexy Difflugia Singles." It amused me so much that I used it as a name on some forum or other and it kind of stuck.
Love it. I have a nickname from my youth, but I can't share it because I use variations of it as passwords to navigate this brave new world of ours.

ETA: Oh, and your story reminds me of this song from one of my favorite guitarist/songwriters.

Just substitute Rhino with Difflugia Singles.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

wannabe
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by wannabe »

I've always wanted to better myself by learning a little bit more, doing a little more, and just generally striving to push ahead.
I think probably 95% of the time I fail.
So I thought "wannabe" (want to be) was appropriate for me.
However 5% is a plus, right.
:
:

Live to give , Give to live ( love Jesus )

: I believe a mans spirit is more than just his imagination.

I believe in forever. That's true even without religion.(or man)

: Live to give, give to life, Forgive to live.

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

wannabe wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:45 am I've always wanted to better myself by learning a little bit more, doing a little more, and just generally striving to push ahead.
I think probably 95% of the time I fail.
So I thought "wannabe" (want to be) was appropriate for me.
However 5% is a plus, right.
Indeed. You've got a great goal and 5% is definitely a plus.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Miles
Savant

Post #6

Post by Miles »

Miles

From the Robert Frost poem Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Difflugia »

Miles wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:45 pmFrom the Robert Frost poem Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.
One of my favorite poems, which I first read after seeing this rather mediocre movie as a teenager.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Tcg
Savant

Post #8

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Difflugia in post #7]

I've enjoyed reading the answers so far. Any others care to share why they've chosen the forum ID they have?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom