gun crime in general is down....... More guns, less gun crime....

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #1

Post by thomasdixon »

ar15.jpg

This is all true and there is little the citizens of America can do about it. In America we have the right to bear arms. It is in our bill of rights as citizens of the USA.

And having said that, there is one power our President has. Our President is our commander in chief. He/She is commander over all our military divisions.
The Ar15 was designed, and mass-manufactured for our military for the sole purpose of killing fellow human beings.

Ar15s

Since the AR-15 was designed and manufactured under the direction of our Commander and Chef,
the President of the USA, Joe Biden could order the recall of all military firearms as property of our military.

I vote for it
How about you--?
(:-

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Re: gun crime in general is down....... More guns, less gun crime....

Post #21

Post by Athetotheist »

Wootah wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:05 am
Athetotheist wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:49 am
Wootah wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:42 am [Replying to Athetotheist in post #17]

Late night tv is not what it was. We can agree on that.
This late night tv is quoting statistics, and late night tv in general not being "what it was" is irrelevant. Can we agree on that?
OK so if I watch 26 minutes of John Oliver, something no person in history has done, what will you do for me?
Wow----what a stinging comeback.....

Rose2020
Scholar

Post #22

Post by Rose2020 »

By that logic, every single citizen needs to be armed. One can only assume that would mean zero murders?

Tcg
Savant

Post #23

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to thomasdixon in post #1]

This graphic illustrates my point:

Which of these two rifles can cause the most harm?

Which of the two will be outlawed if AR-15s are banned?

Ban the AR-15 and folks will use the Mini-14 or similar rifles.

Tcg

Wootah
Savant

Post #24

Post by Wootah »

Rose2020 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:17 pm By that logic, every single citizen needs to be armed. One can only assume that would mean zero murders?
Being armed simply means that the cost of doing murder goes up. By all basic economic reasoning if the cost goes up the quantity goes down. Economically and logically you guys are the ones wanting more murders not me.

Gun ownership doesn't change our sinful hearts. But it does affect them because cowards that murderers mostly are would commit less murder.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #25

Post by Athetotheist »

Wootah wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:30 pm
Rose2020 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:17 pm By that logic, every single citizen needs to be armed. One can only assume that would mean zero murders?
Being armed simply means that the cost of doing murder goes up. By all basic economic reasoning if the cost goes up the quantity goes down. Economically and logically you guys are the ones wanting more murders not me.

Gun ownership doesn't change our sinful hearts. But it does affect them because cowards that murderers mostly are would commit less murder.
I suppose that's why gang members never shoot at each other.....

Tcg
Savant

Post #26

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:30 pm Economically and logically you guys are the ones wanting more murders not me.
Reality argues against your claim:
Other Countries Had Mass Shootings. Then They Changed Their Gun Laws.

The world over, mass shootings are frequently met with a common response: Officials impose new restrictions on gun ownership. Mass shootings become rarer. Homicides and suicides tend to decrease, too.

After a British gunman killed 16 people in 1987, the country banned semiautomatic weapons like those he had used. It did the same with most handguns after a 1996 school shooting. It now has one of the lowest gun-related death rates in the developed world.

In Australia, a 1996 massacre prompted mandatory gun buybacks that saw, according to some estimates, as many as one million firearms melted into slag. The rate of mass shootings plummeted from once every 18 months to, so far, only one in the 26 years since.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/25/worl ... itain.html

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #27

Post by thomasdixon »

Tcg wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:03 pmBan the AR-15 and folks will use the Mini-14 or similar rifles.
Tcg
So what, all we can do is take one step at a time. Banning AR-15’s is that step.
If it saves one life it is worth it, ten times over.
:D

Wootah
Savant

Post #28

Post by Wootah »

thomasdixon wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:29 pm
Tcg wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:03 pmBan the AR-15 and folks will use the Mini-14 or similar rifles.
Tcg
So what, all we can do is take one step at a time. Banning AR-15’s is that step.
Assuming we could ban guns - how will we get the AR-15s off the government? I don't think they will give them up peacefully. Do you?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Tcg
Savant

Post #29

Post by Tcg »

Tcg
As I've already explained, banning the AR-15 wouldn't necessarily save lives. The result would be that people would use other style weapons to kill people. The threat lies in semi-automatic firearms with high-capacity mags.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Wootah
Savant

Post #30

Post by Wootah »

Tcg wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:28 pm
Tcg
As I've already explained, banning the AR-15 wouldn't necessarily save lives. The result would be that people would use other style weapons to kill people. The threat lies in semi-automatic firearms with high-capacity mags.

Tcg
Assuming we could ban guns - how will we get the AR-15s off the government? I don't think they will give them up peacefully. Do you?