ADAM WAS NOT DECIEVED - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

ADAM WAS NOT DECIEVED - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Post #1

Post by Eddie Ramos »

The message of the gospel is the central thread which runs through every account in the Bible. The problem is that because the gospel is the spiritual message of the Bible, it is often concealed within the literal account of historical events in the Bible. The Bible refers to is as the spiritual meaning which can be seen by God's people if they search for it. One such example is that of the fall of Adam and Eve. On the surface, we see the serpent talking with Eve. But why did Satan specifically go after Eve and not Adam? Because of who each of them represent spiritually. The Bible tells us that Adam was a figure or typified Christ.

Romans 5:14 (KJV 1900)
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Since Adam spiritually represented Christ, then Eve (Adam's wife) represented the bride of Christ (the true believers).

2 Corinthians 11:2 (KJV 1900)
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Using this spiritual comparison, now we can see why Satan targeted Eve, because Eve, the wife (like the true believers) was the weaker vessel.

Thus Satan deceived Eve into sinning. Eve was deceived, but Adam wasn't.

1 Timothy 2:14 (KJV 1900)
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Well, if Adam was not deceived, then why did he also sin? Well, if we keep the spiritual picture in mind of who they represent, then this scripture comes to mind.

2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV 1900)
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Adam was not deceived into sinning, he sinned willingly because his wife sinned. In other words, he who knew no sin (like Christ) became sin because his wife (the true believers) had become sin. And his punishment was death.

Genesis 3:17–19 (KJV 1900)
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Can anyone see the spiritual picture of the gospel in the account of the fall of mankind per the scriptures?

Savant

Re: ADAM WAS NOT DECIEVED - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Post #2

Post by 1213 »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:54 pm ...
Can anyone see the spiritual picture of the gospel in the account of the fall of mankind per the scriptures?
But why paint this picture that you did?

I think that can be misleading, because it can give ideas that are not directly said in the Bible.

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Eddie Ramos »

[Replying to 1213 in post #2]

Because the Bible teaches us to look for the gospel message in every account of the scriptures. It teaches us that God's word is spiritual. Please see my other thread "the three levels of meaning in the Bible ". We can start by asking ourselves a question, "does the Bible compare Adam to Christ "? As I showed above, the Bible's answer is yes.

This is what God means when he says:

Proverbs 25:2 (KJV)
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing:
but the honour of kings is to search out a matter

Both words translated as "thing" & "matter" are most commonly translated as "WORD ".
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a word:
but the honour of kings is to search out a word.

And God uses the word "kings" in the Bible to speak of the true believers. This is how we search for hidden wisdom, by comparing (not literal with literal) but spiritual with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:7 (KJV) 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:13 (KJV
) 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:54 pm...we see the serpent talking with Eve. But why did Satan specifically go after Eve and not Adam?
Because Eve was the younger and arguably the more naive of the two. Perhaps the feminine tendence to be more "emotion lead" played a part in Satan's choice.

RELATED POSTS

If God knew Adam needed a mate, why did he make Adam to wait for her?
viewtopic.php?p=857016#p857016

Why did the serpant approach Eve first before Adam?
viewtopic.php?p=1088925#p1088925

How could Eve have known who to obey?
viewtopic.php?p=1040358#p1040358

Who sinned first? Adam or Eve?[Gen 3:6]
viewtopic.php?p=1029137#p1029137

Why did Eves punishment involve increased birth pains?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 03#p801703
For more details please go to other posts related to...

SATAN THE DEVIL , ADAM , and ... THE DECEPTION OF EVE
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #5

Post by Eddie Ramos »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:57 pm
Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:54 pm...we see the serpent talking with Eve. But why did Satan specifically go after Eve and not Adam?
Because Eve was the younger and arguably the more naive of the two. Perhaps the feminine tendence to be more "emotion lead" played a part in Satan's choice.

RELATED POSTS
How could Eve have known who to obey?
viewtopic.php?p=1040358#p1040358

Why did Eves punishment involve increased birth pains?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 03#p801703

SATAN THE DEVIL , THE GARDEN OF EDEN and ... THE DECEPTION OF EVE
Thanks, but I always make it a point to get my answers from the scriptures. This way I know that the answer can be trusted.

[i]Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths[/i].

And the Bible teaches us that Satan has always targeted the children of God and not God himself.

[i]1 Peter 5:8 (KJV) 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Luke 22:31 (KJV) 31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:[/i]

This understanding agrees with the whole Bible when we make the connection that Adam is a spiritual type of Christ. And Eve being his wife, represents the bride of Christ, the true believers. Thus, the spiritual picture continues to flow in the account of the fall in that Adam (Christ) became sin because his bride did. She was deceived, Adam wasn't.

This also allows us to understand that Adam was not casting the blame to Eve, like many suggest, but rather was just stating exactly what happened.

Genesis 3:12 (KJV)
12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Miles
Savant

Post #6

Post by Miles »

A few questions regarding

Genesis 2:15
15 The Lord God put the man in the Garden of Eden to work the soil and take care of the garden. 16 The Lord God gave him this command: “You may eat from any tree in the garden. 17 But you must not eat from the tree that gives knowledge about good and evil. If you eat fruit from that tree, on that day you will certainly die!”

1. Who here has any reason to believe Adam knew what "you will certainly die!” meant? From what we can gather from the story Adam had no concept of death or dying, in which case god's warning is pretty stupid.

2. In as much as god is omnicient wouldn't he have known that A & E would eat the apple before he even created the two? Sure he would.

3. So why did god create two individuals and then set them up to fail? Entertainment perhaps?

Eddie Ramos wrote:Adam was not deceived into sinning, he sinned willingly because his wife sinned.
But lacking any concept of "sin," how could Adam have "sinned willingly because his wife sinned"? Never having been exposed to the notion of sin/sinning, the concept would be completely foreign to them both.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #7

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:25 pm ...Adam was not casting the blame to Eve, like many suggest, but rather was just stating exactly what happened.
A false dichotomy, its not a case of either or .... Adam did both.

RELATED POSTS

What is the orgin of the human race?
viewtopic.php?p=1094119#p1094119

Was Adam "wild"?
viewtopic.php?p=1103967#p1103967

If God knew Adam needed a mate, why did he make Adam to wait for her?
viewtopic.php?p=857016#p857016

Was ADAM responsible for keeping SNAKES out of the garden?
viewtopic.php?p=1029136#p1029136

Was Adam created with enough common sense to avoid sinning?
viewtopic.php?p=1084533#p1084533

Was Adam present when Eve ate of the fruit?

Why did Adam take the fruit?
viewtopic.php?p=1090006#p1090006

Did Adam blame Eve for his sin?
viewtopic.php?p=1065330#p1065330

Adam's sin had what effect on his children?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 60#p909860

Who did Adam kill?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 05#p909905

Did Adam die the "day" he was condemned?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 29#p886229

Why does the bible refer to Jesus as "The last Adam"?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 50#p959850

THE GARDEN OF EDEN , ADAM and ... THE DECEPTION OF EVE
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #8

Post by myth-one.com »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:54 pm In other words, he who knew no sin (like Christ) became sin because his wife (the true believers) had become sin. And his punishment was death.
The wages for sin is the second death in Revelation:

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:15)

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Revelation 21:8)

When did Jesus undergo His second death to pay the punishment for sinning.

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #9

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Miles wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:59 pm .

A few questions regarding

Genesis 2:15
15 The Lord God put the man in the Garden of Eden to work the soil and take care of the garden. 16 The Lord God gave him this command: “You may eat from any tree in the garden. 17 But you must not eat from the tree that gives knowledge about good and evil. If you eat fruit from that tree, on that day you will certainly die!”
Miles wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:59 pm 1. Who here has any reason to believe Adam knew what "you will certainly die!” meant? From what we can gather from the story Adam had no concept of death or dying, in which case god's warning is pretty stupid.
It may seem that way to you if you disregard the nature of the scriptures as being holy and parabolic and historically accurate. When God created man, he created him with the ability to understand and reason and make decisions, whether of obedience or disobedience. According to your argument, Adam would not even have a concept of what eating was since the text doesn't specify that he did. But we know that Adam and Eve did have understanding of the both the limits of their permission and the consequences of their disobedience, as reiterated by Eve.

Genesis 3:2–4 (KJV 1900)
And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Eve explained (meaning she understood) why she must not eat of the forbidden tree. She knew that the consequence of death was reason enough to not even touch it. So, there is more evidence for that against the fact that they understood the seriousness of their actions, which is why they didn't until Eve was tempted and deceived.
Miles wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:59 pm 2. In as much as god is omnicient wouldn't he have known that A & E would eat the apple before he even created the two? Sure he would.
Absolutely he did. The garden of Eden and the forbidden tree was a test for mankind to see who they would obey. And because the woman obeyed the serpent, he was given dominion over mankind and was given all authority over this sin cursed world. But this authority was limited by the one who gave it, God.

Luke 4:5–7 (KJV 1900)
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Miles wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:59 pm 3. So why did god create two individuals and then set them up to fail? Entertainment perhaps?
God not only knew what would happen, but he also allowed it to happen so that the history of the world would unfold they it did, so that God could record his writings (the Word of God) over the course of thousands of years.

Isaiah 46:9–10 (KJV 1900)
9  Remember the former things of old:
For I am God, and there is none else;
I am God, and there is none like me,
10  Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times the things that are not yet done,
Saying, My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all my pleasure:

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #10

Post by Eddie Ramos »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:23 pm
Eddie Ramos wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:25 pm ...Adam was not casting the blame to Eve, like many suggest, but rather was just stating exactly what happened.
A false dichotomy, its not a case of either or .... Adam did both.

If you read what is taking place and try and put yourself in Adam's place, then perhaps because you and I would cast blame off of ourselves, doesn't mean that this is the correct way to understand what we read in the scriptures. The scriptures do not record whatever has entered into the minds of men to speak, but they spoke as they were moved to speak and God recorded exactly that which he wanted to place within his word. This is why ALL of scripture is God breathed, meaning it came from the mouth of God.

So, whenever we read anything in the bible, it's not our logic which should assist us in defining any passage, but only the scriptures themselves, as the Bible is its own commentary. And because the Bible teaches that Adam typified Christ, then we have to factor that into our equation of what took place in the Garden. And, no where in the scriptures, do we read that Christ cast blame of sin on his bride. But rather we read that he became sin who knew no sin. Christ did this willingly and what little information we read about Adam, leads us to conclude the same. Trying to reason that Adam more than likely was not there with Eve, is not even suggested in any part of the text.