What I Expect In Heaven

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

What I Expect In Heaven

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

Personally I have no interest in the celestial element of the kingdom of Heaven. To me, it's a foreign country. I want to stay right here on earth during Messiah's 1,000 year administration and visit all the places to which I have never gone, do all the things I've never done, and see all the things I've never seen.

The new cosmos won't be constructed till after Messiah's millennial rein on this corrupt earth is over, and the great white throne event wraps. Which is fine with me 'cause there's a lot left to see and do that I won't get around to in this life. I plan on making very good use of those thousand years to tour ever square inch of this planet-- on land and sea.

Can you just imagine having free rein of this planet with an immortal body and perpetual youth, and no fear of war, violence, poisonous snakes, toxic insects, or wild animals!? I can hardly wait. One of the first things I want to do in Messiah's kingdom is hike the triple crown: the Pacific Coast Trail, The Continental Divide Trail, and the Appalachian Trail. Yeah, Cirque of the Towers here I come!!!

People hike the big trails for a variety of personal reasons. Some march thru like soldiers to get it done and chalked up, while other's take their time and savor every minute of the adventure-- all the sights, sounds, smells, and wild things that they encounter along the way: even the dirt, the dust, the bugs, the hazards, and the discomforts. They are in no hurry to get done because if they hurry, they might miss something.

YouTube adventurer Jennifer Mabus (a.k.a. Starburst) is one of those. She even stopped for a while to watch two small lizards battle out a territorial dispute. Hiker trash passing by thought she was nuts and wasting time; but Jennifer was in Nirvana, so to speak.

Well; that's me. I want the whole nine yards. Charging ahead to the end of one of those wonderful trails is just not my idea of a heavenly good time.

Ps 16:11 . . You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
_

Diagoras
Guru

Re: What I Expect In Heaven

Post #31

Post by Diagoras »

WebersHome wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:11 am Gen 11:6-9 . . and The Lord said: If, as one people with one language for all, this is how they have begun to act, then nothing that they may propose to do will be out of their reach. Let us, then, go down and confound their speech there, so that they shall not understand one another's speech.

. . .Thus The Lord scattered them from there over the face of the whole earth; and they stopped building the city. That is why it was called Babel, because there the Lord confounded the speech of the whole earth; and from there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

That event is handy for showing that languages aren't indelible. In other words; it's possible that folks in Heaven have returned to the point where everyone is speaking the same language and the same words; which would go a long ways towards solidifying unity.
So God’s purpose in ‘confounding speech’ in the first place was explicitly to avoid unity, but you are presuming he’s keen to switch everything back in the alternate-physics land you’re imagining?

Furthermore, “then nothing that they may propose to do will be out of their reach” appears to be God’s fear. He’s clearly anti-international cooperation. Meaning any kind of international treaty or trade deal must really annoy him. And why would he then allow people to become multilingual?

Can you not accept that the Tower of Babel is simply a very primitive story?

WebersHome
Guru

Post #32

Post by WebersHome »

A good Christian friend of mine passed away back in 2006. At the time, I knew the Bible quite a bit better than he did. The irony of that is: by the time I get up to Heaven he will know the Bible better; and I rather expect upon arrival to be assigned to his class along with other newbies wherein my friend will bring us all up to speed not only on things in the Bible that we missed, but also the many things we misunderstood.
_

Diagoras
Guru

Post #33

Post by Diagoras »

What if you get there and he’s not around? What if you find that in fact quite a number of people you thought you knew quite well were missing from heaven? Where could they have ended up instead? How would you feel about that?

WebersHome
Guru

Post #34

Post by WebersHome »

Diagoras wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:30 pmWhat if you get there and he’s not around?

Well; if my good Christian friend didn't make the cut, then I think it's reasonable to expect you and I won't either.
_