Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #241

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Diagoras wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:51 am [Replying to WebersHome in post #1]
If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss
And what if it isn’t correct?
Don't matter, the preaching'll continue until morale improves.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Diagoras
Guru

Post #242

Post by Diagoras »

Funny thing is, the very first time I read the OP, I thought it was arguing quite well against the ‘majority are destined for Hell’ position, by some form of reducing to absurdity argument.

Took me a while to realise it was meant as the other way about.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #243

Post by WebersHome »

Ps 73:3-17 . . I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

Matt 16:26 . . For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

It's been my observation that many of the powerful folks controlling education, finance, manufacturing, governance, entertainment, food production, health care, pharmaceuticals, print media and broadcast news, etc, are quite lacking scruples, and conduct their affairs as if foreign sovereigns with no one to answer to beyond the sphere of their existence. But of course they know something's coming because God instilled that awareness within their ancestors' inner being.

Gen 1:27 . . God created man in his own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

Immigration Update: 1,795 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 109,146,770 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

Diagoras
Guru

Post #244

Post by Diagoras »

WebersHome wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:04 pm It's been my observation that many of the powerful folks controlling education, finance, manufacturing, governance, entertainment, food production, health care, pharmaceuticals, print media and broadcast news, etc, are quite lacking scruples
Scruples is an interesting word. From here:
The noun scruple comes from a Latin word, scrupulus, which means a small, sharp stone. Some say that the philosopher Cicero first used the word analogously to compare a worry to a small, sharp stone in your shoe that bothers you.
My observation is that many religious leaders similarly lack scruples, believing their cause to be right.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #245

Post by WebersHome »

Gen 2:15-17 is a favorite among critics because Adam didn't drop dead within 24 hours of tasting the forbidden fruit. In point of fact, he continued to live outside the garden of Eden for another 800 years after the birth of his son Seth. (Gen 5:4)

Some say Adam died a "spiritual" death, and that's true, but not entirely true, viz: the explanation isn't misinformation, rather, it's missing information.

Human life was created in the image and likeness of God. In other words; human life came out of the box with immortality, i.e. with perpetual youth. Adam lost immortality when he tasted the forbidden fruit, i.e. his body lost its perpetual youth and began to age.

Adam's body became infected with mortality, which is a lingering death rather than sudden death, i.e. mortality is slow, but very relentless: like Arnold Swarzenegger's movie character "The Terminator" --mortality feels neither pain nor pity, nor remorse nor fear; it cannot be reasoned with nor can it be bargained with, and it absolutely will not stop-- ever! --until your useless corpse is ready for burial.

Eccl 7:2 . . It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of mirth, for death is the destiny of every man: the living should take this seriously. (cf. Luke 12:16-21)

Immigration Update: 1,799 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 109,389,994 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

Diagoras
Guru

Post #246

Post by Diagoras »

WebersHome wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:14 pm Adam's body became infected with mortality, which is a lingering death rather than sudden death, i.e. mortality is slow, but very relentless
Could Adam still have been injured in the Garden of Eden? Perhaps by tripping over a rock and impaling himself on a low branch? It seems to me that sudden death would still be a possibility for someone 'immortal' through injury. Adam presumably couldn't just leap off a cliff and expect to be fine afterwards.

What could be the process by which 'mortality' is transmitted from a fruit to an immortal person, do you think? Are we just saying "god magic" here? Because that's not a very satisfactory answer. I'm also wondering about what Adam's body was doing at a cellular level before he became infected. For instance, were his stomach cells just hanging out in a lake of acid the whole time? What about his immune system? Did he have one? Cell death is actually (and ironically a vital) part of the process of keeping you alive in the first place, so having neutrophils and macrophages in your body doesn't fit with any kind of immortal plan.

The human immune system is kinda complicated. Seems awfully difficult to just put that together in a piece of fruit, yet utterly pointless to have it 'installed' in Adam pre-fruit, just ready to go. A sort of 'In case of Sin, break glass' scenario...

WebersHome
Guru

Post #247

Post by WebersHome »

Diagoras wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:33 pmWhat could be the process by which 'mortality' is transmitted from a fruit to an immortal person, do you think?
There was a time when I suspected the chemistry of the forbidden fruit was responsible for Adam's loss of immortality, but now I'm not so sure because when Eve tasted it, nothing happened. Her sense of decency was undisturbed until Adam ate some and then they both set about covering their pelvic areas.

So: if the fruit wasn't the source of their altered state, nor their maker; then the source defaults to the Serpent, a.k.a. the Devil. (Rev 12:9) He has the power of death, and the ability to tamper with the human body and the human mind in ways not easily detected.
_

Diagoras
Guru

Post #248

Post by Diagoras »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #247]

That's some fairly sweeping powers for Satan to have been given, then. Why would God give Satan that power in the first place, if he knew that Satan would turn out to be a wrong 'un? Or was God blindsided to Satan's intent? Was God like the parent who never sees the bad in their child?

Since God 'made' Satan (at some point - it's not clear when), he could presumably remove any powers from Satan that might cause significant problems down the line - and do that at the same time as he kicked Satan out of heaven. Was God just not thinking this through properly? "Right, you're banished!, but I'm not going to bother checking whether you get up to any mischief in future..."

As a story, this whole thing needs a lot of work in order to have even a rudimentary amount of internal consistency.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #249

Post by WebersHome »

If true that God can foresee the future, and is able to manipulate the future at will; then the third chapter of Genesis tells some very unpleasant things about our maker-- characteristics about God that I think most Christians would rather not talk about because they are just too disturbing.

My memory is a bit foggy, but I think the very first thing I discovered about God that got me to thinking was the timing of Christ's crucifixion. According to 1Pet 1:18-20 and Rev 13:8, his death was pre-determined and pre-scheduled before any of the cosmos' forms of life, matter, and energy were created. In other words: Christ's crucifixion for the sins of the world wasn't on stand-by, rather, it was anticipated; which tells that God was fully aware all along the direction the world would take even before He created the first man, viz: the forbidden tree and the Serpent were part of a grand scheme whose purpose was to necessitate the cross.

I have contemplated, and re-contemplated, this over and over in my mind and can come to no other conclusion but that God is an evil genius, i.e. an insane sadist without par who has rather strange ways of going about amusing Himself

I am more afraid of God than I am of Joseph Biden, Kim Jong-Un, Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, and the bosses of Iran combined because not one of them can tinker with the world's affairs with even near the level of resources, cunning, and artifice that God is able to employ.

God is sometimes called the "Lord of hosts" which tells that He is able to muster every form of sentient life in existence to do His bidding-- willing or unwilling, witting or unwitting, makes no difference because God's free will trumps all else's free will.
_

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #250

Post by JoeyKnothead »

WebersHome wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:04 pm Ps 73:3-17 . . I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.
I know you are, but what am I?

Childish, schoolyard level insults, whether presented by gods or humans, are nothing more'n an ignorant (censored) trying to insult folks into believing em.

Maybe, just maybe, if gods and preachers quit insulting folks, they could convince em of their arguments.

But hey, found Trumps account!
Matt 16:26 . . For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
I'd give my soul for some biscuits and gravy.
It's been my observation that many of the powerful folks controlling education, finance, manufacturing, governance, entertainment, food production, health care, pharmaceuticals, print media and broadcast news, etc, are quite lacking scruples, and conduct their affairs as if foreign sovereigns with no one to answer to beyond the sphere of their existence. But of course they know something's coming because God instilled that awareness within their ancestors' inner being.
It's been my observation that preacher's insult and slander anyone and everyone who doesn't bow their knee to the preacher.
God created man in his own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
So, God created the things that create poop. Big deal.
Immigration Update: 1,795 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 109,146,770 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
And that you're now up to you 249 drivels in this thread alone.

The liar lies, and the preacher preaches.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin