Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2531

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Miles wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:28 pm
I readily admit I don't know the Bible as well as many do, so how about passing along what you know and cite those passages where Paul admitted that some of what he says in the Bible was not inspired by god.

He never said that, he said on one occassion he was expressing his opinion not quoting Jesus. If his opinion is part of the bible canon we can be confident it harmonized with God's.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Miles
Savant

Post #2532

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:01 am
I readily admit I don't know the Bible as well as many do, so how about passing along what you know and cite those passages where Paul admitted that some of what he says in the Bible was not inspired by god.

He never said that, he said on one occassion he was expressing his opinion not quoting Jesus. If his opinion is part of the bible canon we can be confident it harmonized with God's.
Perhaps not, but onewithhim says he did: "I believe that the Bible is God-inspired, and its message is from God. You can be amazed at my statement, or you can try and understand exactly what I said. Indeed, the apostle Paul said a couple of things that he admitted were not inspired by God to write down. (If you knew the Bible you would know what I'm talking about.) Yet we don't throw out Paul's statement."

Tcg
Savant

Post #2533

Post by Tcg »

Miles wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:50 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:01 am

Perhaps not, but onewithhim says he did: "I believe that the Bible is God-inspired, and its message is from God. You can be amazed at my statement, or you can try and understand exactly what I said. Indeed, the apostle Paul said a couple of things that he admitted were not inspired by God to write down. (If you knew the Bible you would know what I'm talking about.) Yet we don't throw out Paul's statement."

I can only think of when Paul gave some kind of instruction on marriage that wasn't based on what Jesus said. Of course, it is odd that JWs would worry over this given they don't think Jesus was God. It's one dude who isn't God discussing what some other dude who isn't God said, at least according to their theology.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2534

Tcg wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:06 am ... it is odd that JWs would worry over this ...
Please produce verfiable proof that we do. Can you prove others do? Yes or no ? If yes produce verifiable evidence ( not hearsay). The bible is quite clear on the matter and Jesus identity is an elementary matter settled very early in our bible education.
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2535

Tcg wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:06 am ...they don't think Jesus was God. It's one dude who isn't God discussing what some other dude who isn't God said, at least according to their theology.

Tcg
If by your eloquent "one dude" you mean one unremarkable human that was not the son of God sent to earth from his heavenly prehuman existence to explain inerrant religious truth to the world, then no, your statement does not accurately reflect our theology as presented in our official website. Would you like to enter into an exchange on JW theology?
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tcg
Savant

Post #2536

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:19 am
Tcg wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:06 am ...they don't think Jesus was God. It's one dude who isn't God discussing what some other dude who isn't God said, at least according to their theology.

Tcg
If by your eloquent "one dude" you mean one unremarkable human that was not the son of God sent to heart from his heavenly prehuman existence to explain inerrant religious truth to the world, then no, your statement does not accurately reflect our theology as presented in our official website. Would you like to enter into an exchange on JW theology?
Of course, I wouldn't. By the way, which "one dude" are you referring to? Paul or Jesus? And by the way, are you suggesting that I am wrong when I say that JWs don't belief the dude named Jesus was God?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2537

Tcg wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:14 am

Tcg
If by your eloquent "one dude" you mean one unremarkable human that was not the son of God sent to heart from his heavenly prehuman existence to explain inerrant religious truth to the world, then no, your statement does not accurately reflect our theology as presented in our official website. Would you like to enter into an exchange on JW theology?
Of course, I wouldn't. ...

Okay, I can respect that. Then I wish you a most pleasant day,

JW

Tcg
Savant

Post #2538

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:22 am

Tcg
Of course, I wouldn't. ...

Okay, I can respect that. Then I wish you a most pleasant day,

JW
Would you care to address anything else I asked?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2539

Post by onewithhim »

Tcg
Of course, I wouldn't. By the way, which "one dude" are you referring to? Paul or Jesus? And by the way, are you suggesting that I am wrong when I say that JWs don't belief the dude named Jesus was God?

Tcg
You are correct. JWs do not believe that Jesus is God. He is God's SON, and he always maintained that to be true, and accepted his position as subservient to the Father. (See John 20:17; John 17:3.)

Rose2020
Scholar

Post #2540

Post by Rose2020 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #1]

I would say 'now'. Because this is a terrible world. I look forward to be gone to heaven and can look forward to return when God has transformed this into an earthly paradise, once Christ has returned. If it is His will for me of course.