Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #61

Post by Brightfame52 »

Who does Paul mean here ?

1 Tim 6:15-16

15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Who is Paul referring to here ? God the Father or the Lord Jesus Christ ?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #62

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:31 am Who does Paul mean here ?

1 Tim 6:15-16

15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Who is Paul referring to here ? God the Father or the Lord Jesus Christ ?
He's referring to the lord Jesus Christ.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only human who ever qualified to inherit everlasting life under the Old Testament Covenant.

Thus, Jesus is the only human for whom immortality awaits when the will is probated.

But Jesus will gift His inheritance to those who believeth in Him as their Savior under the New Testament Covenant.

Thus salvation becomes a gift of God through Jesus Christ. :D

Savant

Post #63

Post by 1213 »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:42 am So, using your logic, the Father cannot be considered our Master and Lord.
For me the Father is the only true God.

....I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.
John 20:17

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:42 am...not greater by essence/nature.
Where is that said in the Bible?
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:42 amThis cannot be read as you are reading it,...
I think it should be read directly, without twisting it to mean something else.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #64

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #62]

Then that scripture indicates that Jesus Christ is God.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #65

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:08 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #62]

Then that scripture indicates that Jesus Christ is God.
This verse doesn't indicate that Jesus Christ is God:
Romans 6:23 wrote:For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Which verse are you referring to?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #66

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #65]

Yes the one I referenced did

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #67

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:36 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #65]
Yes the one I referenced did
Good for you, Brightfame!

Good job.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #68

Post by Brightfame52 »

God is Judge Himself !

We know Jesus is God Almighty, for it is He that sets Upon the Throne here at the Great White Throne Rev 20:11-12

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

We know also that God the Father appointed the man Christ Jesus / Mediator 1 Tim 2:5 to Judge the World in Righteousness Acts 17:31

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

And again we are told that All Judgment has been given to the Son John 5:22

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

So by this Matter of Judgment, the Father is clearly attesting to the fact that the Son is God also, its clear evidence of His Deity and Godhead:

Ps 50:6

And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah.

The Father says to the Son Heb 1:8-9

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

None but God has the Ability and Essential Attributes to Judge all mankind, but God. He that is so qualified for such a immeasurable charge this would need to be Omniscience, in order weigh the hearts and motives of countless Millions upon Millions, to be able to know all the secrets of their hearts with pin point accuracy 1 Cor 4:5

5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come [Jesus Christ], who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels[motives] of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

He will need to have perfect recall of every idle word of men Matt 12:36

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Every Work "Ecclesiastes 11:9

9 Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God[The Man Jesus Christ] will bring thee into judgment.

God here must be the Son ! Also "Ecclesiastes 12:14

14 For God [The Man Christ Jesus appointed] shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Now Solomon under inspiration has already written 1 Kings 8:39

39 Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men)

Now if Christ be not God, Solomon has lied, and the scripture cannot be broken, Jesus attests to His Own ability to know the hearts of all men Rev 2:23

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he[God] which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Jer 17:10

I the Lord[Jesus Christ] search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. 31

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #69

Post by Brightfame52 »

God is Judge Himself ! cont

Now many Blasphemers contend that if Christ is also God, then why has it been given of the Father to Him to be Judge of all Mankind ? However it is to their folly, the very fact that God the Father gave such a business to the Man Christ Jesus, is the Father's attestation that the Son is God also, for none other than God could be qualified to Judge all Mankind, who is God.

So it will be also at this Time, The Great Day of Judgment and Wrath, that all mankind will confess [agree with, say the same thing] That Jesus Christ is Jehovah LORD to the Glory of the Father, since the Father has always attested to the Son being God. Phil 2:9-11

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord[Jehovah], to the glory of God the Father.

Jn 5:22-23

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Thats because the Judge of Mankind must be Essentially God for such a Business !

Heb 1:8

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Christ's Kingdom here will Judge the World at His Coming 2 Tim 4:1

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

At which His sceptre will appear to be Righteous Rev 15:3-4

3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Thats How its going to be to the Glory of God the Father, and that's how and why all men will Honor the Son [As Jehovah God] as they do the Father, in the Day of Judgment, for which why the Father appointed Him Supreme Judge.

Then men will confess it, the difference being then however, those who are now being made to confess it at Judgment day, who did not before, they will be confessing it on their way to perdition 2 Pet 3:7

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

So those of us who are reading these words now, and do not believe the Man Christ Jesus is also Jehovah God, the Supreme Judge f all mankind, be sure we will confess it so in that Day, when we shall be consigned into perdition !

Savant

Post #70

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:00 am ...
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord[Jehovah], to the glory of God the Father.

Jn 5:22-23
Where do you get that the Lord means Jehovah?