Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #71

Post by Brightfame52 »

1213 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:02 am
Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:00 am ...
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord[Jehovah], to the glory of God the Father.

Jn 5:22-23
Where do you get that the Lord means Jehovah?
From comparing scripture with scripture. Do you believe Jesus is Jehovah God ? Yes or No

Savant

Post #72

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:40 am ...Do you believe Jesus is Jehovah God ? Yes or No
I believe Jesus. He says there is only one true God that is greater than him. I also believe Paul who says there is only one God and Jesus is a man. This is why my answer is, Jesus is not the one and only true God.

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

Jesus said to her, “Don’t touch me, for I haven’t yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brothers, and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
John 20:17

...the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #73

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to 1213 in post #72]

I believe Jesus also in what He said in those scriptures, but thats not what I asked you. Do you believe Jesus is God . Yes or No

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #74

Post by Brightfame52 »

Was Jesus Created ?

Does the scripture teach that Christ was in any way Created or Generated ? Yes it does, The Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, Begotten of the Father, from Everlasting was Created or Begotten. The Lord Jesus Christ in His Person and Character as the Son of God, The Mediator, He is the very first production of God's Power, that is to say the Firstborn of Every Creature that God Made, such is revealed in scriptures like Rev 3:14

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Proverbs 8 reads here Prov 8:22-23

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

This is what Jesus is referring to in Rev 3:14, for He is the Wisdom of God 1 Cor 1:24.

Now the word possessed Vs 22 is the Hebrew word qanah and means:

to get, acquire, create, buy, possess

Now to Create also means to:

to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes

Also :to make by investing with new rank or by designating; constitute; appoint: to create a peer.

And so Prove 8:23 says of Him

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

This word set up is the Hebrew nacak and means:

to pour out, pour, offer, cast

a) (Qal)

1) to pour out

2) to cast metal images

3) to anoint (a king)

b) (Niphal) to be anointed

c) (Piel) to pour out (as a libation)

d) (Hiphil) to pour out libations

e) (Hophal) to be poured out

2) to set, install

a) (Qal) to install

b) (Niphal) to be installed

So Christ from Everlasting ,and by the Power of the Father was brought into existence as The Mediator and anointed and installed in that Office, as the Only Unique Son of God, of Highest Rank in Creation.

This is something accomplished in Eternity, also in this begetting, He was given a Seed a People in Him, which is also why He was made the pattern to which Adam was Created in the beginning with a people in him, and be made the fitting figure of Him that was to Come Rom 5:14

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Hence its no difference in saying the Son of God was begotten from Everlasting, than saying He was Created from Everlasting in this Capacity, as the Son of God.

Also in this capacity He is inferior than the father, because the Father beget Him, though it was before Time began, and from Everlasting.

Now in also stating this, we believe also that the Son of God in His Essential Nature, the Word of God, The Logos, that He is the Essential God, Co Equal with the Father Jn 1:1, and also in this Nature He is Unbegotten, Uncreated, and The Great I AM, So He is both Beings in One. It is folly to teach and believe that He in His Essential Nature as God the Word, that He was begotten or Created or Generated, that would make Him a Begotten, created or Generated God, a derived God or Godhead and we consider that Blasphemy at its Highest ! Now I know my adversaries are going to twist and misrepresent this post, but its the Truth I had to witness to !32

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #75

Post by Brightfame52 »

Who is this Judge ?

James 5:9

Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #76

Post by Brightfame52 »

That Jesus is God as revealed in the scripture, is understood when we read these things specifically of Him Jn 1:1-3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Cp Prov 16:4

4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Clearly the same Being is meant here in Prov 16:4 and He in Jn 1:1-3; Col 1:16 which we know means Christ !

Jesus is the Saviour, and the Saviour of Israel is the LORD Jehovah, the God of Israel Isa 43:3

For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

And He is the same Saviour of Israel here Acts 13:23

23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #77

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:23 am That Jesus is God as revealed in the scripture, is understood when we read these things specifically of Him Jn 1:1-3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Cp Prov 16:4

4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Clearly the same Being is meant here in Prov 16:4 and He in Jn 1:1-3; Col 1:16 which we know means Christ !
Then why was the name Jesus not even mentioned in the verses you quoted?

The Word created everything ever created according to the scriptures you quoted -- not Jesus!

Jesus was a man and was not created until about 4.54 billion years after the original creation of the earth.

You're confusing the spiritual bodied Word with the physical bodied man Jesus.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #78

Post by Brightfame52 »

mythone
The Word created everything ever created according to the scriptures you quoted -- not Jesus!
I believe anyone reading scripture as it regards the word Jn 1:1 knows that it refers to Jesus in Vs 1:14

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Is Vs 14 talking about Jesus without saying Jesus ? Dont be so frivolous

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #79

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:55 pm mythone
I believe anyone reading scripture as it regards the word Jn 1:1 knows that it refers to Jesus in Vs 1:14

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word and Jesus are two different beings.

Jesus is a natural bodied being which can die.

The Word is an everlasting spiritual being which cannot die.

They have different characteristics.

Immortal is contradictory to mortal. An immortal being cannot die, and a mortal being cannot live forever.

Every living being will either die or live forever. Those are the only two choices. No living being can be mortal and immortal.

The "Word made flesh" was the man Jesus Christ -- a separate Jewish human being from the Word.

If the Word and Jesus are the same being, why did the Word have to be made flesh to dwell with mankind?
John 1:14 wrote:And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Do you understand why the Word was made flesh as a Jewish human?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #80

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:56 pm
Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:55 pm mythone

The Word and Jesus are two different beings.

Jesus is a natural bodied being which can die.

The Word is an everlasting spiritual being which cannot die.

They have different characteristics.

Immortal is contradictory to mortal. An immortal being cannot die, and a mortal being cannot live forever.

Every living being will either die or live forever. Those are the only two choices. No living being can be mortal and immortal.

The "Word made flesh" was the man Jesus Christ -- a separate Jewish human being from the Word.

If the Word and Jesus are the same being, why did the Word have to be made flesh to dwell with mankind?
John 1:14 wrote:And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Do you understand why the Word was made flesh as a Jewish human?
Two different beings, Jesus and the word ? I think you are very confused.