Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

tam
Savant

The Tree of Life

Post #1

Post by tam »

May you all have peace!

On another forum, someone had asked if Christ was the Tree of Life from the Garden. I responded on that forum, but thought I would also share the truth as my Lord Jaheshua has taught me, in here as well.

Christ is indeed the Tree of Life from the Garden (of Eden). If Adam and Eve had reached out and eaten from the Tree of Life in the Garden, they would have lived forever, yes? Well, Christ tells us that we must eat from HIM to have eternal life and so, to live forever (see John 6:32–58)… and He also tells us that He is the Life (see John 14:6; 11:25):

I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.”

I am the Resurrection and the Life.”

Some of those passages from John 6:

I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

and,

“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

God did not give us two different things from which we may eat and live forever. God gave us His Son: Christ Jaheshua (Jaheshua meaning JAH saves/savior of JAH). Christ is the Truth, the Way, and the Life (and so also the Tree of Life). The spirit reminds me that my dear Lord is also described as having branches in Him:

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the keeper of the vineyard. He cuts off every branch IN ME that bears no fruit, and every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes it to make it even more fruitful.”

Christ is the Tree of Life.

May anyone who wishes and may anyone who thirsts, “Come! Take the free gift of the water of life!”

Peace to you!

tam
Savant

Re: The Tree of Life

Post #21

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

[Replying to William in post #21]

You seem to have also cut out this question:

What gate are you referring to?

I had hoped you might reconsider your conclusions when you realized that you based at least some of them on a false premise (the gate/fence). Perhaps you might stop for a moment and realize - 'oh, there is no gate/fence mentioned in the story; I don't know where I got that idea, perhaps I have misunderstood some things and should reconsider my premises and conclusions.'

I'm not sure how much of your theology you are basing on the whole fence/gate idea, so I left that to you to sort out.

William
Savant

Post #22

Post by William »

Do you get from the story that the entrance to the Garden was that which was being Guarded Tammy?

tam
Savant

Post #23

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
tam wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:44 pm May you all have peace!

On another forum, someone had asked if Christ was the Tree of Life from the Garden. I responded on that forum, but thought I would also share the truth as my Lord Jaheshua has taught me, in here as well.

Christ is indeed the Tree of Life from the Garden (of Eden). If Adam and Eve had reached out and eaten from the Tree of Life in the Garden, they would have lived forever, yes? Well, Christ tells us that we must eat from HIM to have eternal life and so, to live forever (see John 6:32–58)… and He also tells us that He is the Life (see John 14:6; 11:25):

I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

and,

“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

God did not give us two different things from which we may eat and live forever. God gave us His Son: Christ Jaheshua (Jaheshua meaning JAH saves/savior of JAH). Christ is the Truth, the Way, and the Life (and so also the Tree of Life). The spirit reminds me that my dear Lord is also described as having branches in Him:

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the keeper of the vineyard. He cuts off every branch IN ME that bears no fruit, and every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes it to make it even more fruitful.”

May anyone who wishes and may anyone who thirsts, “Come! Take the free gift of the water of life!”

Peace to you!
Considering the night (some will understand - though eating and drinking of Christ is not restricted to just one night), here is a reminder for anyone who might need or want it, that we are invited BY CHRIST to eat and drink the bread and wine that mean His body and His blood, that He has said anyone may eat (as per Christ's words at John 6:50; see the quotes from Him above). A reminder also that Christ is the true manna from heaven. Israel ate the manna in the desert daily, but Christ is the TRUE manna from heaven, the TRUE daily bread.

As also Paul said,

'...On the night He was betrayed, took bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes."

More from four years ago on this forum as well:

viewtopic.php?p=910813#p910813

Peace again to you all,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

wannabe
Apprentice

Post #24

Post by wannabe »

William wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:00 pm
tam wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:44 pm May you all have peace!

and,

Peace to you!
Universal Balance and Harmony Tammy.

I have also recently had thoughts on The Tree Of Life in regard to symbolism.

I viewed Tams Regard for the "Tree of life" as the 'spiritual truth of Christ' (as Jesus would have me believe.)
I haven't reviewed genesis of late but i always figured 'Eden' was symbolic of the whole earth, to be part of Gods plan to separate good from evil.
I cant think of a single reason not to keep faith in Jesus and, check back on his teachings, every now and then. (just to refresh ourselves)
Thank you tam nice reminder(and this kind of reminder never goes stale.)
:
:

Live to give , Give to live ( love Jesus )

: I believe a mans spirit is more than just his imagination.

I believe in forever. That's true even without religion.(or man)

: Live to give, give to life, Forgive to live.

William
Savant

Post #25

Post by William »

[Replying to wannabe in post #24]

You left some things out, when you quoted me.

Here is the rest of what I wrote in that post;
William: We have no biblical evidence that Adam did not eat the fruit from the ToL.
If the Garden story is symbolic, then within its symbolism are clues.

The first clue is that there was no command from The Creator regarding that particular tree, other than in general terms. All fruit from all trees was permissible to consume. Only the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil ToKoGaE [also situated in the middle of the garden Genesis 2:9] was forbidden [by The Creator] for Adam to eat.

If we take the garden to be symbolic of the human condition, then within that condition is this place where two specific "trees" with different properties existed.

There is no reason to suppose that Adam never partook of the ToL.

Indeed, if one were to claim that, one would also be claiming that the human form The Creator made for the Spirit he then placed within it [symbolized as The Creators Breath] was impermanent, which would be to say, was created to die from the go-get. To do so would be admit that The Creator was withholding information.
Rather, the information we do have is that The Creator did create the human form as something that would die if it did not consume the fruit of the ToL.

That The Creator expelled Adam from The Garden after Adam ate of the ToKoGaE, and placed Guardians at its gates to prevent Adam reentering, tells us that - not only was the Garden fenced from the beginning, [symbolizing keeping some things in and other things out] but also that Adam was cut off from that aspect of his self re the symbolism.

His lot, became a darker experience of existence.

He lived far longer than humans naturally do, which is also a clue that he had partaken of the ToL , and symbolically this might represent a fading memory of a prior existence which was unlike the one he had been banished to.

Your sharing that Christ symbolically represents the ToL in regard to the words he used to instill in his followers the need to 'eat of his body and drink of his blood [for therein is life] is symbolic. We have moved from eating the fruit of trees to consuming human flesh and blood - the state of humankind clearly represented in that difference.

But also, as is shown in the biblical references you used, there is mention of fruit re The Vine, so this is also a clue that the symbolism is not stuck in flesh and blood [animal] but pointing back to the fruit of tress/vines [vegetation] and also water [the shared substance apparent in both animal and vegetation].
You're Welcome :)