GOD OWES ISRAEL NOTHING - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

GOD OWES ISRAEL NOTHING - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Post #1

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Israel's inheritance is a discussion among Christians where there is much debate. But that's only because they are not looking at everything the Bible has to say on the matter. Here we find the first promise God made to Abraham regarding Israel's inheritance of the land.

Genesis 12:7 (KJV 1900)
And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

And then God reiterates this promise referring to the land of Canaan, also known as the promised land.

Genesis 15:18–21 (KJV 1900)
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: 19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, 20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, 21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

But then we find another promise that many think is the same promise because it's found within the same chapters of Genesis 12 -18. But if you look closer, you'll notice that the above promises God made to Abraham only include "his seed". But in these next promises, you'll notice that now God is going to include not only Abraham's seed, but also Abraham himself and well as making this covenant an everlasting covenant. Quite differently from the first set of promises. Take a look.

Genesis 13:14–16 (KJV 1900)
And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. 16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

Genesis 17:7–8 (KJV 1900)
And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Now, understanding the difference between these two promises makes all the difference in the world when trying to determine if the physical nation of Israel today still has to inherit the land as promised by God. When we study this, we discover 2 things, God's first promise to the nation of Israel alone, has already been fulfilled in its entirety and God now owes them nothing.

Joshua 21:43–45 (KJV 1900)
And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein. 44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand. 45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

1 Kings 8:55–56 (KJV 1900)
55 And he stood, and blessed all the congregation of Israel with a loud voice, saying, 56 Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.

Nehemiah 9:7–8 (KJV 1900)
7 Thou art the LORD the God, who didst choose Abram, and broughtest him forth out of Ur of the Chaldees, and gavest him the name of Abraham; 8 And foundest his heart faithful before thee, and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it, I say, to his seed, and hast performed thy words; for thou art righteous:

God's promise to the physical nation of Israel was unconditional, but their ability to stay in the promised land was certainly conditional in nature. And because they were soon rebellious against God, they began a cycle of being kicked out and then brought back, until God finally gave them over to the king of Babylon. But the second promise to Abraham and to his seed to inherit the land of Canaan forever, is spiritual in nature and has yet to be fulfilled, but not with the physical nation of Israel, but with the spiritual nation of Israel, the Israel of God, made up of every true believer that ever lived from every nation around the world. We know this because Abraham never inherited the land he was promised, he only lived in it as a stranger.

Hebrews 11:8–10 (KJV 1900)
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Abraham knew that it wasn't the physical land of Canaan that God had in view to be an everlasting possession because this world is not going to be everlasting, but will be destroyed at the last day. Abraham was looking for a spiritual fulfilment of this promise for himself and for his seed, which are all those who are in Christ.

Galatians 3:29 (KJV 1900)
And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Here we can see that the physical nation of Israel has nothing to do with the spiritual promise made to Abraham and to his seed forever. This land of Canaan is the new earth which shall be made by God after this creation is destroyed. And the heirs of this land are the true children of God, from every tongue, tribe and nation.

Can you see the difference between the physical historical promise and the spiritual promise yet to be fulfilled?

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Re: GOD OWES ISRAEL NOTHING - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Post #11

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:49 am ed ramos
Before I get into your question, I'd like to know what you believe the eternal church (true believers) will be doing after they obey God's command to leave the churches of the world.
Serving God wherever His Providence has placed them. So do you believe the Israel of God and the Church, the Body of Christ are the same ?
Yes, absolutely. They are all names by which God identifies the elect. The Israel of, the spiritual Jew, the eternal church (as opposed to the earthly church), the body of Christ, the bride of Christ, the spiritual temple made up of living stones, etc.

The reason I asked my additional question was because I was surprised to see that someone here understood that God would call his true people to depart from the earthly churches. Most people believe that the true believers were to stay in the churches until the catching up, which is incorrect.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #12

Post by Brightfame52 »

eddie r
Yes, absolutely. They are all names by which God identifies the elect. The Israel of, the spiritual Jew, the eternal church (as opposed to the earthly church), the body of Christ, the bride of Christ, the spiritual temple made up of living stones, etc.
Amen we agree !
The reason I asked my additional question was because I was surprised to see that someone here understood that God would call his true people to depart from the earthly churches.
Oh yeah, God called us out of organized religion altogether, years ago Rev 18:4

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Most people believe that the true believers were to stay in the churches until the catching up, which is incorrect.
Yeah I believe He called His People out prior to the catching up at the second coming

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #13

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:38 pm eddie r
Amen we agree !
The reason I asked my additional question was because I was surprised to see that someone here understood that God would call his true people to depart from the earthly churches.
Oh yeah, God called us out of organized religion altogether, years ago Rev 18:4

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Most people believe that the true believers were to stay in the churches until the catching up, which is incorrect.
Yeah I believe He called His People out prior to the catching up at the second coming
Interesting. Any biblical evidence lead you to the conclusion that we were to leave the churches of the world before the last coming of Christ? I ask because I left years ago as well, but because of the calendar God placed in his word. This calendar allowed God's people to see that the time of abomination of desolation was in place and so we would depart. But it wasn't due to what Revelation 18:4 said (because Babylon is actually a reference to the world itself, not the church), it was due to this command by Christ.

Matthew 24:13–16 (KJV 1900)
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

The abomination is a reference to Satan who was set up in the churches of the world at the same time God removed his spirit from among them (the light of the candle). We were told that we would see this (and to see, actually means to know) and understand when this time would be, by reading. And only the Bible is in view when God speaks of reading because only the Bible could disclose when that time would be. And because God's people were always looking and hasting for the coming of the day of God, it was only a matter of time when God would open up the understanding of his people to be able to finally see it in the scriptures. The command for "them in Judea to flee" was a command to the people of God within the church organizations (Judea) which God had set up for a time. In other words, just as the people of God went to Judea to worship, so to the churches of the world, once they were set up as the new place of worship. And then we are told where we were to flee to, the mountains, which represents God himself.

Psalm 121:1–2 (KJV 1900)

1  I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills (to the mountains),
From whence cometh my help
2  My help cometh from the LORD,
Which made heaven and earth.

Effectively, this was God's command to flee the churches once God finished using the churches of the world and finally abandoned them, setting up Satan to rule therein. And when we fled the churches, we fled to God himself, meaning, the true child of God was no longer under the authority of the churches which God set up for a time. Now God and his word are the only authority a child of God has and needs.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #14

Post by Brightfame52 »

eddie
Interesting. Any biblical evidence lead you to the conclusion that we were to leave the churches of the world before the last coming of Christ? I ask because I left years ago as well, but because of the calendar God placed in his word. This calendar allowed God's people to see that the time of abomination of desolation was in place and so we would depart. But it wasn't due to what Revelation 18:4 said (because Babylon is actually a reference to the world itself, not the church), it was due to this command by Christ.
Hi eddie, well the church now is the world, worldly, that's the reason for the separation, many times the religions of the day are called the world. Like when Jesus said, the world shall hate you to His disciples Jn 15:18, mainly He means false religion will hate them.

Paul means religion here Gal 4:3

Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

So I believe the effectual call was from organized worldly religions.

Now God did confirm to us why, because the man of sin is now reigning in organized religion today by means of false gospels, that salvation in some form or another is ultimately conditioned on man. And yes I do believe this equates to the abomination of desolation for our day and time. So I believe Rev 18:4 is quite appropriate.
Matthew 24:13–16 (KJV 1900)
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

The abomination is a reference to Satan who was set up in the churches of the world at the same time God removed his spirit from among them (the light of the candle). We were told that we would see this (and to see, actually means to know) and understand when this time would be, by reading. And only the Bible is in view when God speaks of reading because only the Bible could disclose when that time would be. And because God's people were always looking and hasting for the coming of the day of God, it was only a matter of time when God would open up the understanding of his people to be able to finally see it in the scriptures. The command for "them in Judea to flee" was a command to the people of God within the church organizations (Judea) which God had set up for a time. In other words, just as the people of God went to Judea to worship, so to the churches of the world, once they were set up as the new place of worship. And then we are told where we were to flee to, the mountains, which represents God himself.
I find this agreeable

Psalm 121:1–2 (KJV 1900)

1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills (to the mountains),
From whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the LORD,
Which made heaven and earth.

Effectively, this was God's command to flee the churches once God finished using the churches of the world and finally abandoned them, setting up Satan to rule therein. And when we fled the churches, we fled to God himself, meaning, the true child of God was no longer under the authority of the churches which God set up for a time. Now God and his word are the only authority a child of God has and needs.
I find this agreeable:

Rev 12:6

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

God will feed His Church in this wilderness, no matter the terrible condition of false christianity.