Let us Golf and worship vorher Gods !!!

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Let us Golf and worship vorher Gods !!!

Post #1

Post by The Nice Centurion »

What if evereyone asks every Jehovahs Witness he mets to "Let us go and worship other gods!"

Are Jehovas Witnesses not obliged to kill such a person?

Wouldnt that bei a Gorefeast?
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

brunumb
Savant

Re: Let us Golf and worship vorher Gods !!!

Post #11

Post by brunumb »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:26 pm
Miles wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:13 pm Jehovah’s Witnesses standing at the front door "We've cherry picked the Bible ...
Jehovah's Witnesses cannot legitimately be accused of "cherry picking" or ignoring Gods law, they simply apply it correctly.
Perhaps it would be less prideful to say that Jehovah's Witnesses simply believe that they apply it correctly.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

brunumb wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:20 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:26 pm
Miles wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:13 pm Jehovah’s Witnesses standing at the front door "We've cherry picked the Bible ...
Jehovah's Witnesses cannot legitimately be accused of "cherry picking" or ignoring Gods law, they simply apply it correctly.
Perhaps it would be less prideful to say that Jehovah's Witnesses simply believe that they apply it correctly.

That is a given. We are all stating our beliefs/opinions on various topics ; You for example, believe certain things are prideful but you neglected to state explicitly it was your belief (as in opinion) . That is not problematic as it is implicit in everything you (and all of us) post.
Yes, it is indeed my belief that we Jehovahs Witnesses belong to the only religious organisation that God approves of on earth today. All others will, we believe be destroyed during what the bible calls "the Great Trbulation". It is a part if the Jehovahs Witnesses belief system that ONLY they are qualified to be called Christians, which is why when people convert to their faith even if they were baptised, they have to be baptised "again".

That said I periodically remind people the following: NOTE All posts I write represent my personal faith based beliefs as one of Jehovah's Witnesses
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

brunumb
Savant

Post #13

Post by brunumb »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:23 am You for example, believe certain things are prideful but you neglected to state explicitly it was your belief (as in opinion) .
Apart from the post leading to this I don't recall ever having talked about pride at all in these discussions. All I said in response to your words was "Perhaps it would be less prideful to say.....". You are reading an awful lot into that and adding more that just isn't there.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #14

brunumb wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:59 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:23 am You for example, believe certain things are prideful but you neglected to state explicitly it was your belief (as in opinion) .
Apart from the post leading to this I don't recall ever having talked about pride at all in these discussions. All I said in response to your words was "Perhaps it would be less prideful to say.....". You are reading an awful lot into that and adding more that just isn't there.
Fair enough ; you believe it would perhaps "be less prideful to say.....". ie you believe it would be prideful to say the alternative but LESS prideful to explicitly state it was a belief. You still however yourself neglected to explictly state you were expressing your belief (as in opinion).

My point being you do not have to tag on "this is a belief/ this is my opinion" to every statement for it to be implicitly understood to be such. Neither do I.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Clownboat
Savant

Post #15

Post by Clownboat »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:05 pm
Clownboat wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:20 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:26 pm Jehovah's Witnesses cannot legitimately be accused of "cherry picking" or ignoring Gods law, they simply apply it correctly.
Proverbs 16:18
King James Version
18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

We literally have 10's of thousands of denominations of Christianity. How haughty must one be to make such a prideful claim?

How is the statement prideful. If you (general "you") dont believe you are not doing something correctly you shouldn't be doing it. The evidence has been presented on numerous occassions to support our position. If you sjncerely believe Jehovah's Witnesses are doomed for destruction, then you have every right to say it.

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

RELIGIOUS TRUTH, THE TRUE RELIGION and ...JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
I didnt' say Jehovah's Witnesses are doomed for destruction. The fall claim comes from your holy book.
There are more than 45,000 denominations of Christianity.
"they (JW's) simply apply it correctly." - Is a prideful statement.

Be well.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #16

Clownboat wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:20 am
..."they (JW's) simply apply it correctly." - Is a prideful statement.

Be well.
No, it is not, you are wrong... but be well anyway.

JW

Tcg
Savant

Post #17

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:46 am

Be well.

JW
Whether or not it is prideful, it is flawed. There are no objective methods with which to interpret the Bible. Neither the JWs (ignoring the odd implications that they all belief the same) nor anyone else can claim to know they "simply apply it correctly." And yes, I know this will devolve into an issue that it is simply what they believe. Okay, then they (again pretending all JWs believe the same) can't provide any support for their belief. They can't explain why they believe that. And of course, in some instances, won't even attempt to.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Clownboat
Savant

Post #18

Post by Clownboat »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:46 am

Be well.

JW
The readers will decide for themselves if they think an idea like, "we above all others simply just apply it correctly" is prideful or not. Arrogant also comes to mind. I say this because none of the available gods or religions can be shown to be real, yet these sorts of claims still get uttered as if they were truthful. The truth is, we don't know if they are truthful and I find it prideful when people pretend to know what they don't. You probably would as well if it was an atheist making a claim like they were the only ones that could apply your holy book correctly.

Since you ignored it, I assume you acknowledge that I didn't say Jehovah's Witnesses are doomed for destruction and that the fall claim comes from your holy book.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #19

Clownboat wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:12 pm
The readers will decide for themselves ...
Of course, I would have it no other way.

Be well (again)

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

RELIGIOUS TRUTH, THE TRUE RELIGION and ...JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #20

Post by Purple Knight »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:05 pmHow is the statement prideful.
I agree. It's really not. If you thought you was wrong you wouldn't be that denomination.