YOU'RE FIRED!

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

YOU'RE FIRED!

Post #1

Post by Miles »

Joe Biden, now with 279 electoral votes and Trump with only 213 or 214 electoral votes (depends on whom your watching) is the clear President Elect of the U.S.A..

Trump received the news while golfing in Florida. (Where else would he be?)

Upon hearing of Biden's 279 electoral votes. . . .

“Frankly, we did win this election.” * "Yup." "You sure did your highness." "yes siree!"

"Shortly before his defeat by Joe Biden was called, and with the nation deeply divided, Donald Trump began his Saturday by tweeting inflammatory and unsubstantiated claims about voter fraud. Then he went to play golf.

The president, the White House pool reporter wrote, appeared for the motorcade to his course in Sterling, Virginia “wearing white Maga cap, windbreaker, dark slacks, non-dress shirt, shoes that look appropriate for golfing”.

Trump’s dedication to playing golf while in office has been a source of continuing controversy – particularly because he memorably and repeatedly lambasted his predecessor, Barack Obama, over how often he played the game."
source

And

"Trump Was Golfing When He Lost the Presidency"
Where were you when you found out the 2020 presidential election was called for Joe Biden? I was at home, blogging. My neighbors appear to have been “at the store, shopping for airhorns.” We know where President Trump was: at the golf course. According to the Associated Press, Trump left for his golf course in Virginia earlier this morning and hasn’t yet come back.

Thoughts and prayers for his caddie."
source

And Trump's response?

"Donald Trump is refusing to concede the presidential election to Joe Biden even after the Associated Press, and every US television news network, declared him the president-elect, saying the race is “far from over” and promising an intense legal fight.

“The simple fact is this election is far from over. Joe Biden has not been certified as the winner of any states, let alone any of the highly contested states headed for mandatory recounts, or states where our campaign has valid and legitimate legal challenges that could determine the ultimate victor,” the president said in a statement, released by his campaign.

“Beginning Monday, our campaign will start prosecuting our case in court to ensure election laws are fully upheld and the rightful winner is seated. The American people are entitled to an honest election: that means counting all legal ballots, and not counting any illegal ballots,” he said, continuing to claim there is widespread voter fraud but without evidence."
source

So, kind members, how do you think Trump will be handling his defeat in the coming months. Will he actually go ahead with an "intense legal fight"? Will he welcome the Bidens into the White House in January as is the custom? Will he even attend Biden's inauguration? Some TV pundits are doubtful.

*source

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Re: YOU'RE FIRED!

Post #231

Post by thomasdixon »

.,.,.,.,.,....,.,,vote.,,.,,.,,.,.,,.,.
.,.,.,.,.,....,.,,vote.,,.,,.,,.,.,,.,..,.,.,.,.,....,.,,vote.,,.,,.,,.,.,,.,..,.,.,.,.,....,.,,vote.,,.,,.,,.,.,,.,..,.,.,.,.,....,.,,vote.,,.,,.,,.,.,,.,..,.,.,.,.,....,.,,vote.,,.,,.,,.,.,,.,..,.,.,.,.,....,.,,vote.,,.,,.,,.,.,,.,..,.,.,.,.,....,.,,vote.,,.,,.,,.,.,,.,..,.,.,.,.,....,.,,vote.,,.,,.,,.,.,,.,..,.,.,.,.,....,.,,vote.,,.,,.,,.,.,,.,..,.,.,.,.,....,.,,vote.,,.,,.,,.,.,,.,.
(:-

Daedalus X
Apprentice

Post #232

Post by Daedalus X »

Tcg wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:58 am Heck, we'd have to conclude that Jackie was in on the scam and Governor Connally.
Why would we have to conclude that?
Tcg wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:22 pm Another reason I lean towards the idea of Oswald acting alone is that if he didn't, there would have to be perhaps hundreds in on the crime. To date none have stepped forward with verifiable evidence that they were. You'd think one or two on their deathbed would fess up. This is not of course absolute proof, but it certainly gives one pause to wonder about the silence.
A lot of Americans have a total case of cognitive dissonance about the JFK assassination and other events, especially, recent events surrounding DJT. So it is not hard to believe that there was a conspiracy, even if the person who made JFK's head explode, confessed to doing it, few people would believe him.

Deathbed confessions - check
Participants talking talking about the assassination - check
The person who fired the fatal shot, still alive, living in Illinois - check
Witnesses committing suicide before testifying - check
Witnesses dying in accidents before testifying - check
Witnesses being murdered before testifying - check
Tampering with evidence to implicate Oswald - check
Documents pointing to the innocence of Oswald - check

And Americans will bend over backwards to believe Oswald acted alone, because the implications of a coup d'état in Camelot will shatter their whole world view of our government. Truth be told we are and have been for a long time nothing more than a banana republic.

Tcg
Savant

Post #233

Post by Tcg »

Daedalus X wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:19 am
Tcg wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:58 am Heck, we'd have to conclude that Jackie was in on the scam and Governor Connally.
Why would we have to conclude that?
Oh, I don't know. Something about where they were sitting when that fake (according to you) Zapruder film was taken. Jackie picking up fake brain matter and Connaly faking gunshot wounds. What great actors they were.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Daedalus X
Apprentice

Post #234

Post by Daedalus X »

Tcg wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:20 pm Oh, I don't know. Something about where they were sitting when that fake (according to you) Zapruder film was taken. Jackie picking up fake brain matter and Connaly faking gunshot wounds. What great actors they were.
We are totally misunderstanding each other here and I will assume responsibility, since very often when I write something, I think my writing is communicating the ideas in my mind, since I do understand what is in my mind, but to someone who does not know what I am thinking the words may not convey my thoughts correctly. I can’t see my words through the eyes of someone who does not know what I am talking about, therefore I don't even know that my words are being misunderstood until I get a totally off the wall response.

That is why I have been told to explain things like I was talking to a six year old. If I don’t consciously do that, I have found that misunderstandings do happen. So let me edit the post that you misunderstood.
Daedalus X wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:19 pm The assassination of JFK by Lee Oswald never happened, so it would be impossible for the Zapruder film to show it. In fact the Zapruder film was altered to draw suspicion away from the secret conspiracy behind the assassination. Yes, the Zapruder film we have all seen is a fraud, it was altered.
The assassination of JFK by Lee Oswald never happened, yet the assassination of JFK by Lyndon B. Johnson probably did happen (LBJ did not actually fire the shots that killed JFK, but he was behind the plot to kill the president). So it would be impossible for the Zapruder film to show that Oswald did the shooting. In fact the Zapruder film was altered to draw suspicion away from the secret conspiracy behind the assassination. Yes, the Zapruder film we have all seen is a fraud, and I don’t mean fake as in whole cloth deepfake, but the film was altered to make it look like Oswald fired the shots that killed Kennedy.
If that clears things up any, I would suggest that you reread our conversation from the beginning to see if you can understand it this time. If anything does not make sense to you then I would encourage you ask questions, so that I can explain the part that you are finding difficult to understand, and I will try to say it in a way that reduces ambiguity.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #235

Post by AgnosticBoy »

There has been a lot of heated back and forth in this thread about election security.

My position has been that we should increase election security to make it as hard as possible to cheat. This security should be proactive, as in having it in place where we can, even if cheating has not occurred yet.

Some opposing arguments here, particularly from Koko (looks like username was changed to The Barbarian), is that we don't need any more security on top of what we already have. They say that cheating in elections rarely occurs. Look at this exchange as an example:
The Barbarian wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:35 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:24 pm The only evidence you've presented is instances where voter fraud is caught, but that doesn't tell me about how much isn't caught."
So the first step in dealing with a problem is showing that there's a problem. So far no one can show me that there is. We have enough laws for stuff that's demonstrably real, without adding some to handle problems that so far, can be only shown to exist in some people's imaginations.

Let's apply the response to my argument above to border security. The position would be that we don't need to make it harder to cross the border or we don't need extra border security. Consider this reporting from CNN:
CNN— The FBI is investigating more than a dozen migrants from Uzbekistan and other countries allowed into the US after they sought asylum at the southern border with Mexico earlier this year, a scramble set off when US intelligence officials found that the migrants traveled with the help of a smuggler with ties to ISIS, according to multiple US officials.

Though there is no evidence at this point to justify detaining anyone, the episode was so alarming that an urgent classified intelligence report was circulated to President Joe Biden’s top Cabinet officials in their morning briefing book. For some counterterrorism officials, it shows that the US is deeply vulnerable to the possibility that terrorists could sneak across the southern border by hiding amid the surge of migrants entering the country in search of asylum.
Now imagine someone saying that we don't need extra border security because we don't have terrorists coming across the border. It has never happened. The obvious problem with that thinking is that the door is wide open for it to happen, even if it hasn't happened. And all it takes is one time for a terrorist to sneak through and do something bad in the country. Then perhaps those against proactive security will wish they had been proactive instead of reacting after something happens.
- Proud forum owner ∣ The Agnostic Forum

- As a non-partisan, I like to be on the side of truth. - AB

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #236

Post by boatsnguitars »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:43 pm [Replying to Miles in post #1]

It seems that Biden won mostly off of mail in votes. A good number of these types of votes can be challenged so
I'll wait until the Trump's team investigation into election fraud is over before concluding that Biden won.

Mail-in voting and other areas lacking oversight creates an easy way to cheat but Trump bears the burden of proof to show that fraud has indeed happened.

For instance,
Policies vary widely state by state as well as on what is required to have a mail ballot counted; some states only require a voter's signature
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/86489917 ... ed-to-know

Nevermind going to polling places without an ID and still being allowed to vote.
Just pony up the evidence. That's all any one is asking. All the talk, court cases and stupid movies about mules hasn't produced an ounce of evidence.

And, not for nothing, that would include Trump trying to stuff ballot boxes, which hasn't been investigated.

Ergo, the election was not stolen.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #237

Post by The Barbarian »

So the first step in dealing with a problem is showing that there's a problem. So far no one can show me that there is. We have enough laws for stuff that's demonstrably real, without adding some to handle problems that so far, can be only shown to exist in some people's imaginations.
AgnosticBoy wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:00 am Let's apply the response to my argument above to border security.
No, let's focus on the issue at hand. Evidence is now required. What do you have?

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #238

Post by AgnosticBoy »

The Barbarian wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:34 pm So the first step in dealing with a problem is showing that there's a problem.
...OR you can also show that the door is open for problems to happen. It seems that you're not factoring in that security can also be proactive. You don't always have to wait for something to happen in order to act or guard against.

Just because terrorists have not come across the US Southern border doesn't mean that we can't be proactive to prevent that.

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #239

Post by The Barbarian »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:48 pm
The Barbarian wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:34 pm So the first step in dealing with a problem is showing that there's a problem.
...OR you can also show that the door is open for problems to happen.
Well, it's not like it never happens...

A team of Associated Press reporters spent months reviewing every possible voter fraud case in six battleground states disputed by former President Donald Trump, and they found "fewer than 475 — a number that would have made no difference in the 2020 presidential election," AP reports. The disputed ballots identified in more than 300 local election offices amounted to just 0.15 percent of President Biden's margin of victory in the six states: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

"The cases could not throw the outcome into question even if all the potentially fraudulent votes were for Biden, which they were not, and even if those ballots were actually counted, which in most cases they were not," AP reports. "The cases are bipartisan. Some of those charged with fraud are registered Republicans or told investigators they were supporters of Trump." In fact, every specific case written up in the AP report involved a Trump supporter voting twice or casing a ballot illegally.

Three apparent Trump supporters were recently arrested in Florida and charged with casting more than one vote, The Washington Post reports. The three residents of The Villages are charged with having voted in Florida and also another state — Michigan, New York, and an undisclosed state, the Post says, and they were arrested after the county elections supervisor ordered an investigation.

It seems that you're not factoring in that security can also be proactive. You don't always have to wait for something to happen in order to act or guard against.

Just because terrorists have not come across the US Southern border doesn't mean that we can't be proactive to prevent that.
Thought you knew...

Nearly 100 FBI terror watchlist suspects nabbed at southern border
October 25, 2022 03:00 AM Nearly 100 noncitizens on the FBI's terror watchlist were arrested attempting to sneak into the United States from Mexico over the past year

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... ern-border

FBI and other agencies have been ramping up attention for about 2 years. The public remains generally uninformed as to the extent of this:
Secretive CBP Counterterrorism Teams Interrogated 180,000 U.S. Citizens Over Two-Year Period
Records from an ongoing FOIA lawsuit shed new light on the operations of CBP’s Tactical Terrorism Response Teams.

https://theintercept.com/2021/09/04/cbp ... nse-teams/

As long as they don't violate the Constitution, I'm actually pretty comfortable that the public doesn't know the extent of this effort.

However, unless these guys are planning to enter the U.S. in order to vote, it doesn't have much relevance here, except that it's an example of how to address a significant problem that actually exists, (terrorists trying to illegally enter) as opposed to one that's practically nonexistent (illegal voting).

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #240

Post by AgnosticBoy »

The Barbarian wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:12 am
AgnosticBoy wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:48 pm Just because terrorists have not come across the US Southern border doesn't mean that we can't be proactive to prevent that.
Thought you knew...

Nearly 100 FBI terror watchlist suspects nabbed at southern border
October 25, 2022 03:00 AM Nearly 100 noncitizens on the FBI's terror watchlist were arrested attempting to sneak into the United States from Mexico over the past year

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... ern-border
For the record, I do agree that we should act when we see a problem. I also agree that terrorists have been caught sneaking across the Southern border. One remaining issue is proactive security since you have not acknowledged that it can be used in that way.

Do we wait for something to happen vs. having things in place even before it happens, like staying two steps ahead of evolving threats, or as a deterrence, as a preventative, etc. I say all of the above.

Do you agree that security can be used in a proactive way?

Say for instance, terrorists had never been caught sneaking across the border. Would it be wrong to have security in place to monitor for that eventhough it had never happened?