JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
onewithhim
Savant
Posts: 7571
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 168 times

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.


Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)



Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

kjw47
Apprentice
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #561

Post by kjw47 »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:53 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:44 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:13 pm"The righteous will inherit the earth and live on it forever." (Psalm 37:29)
Correct.

But they will no longer have natural physical bodies!!
Then what is the point in living on a physical Earth?? Persons with spirit bodies dwell in the spirit realm, not the physical one.


You have been mislead--Only the little flock are getting spirit bodies. The great crowd is staying on earth as mortals, but in a perfect state, never sick, diseased, not aging like now, never without. Gods plan has not changed, he created the earth for mortals to enjoy.

myth-one.com
Savant
Posts: 6363
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:16 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 66 times
Contact:

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #562

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:53 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:44 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:13 pm"The righteous will inherit the earth and live on it forever." (Psalm 37:29)
Correct.

But they will no longer have natural physical bodies!!
Then what is the point in living on a physical Earth?? Persons with spirit bodies dwell in the spirit realm, not the physical one.
Spirits cannot die, so they can live anywhere and everywhere.

The current ruler of the world is the devil, or Satan. And Satan is a spiritual being.

Luke 4:5-7
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.


After the Second Coming, Satan will be defeated, and the earth will once again become part of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Humans are being groomed to replace the angels who were assigned to care for and replenish the earth eternally after its original creation in Genesis 1:1. Some of those angels rebelled against God and warred in heaven under the command of Satan.

Those humans accepting Jesus as their Savior will be born again of the Spirit (God) as spirits and rule the earth forever and ever with their Savior. Those humans choosing not to accept Jesus will perish for all eternity, never to live again.

myth-one.com
Savant
Posts: 6363
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:16 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 66 times
Contact:

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #563

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:57 pm Gods plan has not changed, he created the earth for mortals to enjoy.
Mortals can enjoy the earth only until they die -- not forever.

Mortal humans were not even created in the original creation.

kjw47
Apprentice
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #564

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:34 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:57 pm Gods plan has not changed, he created the earth for mortals to enjoy.
Mortals can enjoy the earth only until they die -- not forever.

Mortal humans were not even created in the original creation.



They most assuredly were mortals. There was a tree of life which God hid from the world after the rebellion. It probably regenerated mortals so they could live forever.

myth-one.com
Savant
Posts: 6363
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:16 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 66 times
Contact:

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #565

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:30 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:34 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:57 pm Gods plan has not changed, he created the earth for mortals to enjoy.
Mortals can enjoy the earth only until they die -- not forever.

Mortal humans were not even created in the original creation.
They most assuredly were mortals. There was a tree of life which God hid from the world after the rebellion. It probably regenerated mortals so they could live forever.
Of course they were mortals. Yes, we agree on that. But they were not created in the original creation:

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

That is all that is described about the original creation of the heaven and earth.

Adam and Eve were not created until about 4.5 billion years later in the re-creation of the earth beginning in Genesis 1:3.

So mankind was Plan "B."

kjw47
Apprentice
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #566

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:26 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:30 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:34 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:57 pm Gods plan has not changed, he created the earth for mortals to enjoy.
Mortals can enjoy the earth only until they die -- not forever.

Mortal humans were not even created in the original creation.
They most assuredly were mortals. There was a tree of life which God hid from the world after the rebellion. It probably regenerated mortals so they could live forever.
Of course they were mortals. Yes, we agree on that. But they were not created in the original creation:

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

That is all that is described about the original creation of the heaven and earth.

Adam and Eve were not created until about 4.5 billion years later in the re-creation of the earth beginning in Genesis 1:3.

So mankind was Plan "B."

Imperfect scientists say 4.5 billion years-- But Gods word shows a 6 day creation and God rested on the 7th. And according to the bible 1000 years is as a day to God-- Thus more likely it took 6000 years for all creation to be done.
Gen 1:1 actually says-heavens= our atmosphere, outer space, Gods dwelling place all referred toas heaven in the bible in places.
Example-Elijah was taken to heaven in the chariot Godsent, But he went through our atmosphere to another part of the earth and retired-10 years after that chariot event Elijah wrote a letter to the king. 2Chron 21:12-15-- blind guides teach he went to Gods dwelling place, but the NT assures no man entered heaven from earth prior to Jesus- John 3:13

myth-one.com
Savant
Posts: 6363
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:16 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 66 times
Contact:

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #567

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote:Imperfect scientists say 4.5 billion years-- But Gods word shows a 6 day creation and God rested on the 7th. And according to the bible 1000 years is as a day to God-- Thus more likely it took 6000 years for all creation to be done.
Except that God specifically defined the Genesis re-creation days as one evening and one morning:

Genesis 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
kjw47 wrote:Gen 1:1 actually says-heavens= our atmosphere, outer space, Gods dwelling place all referred toas heaven in the bible in places.
Example-Elijah was taken to heaven in the chariot Godsent, But he went through our atmosphere to another part of the earth and retired-10 years after that chariot event Elijah wrote a letter to the king. 2Chron 21:12-15-- blind guides teach he went to Gods dwelling place, but the NT assures no man entered heaven from earth prior to Jesus- John 3:13
The heaven and the earth were created "very good" in verse 1.

And note that only the earth had become dark, empty, and void by verse 2:

Genesis 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

So the re-creation begun in verse 3 only details the re-creation of a decimated planet earth. That restoration of the earth to its very good condition was completed in 6 twenty-four hour days about 6,000 years ago.

What would logically be the first item to fix on a dark, empty, and void planet?

Genesis 1:3
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

User avatar
onewithhim
Savant
Posts: 7571
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #568

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:34 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:57 pm Gods plan has not changed, he created the earth for mortals to enjoy.
Mortals can enjoy the earth only until they die -- not forever.

Mortal humans were not even created in the original creation.


I haven't seen any Scripture that backs up your point of view.

User avatar
onewithhim
Savant
Posts: 7571
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #569

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:26 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:30 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:34 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:57 pm Gods plan has not changed, he created the earth for mortals to enjoy.
Mortals can enjoy the earth only until they die -- not forever.

Mortal humans were not even created in the original creation.
They most assuredly were mortals. There was a tree of life which God hid from the world after the rebellion. It probably regenerated mortals so they could live forever.
Of course they were mortals. Yes, we agree on that. But they were not created in the original creation:

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

That is all that is described about the original creation of the heaven and earth.

Adam and Eve were not created until about 4.5 billion years later in the re-creation of the earth beginning in Genesis 1:3.

So mankind was Plan "B."
No, the fact of the matter is that mankind was all of plan A. The earth was being prepared FOR mankind. It took 5 billion years for everything to be just right for mankind.

User avatar
onewithhim
Savant
Posts: 7571
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #570

Post by onewithhim »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:58 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:26 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:30 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:34 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:57 pm Gods plan has not changed, he created the earth for mortals to enjoy.
Mortals can enjoy the earth only until they die -- not forever.

Mortal humans were not even created in the original creation.
They most assuredly were mortals. There was a tree of life which God hid from the world after the rebellion. It probably regenerated mortals so they could live forever.
Of course they were mortals. Yes, we agree on that. But they were not created in the original creation:

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

That is all that is described about the original creation of the heaven and earth.

Adam and Eve were not created until about 4.5 billion years later in the re-creation of the earth beginning in Genesis 1:3.

So mankind was Plan "B."

Imperfect scientists say 4.5 billion years-- But Gods word shows a 6 day creation and God rested on the 7th. And according to the bible 1000 years is as a day to God-- Thus more likely it took 6000 years for all creation to be done.
Gen 1:1 actually says-heavens= our atmosphere, outer space, Gods dwelling place all referred toas heaven in the bible in places.
Example-Elijah was taken to heaven in the chariot Godsent, But he went through our atmosphere to another part of the earth and retired-10 years after that chariot event Elijah wrote a letter to the king. 2Chron 21:12-15-- blind guides teach he went to Gods dwelling place, but the NT assures no man entered heaven from earth prior to Jesus- John 3:13
I agree with you except where you say that the earth is 6,000 years old. JWs agree with Science that the earth is 5 billion years old. The "days" in Genesis are of undetermined length. They are NOT 24-hour days, nor are they thousand-year days. Genesis 2:4 even says that "this is a history of the heavens and the earth...in the DAY that Jehovah God made the earth and heaven." He made everything in one day? You see, It shows that "day" is of undetermined length.

Post Reply