JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #571

Post by kjw47 »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:49 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:26 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:30 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:34 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:57 pm Gods plan has not changed, he created the earth for mortals to enjoy.
Mortals can enjoy the earth only until they die -- not forever.

Mortal humans were not even created in the original creation.
They most assuredly were mortals. There was a tree of life which God hid from the world after the rebellion. It probably regenerated mortals so they could live forever.
Of course they were mortals. Yes, we agree on that. But they were not created in the original creation:

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

That is all that is described about the original creation of the heaven and earth.

Adam and Eve were not created until about 4.5 billion years later in the re-creation of the earth beginning in Genesis 1:3.

So mankind was Plan "B."
No, the fact of the matter is that mankind was all of plan A. The earth was being prepared FOR mankind. It took 5 billion years for everything to be just right for mankind.

The original creation lasted 6 days. God rested on the 7th. Scientists have confirmed, their carbon dating method is full of ----.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #572

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:38 pm The original creation lasted 6 days. God rested on the 7th. Scientists have confirmed, their carbon dating method is full of ----.

That is the original creation. Where does it state how long that creation required?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #573

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:10 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:38 pm The original creation lasted 6 days. God rested on the 7th. Scientists have confirmed, their carbon dating method is full of ----.

That is the original creation. Where does it state how long that creation required?

That was the first step of creation, and its heavens not heaven.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #574

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:31 pm

That's not what is said at all!

God created the heaven and the earth.

Not: God created the first step of the heaven and the earth.

You're arguing with God again.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #575

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:41 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:31 pm

That's not what is said at all!

God created the heaven and the earth.

Not: God created the first step of the heaven and the earth.

You're arguing with God again.

You just arent open to any agreement. The bible said it would be like that in these last days--todays world= 2Timothy 3-- Step by step God created everything.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #576

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:30 pm You just arent open to any agreement.
I agree with the scriptures.

Genesis 1
1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

So God created the heaven and the earth in verse 1.

And His creation was without form, and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep in verse 2.

Gee, is that an earth prepared and designed for mankind??
kjw47 wrote:You just arent open to any agreement. The bible said it would be like that in these last days--todays world= 2Timothy 3-- Step by step God created everything.
No, the Bible states that in the end times, knowledge shall increase:

Daniel 12:4
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Isaiah 29:18
And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

The earth was not originally created for mankind. Mankind needs light, form, air, food, fresh water, etc.

Without form, void, and dark won't work for the existence of mankind.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #577

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:09 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:30 pm You just arent open to any agreement.
I agree with the scriptures.

Genesis 1
1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

So God created the heaven and the earth in verse 1.

And His creation was without form, and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep in verse 2.

Gee, is that an earth prepared and designed for mankind??
kjw47 wrote:You just arent open to any agreement. The bible said it would be like that in these last days--todays world= 2Timothy 3-- Step by step God created everything.
No, the Bible states that in the end times, knowledge shall increase:

Daniel 12:4
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Isaiah 29:18
And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

The earth was not originally created for mankind. Mankind needs light, form, air, food, fresh water, etc.

Without form, void, and dark won't work for the existence of mankind.

Genesis shares-step by step creation process.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #578

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 pmGenesis shares-step by step creation process.
No, Genesis describes a step-by-step re-creation of an earth that was originally created in Genesis 1:1 and described in Genesis 1:2 as formless, void, and dark !

Did the earth become without form, void, and dark?

Or did God create it that way in the beginning?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #579

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:39 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 pmGenesis shares-step by step creation process.
No, Genesis describes a step-by-step re-creation of an earth that was originally created in Genesis 1:1 and described in Genesis 1:2 as formless, void, and dark !

It was precise use of science and math and Gods power

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #580

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:07 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:39 pm

It was precise use of science and math and Gods power
So God used "science and math and Gods power" to create an earth which was without form, void, and dark?

Why would He create it unlivable for mankind?

Please explain.