Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Scientific thinking and common sense

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

I have noticed that sometimes people with a scientific mind, people who have studied a lot and know a lot of information about different sciences, do not notice simple things that do not escape the attention of ordinary people, even if they have studied less or almost nothing.

For example, the fact that the animals that evolutionists call "lower" in the evolutionary scale still live alongside humans, and that others supposedly fitter, because they are located in a higher position in the evolutionary line of man, no longer exist.

Evolutionary theory holds that as animals progressed up the evolutionary scale, they became more capable of surviving. Why, then, is the “inferior” ape family still in existence, but not a single one of the presumed intermediate forms, which were supposed to be more advanced in evolution? Today we see chimpanzees, gorillas and orangutans, but no “ape-men.” Does it seem likely that every one of the more recent and supposedly more advanced “links” between apelike creatures and modern man should have become extinct, but not the lower apes? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101985017

To what extent do you think the "wisdom" of this system of things can cloud a person's mind?

Clownboat
Savant

Re: Scientific thinking and common sense

Post #211

Post by Clownboat »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:40 pm The prophecys in the bible show its true. Revelation has most of it. Few can understand it.
Here is a sad part of the prophecy-Revelation 16--With 3 inspired expressions from satans side( hitting mortals in their hearts like 3 9/11,s at once) 99% on earth will be mislead for patriotism to stand in opposition to Jesus at Armageddon. It says--Every kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) on earth will be mislead--Rev 19 is the result. Not a pretty picture for those.
Gone With the Wind, Page 56:
Of course there would be no war and the men knew it. They just love to talk and to hear themselves talk.

If quotes from a book are an authority, well here we go...

kjw47's posts remind me of a Muslim on a street corner standing on a soap box yelling unevidence proclamations at people. "Allahu Akbar!!!"
"They just love to talk and to hear themselves talk."
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #212

Post by kjw47 »

brunumb wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:18 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:40 pm The prophecys in the bible show its true. Revelation has most of it. Few can understand it.
Here is a sad part of the prophecy-Revelation 16--With 3 inspired expressions from satans side( hitting mortals in their hearts like 3 9/11,s at once) 99% on earth will be mislead for patriotism to stand in opposition to Jesus at Armageddon. It says--Every kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) on earth will be mislead--Rev 19 is the result. Not a pretty picture for those.

“What would you here, unhappy mortal, and for what cause have you left your own land to enter this, which is forbidden to such as you? Can you show reason why my power should not be laid on you in heavy punishment for your insolence and folly?”

:P
J.R.R. Tolkien - The Silmarillion

Does that mean you have no clue to future prophecy?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #213

Post by kjw47 »

Clownboat wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:22 pm
Of course there would be no war and the men knew it. They just love to talk and to hear themselves talk.

kjw47's posts remind me of a Muslim on a street corner standing on a soap box yelling unevidence proclamations at people. "Allahu Akbar!!!"

That must mean you never read Rev 16 since you have no clue. The evidence is there. But this thread is about science and common sense. I never found the two go hand in hand very often.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #214

Post by JoeyKnothead »

kjw47 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:00 pm That must mean you never read Rev 16 since you have no clue.
What, by way of confirmable evidence, can you present in support of your contention/s here?

If I told you there really was a woman who lived in a cupboard, would you take my word as truth?
The evidence is there.
What evidence?
But this thread is about science and common sense. I never found the two go hand in hand very often.
That's cause science doesn't rely on "common sense", but on verifiable evidence.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #215

Post by JoeyKnothead »

kjw47 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:57 pm Does that mean you have no clue to future prophecy?
I'm wondering what clue you have to it.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Clownboat
Savant

Post #216

Post by Clownboat »

kjw47 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:00 pm

That must mean you never read Rev 16 since you have no clue. The evidence is there. But this thread is about science and common sense. I never found the two go hand in hand very often.
I have read the holy book known as the Bible. From cover to cover in fact. So you would have a hard time being more wrong. You also seem to be suffering from the false impression that holy books are evidence here in debate. They are not, yet that is all you have.

Enjoy your Allahu Akbar'ing! Perhaps it will get you some virgins in paradise?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #217

Post by kjw47 »

Clownboat wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:28 pm
kjw47 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:00 pm

I have read the holy book known as the Bible. From cover to cover in fact. So you would have a hard time being more wrong. You also seem to be suffering from the false impression that holy books are evidence here in debate. They are not, yet that is all you have.

Enjoy your Allahu Akbar'ing! Perhaps it will get you some virgins in paradise?

Many have read the bible, Few can understand it. If one isnt taught by Jesus' real teachers, they remain in darkness. There are about 34,000 religions claiming to be christian, all claim to have holy spirit, Its not the holy spirit causing all the confusion of such division, its the lack of it in reality. Jesus started 1 religion, there is 1 truth, thus no need but for 1religion-1Cor 1:10--a true mark--unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division. YHWH(Jehovah) is the only true God.= The Abrahamic God.

brunumb
Savant

Post #218

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 pm Many have read the bible, Few can understand it. If one isnt taught by Jesus' real teachers, they remain in darkness. There are about 34,000 religions claiming to be christian, all claim to have holy spirit.....
So say them all, yourself included, yet none of you can demonstrate that you have any truth at all. Same song, different singers.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Miles
Savant

Post #219

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 pm
Many have read the bible, Few can understand it. If one isnt taught by Jesus' real teachers, they remain in darkness.
Okay, where can I find one of these "Jesus' real teachers," and how do I know he isn't some "Jesus' real teachers con man"?

There are about 34,000 religions claiming to be christian, all claim to have holy spirit, Its not the holy spirit causing all the confusion of such division, its the lack of it in reality. Jesus started 1 religion, there is 1 truth, thus no need but for 1religion-1Cor 1:10--a true mark--unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division. YHWH(Jehovah) is the only true God.= The Abrahamic God.
So why do you think god let Christianity get so out of hand that it splintered into more than 45,000 denominations globally, evidently leaving millions of followers open prey to Satan? Does god not care about his worshipers; just letting them fall by the wayside? That's certainly what it looks like as you've presented it here.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #220

Post by kjw47 »

brunumb wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:37 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 pm Many have read the bible, Few can understand it. If one isnt taught by Jesus' real teachers, they remain in darkness. There are about 34,000 religions claiming to be christian, all claim to have holy spirit.....
So say them all, yourself included, yet none of you can demonstrate that you have any truth at all. Same song, different singers.

My religion is way different than all the others. My teachers listen to Jesus. The teachings of Jesus back my teachers all the way. That means his teachings do not back the others.