Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Scientific thinking and common sense

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

I have noticed that sometimes people with a scientific mind, people who have studied a lot and know a lot of information about different sciences, do not notice simple things that do not escape the attention of ordinary people, even if they have studied less or almost nothing.

For example, the fact that the animals that evolutionists call "lower" in the evolutionary scale still live alongside humans, and that others supposedly fitter, because they are located in a higher position in the evolutionary line of man, no longer exist.

Evolutionary theory holds that as animals progressed up the evolutionary scale, they became more capable of surviving. Why, then, is the “inferior” ape family still in existence, but not a single one of the presumed intermediate forms, which were supposed to be more advanced in evolution? Today we see chimpanzees, gorillas and orangutans, but no “ape-men.” Does it seem likely that every one of the more recent and supposedly more advanced “links” between apelike creatures and modern man should have become extinct, but not the lower apes? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101985017

To what extent do you think the "wisdom" of this system of things can cloud a person's mind?

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: Scientific thinking and common sense

Post #221

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:55 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 pm
Many have read the bible, Few can understand it. If one isnt taught by Jesus' real teachers, they remain in darkness.
Okay, where can I find one of these "Jesus' real teachers," and how do I know he isn't some "Jesus' real teachers con man"?

There are about 34,000 religions claiming to be christian, all claim to have holy spirit, Its not the holy spirit causing all the confusion of such division, its the lack of it in reality. Jesus started 1 religion, there is 1 truth, thus no need but for 1religion-1Cor 1:10--a true mark--unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division. YHWH(Jehovah) is the only true God.= The Abrahamic God.
So why do you think god let Christianity get so out of hand that it splintered into more than 45,000 denominations globally, evidently leaving millions of followers open prey to Satan? Does god not care about his worshipers; just letting them fall by the wayside? That's certainly what it looks like as you've presented it here.

It was foretold-the son of destruction( peredition) 2Thess 2:3)= the great apostasy would raise up prior to Jesus religion coming back. That was the religion that came out of Rome and her 33,998 branches. There is no division in Gods one true religion-1Cor 1:10

brunumb
Savant

Post #222

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:21 pm
brunumb wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:37 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 pm Many have read the bible, Few can understand it. If one isnt taught by Jesus' real teachers, they remain in darkness. There are about 34,000 religions claiming to be christian, all claim to have holy spirit.....
So say them all, yourself included, yet none of you can demonstrate that you have any truth at all. Same song, different singers.

My religion is way different than all the others. My teachers listen to Jesus. The teachings of Jesus back my teachers all the way. That means his teachings do not back the others.
They ALL make the same claim. That's why they all exist. You are just one more voice to add to the noise. You have provided nothing to demonstrate the validity of your claims. It appears that all you are here to do is preach. Without any justification, why should anyone give a hoot about your preaching?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Miles
Savant

Post #223

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 pm Many have read the bible, Few can understand it. If one isnt taught by Jesus' real teachers, they remain in darkness. There are about 34,000 religions claiming to be christian, all claim to have holy spirit.....
So say them all, yourself included, yet none of you can demonstrate that you have any truth at all. Same song, different singers.

My religion is way different than all the others.
Care to tells us what your religion is called?

My teachers listen to Jesus.
Even when Jesus refuses to condemn slavery, but accepts it?

The teachings of Jesus back my teachers all the way.
So your teachers are fine with people owning other people as property?

That means his teachings do not back the others.
Why can't others adopt some of the same teachings of Jesus that you accept? I ask because I don't believe any of them are copyrighted.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #224

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:46 pm

My religion is way different than all the others.
Care to tells us what your religion is called?

My teachers listen to Jesus.
Even when Jesus refuses to condemn slavery, but accepts it?

The teachings of Jesus back my teachers all the way.
So your teachers are fine with people owning other people as property?

That means his teachings do not back the others.
Why can't others adopt some of the same teachings of Jesus that you accept? I ask because I don't believe any of them are copyrighted.

No its you twisting reality. Back in those days, even now most likely, slavery is a reality, accomplished by hard hearted people. Jesus was only telling the slaves do your best for your master, then that master would have no call to beat or whip that one. The bible as well teaches--A live dog is better than a dead lion. Meaning if one is a slave, do your best for God for the most part. If one didnt have a choice. It was better to stay alive, because there was always a hope to get out of that situation.

brunumb
Savant

Post #225

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:50 pm No its you twisting reality. Back in those days, even now most likely, slavery is a reality, accomplished by hard hearted people.
So was theft and murder, but that didn't stop Jehovah/Yahweh/God declaring THOU SHALT NOT when it comes to them and a bunch of other less serious transgressions. But thou shalt not own other human beings as property doesn't get a look in despite being a heinous practice. Thanks for nothing God!
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #226

Post by JoeyKnothead »

My religion is way different than all the others. My teachers listen to Jesus. The teachings of Jesus back my teachers all the way. That means his teachings do not back the others.
Jesus speaks to me directly, and says you don't know what you're talking about.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Clownboat
Savant

Post #227

Post by Clownboat »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 pm Many have read the bible, Few can understand it.
The Bible is not hard to understand. I seems to be for you from your words, but then you project this on to others. You shouldn't do that. Reading comprehension varies from person to person, but the Bible is not hard to understand.
If one isnt taught by Jesus' real teachers, they remain in darkness.
False, the kingdom of heaven is within us afterall. Again, a person struggling to comprehend the Bible would likely look to pastors, preist or theologians to help them understand it, so I understand your motive.
There are about 34,000 religions claiming to be christian, all claim to have holy spirit, Its not the holy spirit causing all the confusion of such division, its the lack of it in reality.
I agree that there is no magical holy spirit causing confusion. If you think there is some magical holy spirit interceding with humans in any way shape or form, please provide evidence for this. We also shouldn't blame Santa Clause by the way.
Jesus started 1 religion,
Jesus was a Jew. You can't just pretend that Judaism wasn't his religion.
there is 1 truth, thus no need but for 1religion-1Cor 1:10--a true mark--unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division. YHWH(Jehovah) is the only true God.= The Abrahamic God.
Louder this time! Allahu Akbar!!!

It seems as though you are here to bolster your own faith and not to debate. I hope I'm wrong and that you will begin to offer evidence for your claims.
If you had a holy spirit interceding, I think it would show in your posts, but alas....
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #228

Post by kjw47 »

brunumb wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:20 am
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:50 pm No its you twisting reality. Back in those days, even now most likely, slavery is a reality, accomplished by hard hearted people.
So was theft and murder, but that didn't stop Jehovah/Yahweh/God declaring THOU SHALT NOT when it comes to them and a bunch of other less serious transgressions. But thou shalt not own other human beings as property doesn't get a look in despite being a heinous practice. Thanks for nothing God!
Its not Gods fault. Mortals chose to know both good and bad, its their fault. Any who has love in their heart for God would never make another a slave. Because the bible says--If you dont love your brother who you can see then its impossible to love God whom you cannot see. People who owned slaves were far removed from God.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #229

Post by kjw47 »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:24 am
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 pm Many have read the bible, Few can understand it.
The Bible is not hard to understand. I seems to be for you from your words, but then you project this on to others. You shouldn't do that. Reading comprehension varies from person to person, but the Bible is not hard to understand.
If one isnt taught by Jesus' real teachers, they remain in darkness.
False, the kingdom of heaven is within us afterall. Again, a person struggling to comprehend the Bible would likely look to pastors, preist or theologians to help them understand it, so I understand your motive.
There are about 34,000 religions claiming to be christian, all claim to have holy spirit, Its not the holy spirit causing all the confusion of such division, its the lack of it in reality.
I agree that there is no magical holy spirit causing confusion. If you think there is some magical holy spirit interceding with humans in any way shape or form, please provide evidence for this. We also shouldn't blame Santa Clause by the way.
Jesus started 1 religion,
Jesus was a Jew. You can't just pretend that Judaism wasn't his religion.
there is 1 truth, thus no need but for 1religion-1Cor 1:10--a true mark--unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division. YHWH(Jehovah) is the only true God.= The Abrahamic God.
Louder this time! Allahu Akbar!!!

It seems as though you are here to bolster your own faith and not to debate. I hope I'm wrong and that you will begin to offer evidence for your claims.
If you had a holy spirit interceding, I think it would show in your posts, but alas....

Ok if its so easy to understand please explain the prophecy from Daniel that points to Revelation 6--And please share with us all --who or what is the 7 headed beast with 10 horns and the 2 horned beast of Revelation 13.
Yes Jesuswas Jewish, but then he told them off at Matt 23 and in verse38 assured them they were cut off of being Gods chosen, unless they did verse 39, they have outright refused for over 1950 years. The pharisees saw the new religion begin-Acts 24:5--The renting of the banner in two at the moment Jesus died signified they were cut off of being Gods chosen.

brunumb
Savant

Post #230

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:33 pm
brunumb wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:20 am
Its not Gods fault. Mortals chose to know both good and bad, its their fault. Any who has love in their heart for God would never make another a slave. Because the bible says--If you dont love your brother who you can see then its impossible to love God whom you cannot see. People who owned slaves were far removed from God.
You missed the point. God said don't murder. God said don't steal. He even said don't worship other gods. He didn't say that we must not own others as property. That is a failing on his part, not on ours.