Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #111

Post by Brightfame52 »

Jesus is God also and why !

For He must be both God and man in One Glorious Being, for was He not a Man, then His finished work of obedience to the Law and Justice of God could not be imputed to men, and if He were not God, His Finished work could not be worthy of God and satisfy the infinite Justice of an infinite Being such as God is. God in the person of His Son came into this world[as a Man] to do what it took to save sinners from His Infinite Justice, for sinners He Loved Matt 1:21-23

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

To deny this of God, is to Limit God. Yes to say God could not have become a Man to accomplish His Redemptive Purpose, and Yet remain God, is to Limit His Ability and Power, as it is written Mk 10:27

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

DB
Student

Post #112

Post by DB »

Brightfame52 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:18 am Jesus is God also and why !

For He must be both God and man in One Glorious Being, for was He not a Man, then His finished work of obedience to the Law and Justice of God could not be imputed to men, and if He were not God, His Finished work could not be worthy of God and satisfy the infinite Justice of an infinite Being such as God is. God in the person of His Son came into this world[as a Man] to do what it took to save sinners from His Infinite Justice, for sinners He Loved Matt 1:21-23

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

To deny this of God, is to Limit God. Yes to say God could not have become a Man to accomplish His Redemptive Purpose, and Yet remain God, is to Limit His Ability and Power, as it is written Mk 10:27

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
You have it all wrong BF52 - you trinitarians continue to speak such deranged nonsense, and act as though you actually said something intelligent or viable.
What in the world does it mean that Jesus' manhood was able to complete the required 'work of obedience to the Law and justice of God', and yet, it still required God to intervene in order to satisfy the 'infinite justice of God'? What exactly is the infinite justice of God, and how does it apply to God's demand of obedience for man?
God is the Legislator and Judge, He does not pay the penalty of the criminal in order to exact any kind of justice. If the blood of bulls & goats were sufficient during Yom Kippur, and all other sin & guilt offerings, were able to absolve all the sins of the Israelites at any given point in time, then what necessity or justice is there in God sacrificing Himself (to Himself: absurd).
Romans 5 extensively speaks of the requirement of a man to placate God's wrath, and absolutely no where in the Bible does it state what you have asserted to be the significance or necessary logistics of the Atonement - a sacrificial god-man.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #113

Post by Brightfame52 »

DB wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:17 pm
Brightfame52 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:18 am Jesus is God also and why !

You have it all wrong BF52 - you trinitarians continue to speak such deranged nonsense, and act as though you actually said something intelligent or viable.
What in the world does it mean that Jesus' manhood was able to complete the required 'work of obedience to the Law and justice of God', and yet, it still required God to intervene in order to satisfy the 'infinite justice of God'? What exactly is the infinite justice of God, and how does it apply to God's demand of obedience for man?
God is the Legislator and Judge, He does not pay the penalty of the criminal in order to exact any kind of justice. If the blood of bulls & goats were sufficient during Yom Kippur, and all other sin & guilt offerings, were able to absolve all the sins of the Israelites at any given point in time, then what necessity or justice is there in God sacrificing Himself (to Himself: absurd).
Romans 5 extensively speaks of the requirement of a man to placate God's wrath, and absolutely no where in the Bible does it state what you have asserted to be the significance or necessary logistics of the Atonement - a sacrificial god-man.
I gave you my reasons why Jesus must be both God and Man, you dont accept it, and feel that Im wrong, thats fine.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #114

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:52 am I gave you my reasons why Jesus must be both God and Man, you dont accept it, and feel that Im wrong, thats fine.
I accept the biblical definition that Jesus was a man:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

A "man and God" is not a man!

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #115

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:56 am
Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:52 am I gave you my reasons why Jesus must be both God and Man, you dont accept it, and feel that Im wrong, thats fine.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

I have explaied to you as well why Jesus is both God and Man 1 Tim 2:5 speaks of Him of Man of course, the Mediator. I have been presenting scriptures that present Him as God !

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #116

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:33 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:56 am

I have explaied to you as well why Jesus is both God and Man 1 Tim 2:5 speaks of Him of Man of course, the Mediator. I have been presenting scriptures that present Him as God !

Can you provide one reason why Jesus needs to also be God?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #117

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #116]

That shows me you havent been paying attention to a thing I have posted. I have given you that reason/s several times, not going to make a special effort for you now, If you get on a debate board and debate and dont pay attention to the opponent, why be here ? All you doing is asking the same questions over and over and never satisfied with others answers and reasons.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #118

Post by Brightfame52 »

He is the King of Glory !

Ps 24:7-10

7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.

9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

10 Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Jesus is God because He is the King of Glory, Notice here Vs 10

10 Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

The Lord of Hosts ! We know there is only One Lord of Hosts and lets read Isa 6:1-3

1In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Now its interesting in this blessed vision Isaiah sees the Lord sitting on a Throne, which denotes a King, and in this vs 3 the Person sitting upon the Throne is Identified as the Lord of Hosts as in Ps 24:10, and it says that the whole Earth is full of His Glory, again this harmonizes with what is stated in Ps 24:10

Now who exactly is the Lord of Hosts in Isaiah 6:3 ? Lets read the scripture in Jn 12:37-41

37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:

38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Now here John inspired by the Spirit is identifying the One Isaiah saw in Isa 6:3 as the Lord Jesus Christ who performed miracles amongst the jews and they believed not on Him ! When Isaiah spoke of His Glory; So Jesus Christ is the Lord of Hosts, the King of Glory.

In Isa 6:1, Isaish said The King was High and Lifted Up Isa 6:1

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

That word lifted up is the hebrew nasa' and means:

Exalted to be lifted up, be exalted. Hence the Lord Jesus Christ after His Death we know was exalted to Highest Glory per Phil 2:8-9

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

However, this Exalted state of Glory Christ had before His Incarnation Per Jn 17:5

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Thats who Isaiah saw in Isaiah 6:1-3 as the exalted Lord of Hosts, King of Glory as Per Ps 24:7-10 ! 34

To deny this scripture testimony of the Deity of Jesus Christ is simply unbelief !

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #119

Post by Brightfame52 »

If Christ is not God !

If the Lord Jesus Christ was not also God, as a Man, we face a serious difficulty in realizing His suitableness to vicariously substitute in the place of perhaps millions of others who were indebted to God's Infinite Law, for none but an Infinite Person as God, who is exalted over all Law, and who personally owes no obedience to God as all creatures do, could qualify. All other created beings do owe a debt of their own personal obedience to God, and so would not qualify to perform obedience in the place and stead of a number of men that no man can number, satisfying for them all , all of God's Infinite Law and Justice !34

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #120

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:19 am If Christ is not God !

If the Lord Jesus Christ was not also God, as a Man, we face a serious difficulty in realizing His suitableness to vicariously substitute in the place of perhaps millions of others who were indebted to God's Infinite Law, for none but an Infinite Person as God, who is exalted over all Law, and who personally owes no obedience to God as all creatures do, could qualify. All other created beings do owe a debt of their own personal obedience to God, and so would not qualify to perform obedience in the place and stead of a number of men that no man can number, satisfying for them all , all of God's Infinite Law and Justice !34
Jesus Christ did not "vicariously substitute in the place" of anyone.

Jesus Christ lived a sinless human life under the Old Testament Covenant between God and the children of Israel.

Consequently, He became the only human to qualify for inheriting everlasting life under that covenant.

But He will not accept His inheritance, but offer it to any other human who believes in Him as their Savior from the wages of their sins:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

<============================================>

Believers will be born again of the Spirit (God) as spirits at the Second Coming and enter the Kingdom of God. We will be equal unto the angels:

Luke 20:36
Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Notice that Christians become "children of the resurrection." That is, they are born at the resurrection. They were born once before in their existence, their physical birth. Since Christians are born a second time as a spiritual being at the resurrection, they are born again! It is an actual, real experience, not simply some emotional occurrence experienced during your physical life on earth. What does the Bible state we must become to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?

Matthew 18:3
Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

We are born of the Spirit as spiritual, immortal bodies, as opposed to our present physical, mortal bodies. We are new spirits, and thus spiritual "children." This blessed birth occurs at the resurrection, thus we are children of the resurrection. We are little children also in that we start with a clean slate. We are sinless, just as we were when first born as a human. Like Jesus, God's only Son, we will have become the children of God. The family will have become much larger.

However, that event is in our future if we are Christians. There are no Christians anywhere, dead or alive, who are presently born again Christians. You cannot be born again until Jesus returns! If you believe in Jesus Christ your name is written in the book of life as an inheritor of eternal life under terms of the New Testament. Those terms are believing in Jesus as your Savior. Those who believe in Jesus will receive everlasting life as an inheritance under the New Testament:

Colossians 3:24
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

The New Testament will be probated upon the Second Coming of Christ at the resurrection:

Revelation 22:12
And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me...

Believers will gain the gift of God through Jesus Christ when born again of the Spirit as everlasting spiritual bodied beings at the Second Coming.

There will be no one "dying in our place" or atonement for any of our sins!

God will accept us as we are in our new everlasting spiritual bodies.