JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #581

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:48 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:07 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:39 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 pmGenesis shares-step by step creation process.
No, Genesis describes a step-by-step re-creation of an earth that was originally created in Genesis 1:1 and described in Genesis 1:2 as formless, void, and dark !

Did the earth become without form, void, and dark?

Or did God create it that way in the beginning?
It was precise use of science and math and Gods power
So God used "science and math and Gods power" to create an earth which was without form, void, and dark?

Why would He create it unlivable for mankind?

Please explain.

Obviously that was the steps needed to create a habital earth for mortals. God just doesnt snap his fingers and walla a earth.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #582

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:29 pm God just doesnt snap his fingers and walla a earth.
So that everyone can understand from this point forward, please explain how God creates things.

Especially the part where He apparently created the earth as formless, void, and dark.

What is your explanation for Genesis 1:2?

Was it a bad snap?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #583

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:38 pm
kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:29 pm God just doesnt snap his fingers and walla a earth.
So that everyone can understand from this point forward, please explain how God creates things.

Especially the part where He apparently created the earth as formless, void, and dark.

Was it a bad snap?

God uses precise science and math and power to create. You act as if God didnt know what he was doing. Its the opposite, he always does things correct. Little mortal thinking cannot comprehend that.

Miles
Savant

Post #584

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:48 pm

Was it a bad snap?

God uses precise science and math and power to create. You act as if God didnt know what he was doing. Its the opposite, he always does things correct. Little mortal thinking cannot comprehend that.
Well, god did make several mistakes. However, weak-kneed Christian admissions usually relegates them to the back of the closet, if not blacking out the Bible verses altogether.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #585

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:55 pm

Was it a bad snap?

Well, god did make several mistakes. However, weak-kneed Christian admissions usually relegates them to the back of the closet, if not blacking out the Bible verses altogether.

God made no mistakes, what are you talking about?

Miles
Savant

Post #586

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:13 pm

Was it a bad snap?

TO NOTE: When someone repents, regrets, or is sorry or remorseful for what he has done, such a feeling (doing) indicates a mistake has been made: It was a mistake to have done what they did.----A person does not repent, regret, etc. for things that were done right (non-mistakes).

Genesis 6:6

ICB
The Lord was sorry he had made human beings on the earth. His heart was filled with pain.

KJV
And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

ESV
And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

1 Samuel 15:35

CEV
Even though Samuel felt sad about Saul, Samuel never saw him again. The Lord was sorry he had made Saul the king of Israel.

KJ21
And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death. Nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul; and the Lord repented that He had made Saul king over Israel.

CEB
Samuel never saw Saul again before he died, but he grieved over Saul. However, the Lord regretted making Saul king over Israel.

Jeremiah 42:10

GNV
If ye will dwell in this land, then I will build you, and not destroy you, and I will plant you, and not root you out: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you.

ISV
‘If you will just remain in this land, I’ll build you up and not pull you down. I’ll plant you and not uproot you, for I’m sorry about the disaster I’ve brought on you.

NCB
“ ‘If you resolve to remain in this land, I will build you up and not tear you down; I will plant you and not uproot you. For I deeply regret the disaster that I have inflicted upon you.

Exodus 32:14

KJV
And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

ERV
14 So the Lord felt sorry for the people. He did not do what he said he might do—he did not destroy them.

YLT
and Jehovah repenteth of the evil which He hath spoken of doing to His people.

Plus several more.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #587

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote:You act as if God didn't know what he was doing. Its the opposite, he always does things correct. Little mortal thinking cannot comprehend that.
God knows what He was doing, and He always created things the perfect way, But you do not seem to understand the first two verses of the Bible.

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:48 pm God uses precise science and math and power to create.
You're claiming that God used science and math and power to create the earth which He described as without form, and void; and dark, and everything about that creation and the condition of the earth He created was correct.

Can you make an attempt to defend your claim against what the first two verses of the Bible state.

Or do you want to stick with your "mortal thinking cannot comprehend it"?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #588

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:47 pm
kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:13 pm

Was it a bad snap?

TO NOTE: When someone repents, regrets, or is sorry or remorseful for what he has done, such a feeling (doing) indicates a mistake has been made: It was a mistake to have done what they did.----A person does not repent, regret, etc. for things that were done right (non-mistakes).

Genesis 6:6

ICB
The Lord was sorry he had made human beings on the earth. His heart was filled with pain.

KJV
And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

ESV
And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

1 Samuel 15:35

CEV
Even though Samuel felt sad about Saul, Samuel never saw him again. The Lord was sorry he had made Saul the king of Israel.

KJ21
And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death. Nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul; and the Lord repented that He had made Saul king over Israel.

CEB
Samuel never saw Saul again before he died, but he grieved over Saul. However, the Lord regretted making Saul king over Israel.

Jeremiah 42:10

GNV
If ye will dwell in this land, then I will build you, and not destroy you, and I will plant you, and not root you out: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you.

ISV
‘If you will just remain in this land, I’ll build you up and not pull you down. I’ll plant you and not uproot you, for I’m sorry about the disaster I’ve brought on you.

NCB
“ ‘If you resolve to remain in this land, I will build you up and not tear you down; I will plant you and not uproot you. For I deeply regret the disaster that I have inflicted upon you.

Exodus 32:14

KJV
And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

ERV
14 So the Lord felt sorry for the people. He did not do what he said he might do—he did not destroy them.

YLT
and Jehovah repenteth of the evil which He hath spoken of doing to His people.

Plus several more.

It didnt say it was a mistake to make man.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #589

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:51 pm
kjw47 wrote:You act as if God didn't know what he was doing. Its the opposite, he always does things correct. Little mortal thinking cannot comprehend that.
God knows what He was doing, and He always created things the perfect way, But you do not seem to understand the first two verses of the Bible.

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:48 pm God uses precise science and math and power to create.
You're claiming that God used science and math and power to create the earth which He described as without form, and void; and dark, and everything about that creation and the condition of the earth He created was correct.

Can you make an attempt to defend your claim against what the first two verses of the Bible state.

Or do you want to stick with your "mortal thinking cannot comprehend it"?

It obviously took -STEPS- to create earth in perfection, to be inhabitable. That is what you arent understanding. The final product is what counted.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #590

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:10 pm It obviously took -STEPS- to create earth in perfection, to be inhabitable. That is what you arent understanding. The final product is what counted.
Jesus is working on the final product now! He is bringing the place He is preparing for us when He returns to the earth:

John 14:2-3
I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Revelation 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Under man's rule and rebellion against God, the earth will once again reach a state of great tribulation:

Matthew 24:21-22
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Due to the same reason, sinning by rebelling against God, the good earth as originally created in Genesis 1:1 had reached a state of no form, void, and darkness in the second verse of Genesis chapter one!

The step-by-step creation of only the earth begun in Genesis 1:3 is actually a re-creation of a decimated earth caused by earthly angels abandoning their earthly estate:

Jude 1:6
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

After God originally created the heavens and earth in the beginning, He did not abandon it to its own fate. He placed a caretaker and a host of subordinates to care for the earth. That caretaker was given dominion over the earth. So who was this caretaker? It was the archangel Lucifer who became known as the devil or Satan after his rebellion. How does one know that Lucifer was the earthly caretaker? In the book of Luke, when Satan tempted Jesus for forty days in the desert, Satan offered Jesus power over all the kingdoms of the earth:

Luke 4:5-7
And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Notice that Jesus did not question the devil's authority to give him power over the earth. He knew that Satan did indeed have control over the earth and could give or share this power with whomever he pleased. Jesus' immediate response was:

Luke 4:8
Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Once God makes a covenant, or testament, or promise, He always keeps it. Satan was given rule over the earth. Although he rebelled against his creator, God did not and will not violate the agreement. Satan was given rule over the world and a ruler must be defeated and overthrown! This is one of the reasons Jesus is coming to the earth, to defeat Satan.

So the ruler of the earth is Satan, and he decided sometime between the first two verses of the Bible to rebel against God.

The ultimate results of his rebellion and rule are the conditions of chaos described on the earth in verse two.

God created the heaven and the earth as very good originally in Genesis 1:1.

Between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 the earth became void, empty, and dark over time due to the caretakers rebellion against God and abandonment of the earth.

Genesis 1: (New International Version)
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.