Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

POI
Prodigy

Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Post #1

Post by POI »

Seems there exists an unresolved topic amongst Christians... Seems as though the way to salvation is not unified among the many in which I engage. I'd wager they all have a case to support their position(s).?.?

For debate: How does one get to Heaven? What is God's criteria for His selection process? Is it by grace alone, belief/faith alone, works alone; or it is a combination of the three? Or is it maybe other? Please, not only present your case, but please also explain why the other asserted methods are incorrect.
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Post #171

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:31 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 pm
POI wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:07 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:43 pm
POI wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:31 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:14 pm
POI wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:20 pm Seems there exists an unresolved topic amongst Christians... Seems as though the way to salvation is not unified among the many in which I engage. I'd wager they all have a case to support their position(s).?.?

For debate: How does one get to Heaven? What is God's criteria for His selection process? Is it by grace alone, belief/faith alone, works alone; or it is a combination of the three? Or is it maybe other? Please, not only present your case, but please also explain why the other asserted methods are incorrect.
1) Only the little flock( Luke 12:32) is promised heaven-they are numbered=144,000( Rev 14:3) these are the anointed= the bride of Christ, to rule as kings and priests on thrones alongside Jesus( Rev 1:6,, Rev 20:6)
The great crowd no man can number( Rev 7:9) gets this promise from Jesus= Matt 5:5- Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.

2) Jesus was clear at Matthew 7:21--Those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( be saved)--He summed that will up in a single teaching--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT years of studying to learn and apply every utterance. Few bother. One fact that goes with that is--The real teachers on earth that have Jesus, make 100% sure the flock does exactly that, without fail. So all can look at their teachers right now and see if they have Jesus.
My teachers do it like this--Each week a bible reading is given-example Genesis 1-3 chapters, sometimes 2 chapters if they are long, the next week-Genesis 4-6, etc,etc,etc, it never stops. Then that week at the meeting the ones taking the lead discuss the major points all need to know, then my teachers ask the flock--what did you appreciate from this weeks reading--That way all get all the finer points from different perspectives. That is the only way teachers can be sure the flock is learning every utterance correctly.
Is your answer D)?

A) unconditional grace --> all are saved
B) conditional grace --> by the topic of (faith/belief)
C) conditional grace --> by the topic of (works)
D) B & C
E) No one receives salvation, because no one is worthy

If you opt for an option F), please clarify? And please make sure it would not actually involve the categories/topics of B) and C).
I showed you what Jesus teaches on the matter and who are actually his. Works builds a strong living faith that will endure under pressures--Faith without works is dead James taught. So Faith and works go hand in hand. All sin that is why it is grace, none deserve to enter Gods kingdom. God hates all sin. Sin = worship to satan. Those who practice sin have 0 chance-Matt 7:22-23--one who works iniquity= practices a sin.
No, you really didn't. Be prepared for a whole jar of pickles.

-- The deceased unborn, deceased infants, deceased toddlers, the severely brain damaged, etc., would not perform any of the works you have listed; which would be deemed acceptable or necessary by god. Thus, are they automatically not saved? Or, do they get a free pass? A) or D)?

--- If 'faith without works is dead", then many have NO chance. And not because they had any choice in the matter. Answer D)?

--- This is why I ask about "conditional grace". All will "sin", even you. You will 'sin', up until the point of your natural death. This will happen, regardless of your devotion. Answer A)?

--- If NONE deserve "to enter the Kingdom", then the answer is E)?

--- Since ALL practice sin, because all are sinners, then the answer is E)?
God is merciful, he will take all things into consideration concerning like those you mentioned.
Not all practice sin. Especially these 2 unacceptable lists-1Cor 6:9-11,, Gal 5:19-21--The Greek word for spiritism = Pharmacia-thus drug addiction is apart of spiritism. Both spots teach--Will not enter Gods kingdom if one practices one of those sins. The sadness of reality = along with those 2 lists and all the false God worship on earth= 99%.
So what is the answer? Sounds like the the standard is not the same for everyone? Is it?

A) unconditional grace --> for some?.?.?.?
B) conditional grace --> by the topic of (faith/belief)
C) conditional grace --> by the topic of (works)
D) B & C
E) No one receives salvation, because no one is worthy

If you opt for an option F), please clarify? And please make sure it would not actually involve the categories/topics of B) and C).

D

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #172

Post by kjw47 »

brunumb wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:25 am
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 pm God is merciful, he will take all things into consideration concerning like those you mentioned.
So, no rules. God just decides depending on his mood at the time. Got it.

Stop twisting things. Do you hate God or what? Only because you have no understanding. Most mortals have their full facilties. God gave us all his written word. All who care about Eternal life in his kingdom, read that written word until they know what God accepts and what he doesnt accept. To start, learning and applying all that Jesus taught is best because his teachings clearly show who is who. I have attended different religions claiming to be christian, 99% of them arent in reality. The teachings of Jesus point all to his religion.

POI
Prodigy

Post #173

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:27 pm D
I believe you missed my last response. Based upon your given answer(s), thus far, there is no standard. It looks as though His standard changes, from person to person. If D) IS your final answer, then millions, or even billions, may be left behind, outside of their freewill or control.

Maybe this is what you meant by telling me 99% don't make it? Meaning, maybe God excludes many, where they had no chance or choice? Please re-evaluate post 167, just for starters, and try again.

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

POI
Prodigy

Post #174

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:38 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 pm God is merciful, he will take all things into consideration concerning like those you mentioned.

Stop twisting things. Do you hate God or what? Only because you have no understanding. Most mortals have their full facilties. God gave us all his written word. All who care about Eternal life in his kingdom, read that written word until they know what God accepts and what he doesnt accept. To start, learning and applying all that Jesus taught is best because his teachings clearly show who is who. I have attended different religions claiming to be christian, 99% of them arent in reality. The teachings of Jesus point all to his religion.
I have to ask... Do you understand what the term atheist even means? I'm responding to what you stated in red. Would you make such statements to someone who does not believe in Thor?

Further, it looks to be (you), which lacks understanding. You can start by adding clarity to post 173.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #175

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:29 pm
I believe you missed my last response. Based upon your given answer(s), thus far, there is no standard. It looks as though His standard changes, from person to person. If D) IS your final answer, then millions, or even billions, may be left behind, outside of their freewill or control.

Maybe this is what you meant by telling me 99% don't make it? Meaning, maybe God excludes many, where they had no chance or choice? Please re-evaluate post 167, just for starters, and try again.

They all have a chance, Instead of listening to Jesus real teachings, most get their ears tickled with-You are saved and they believe it. The man that told them that does not know who is saved. Usually they are the religions demanding a tithe, even though we arent under that written Law anymore. Jesus wants from the heart. Another cant tell anothers heart they have to tithe. I say-Run from those teachers and learn what Jesus actually teaches.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #176

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:35 pm
kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:38 pm

I have to ask... Do you understand what the term atheist even means? I'm responding to what you stated in red. Would you make such statements to someone who does not believe in Thor?

Further, it looks to be (you), which lacks understanding. You can start by adding clarity to post 173.

Athiests are those who lack understanding and have let their desperate, treacherous heart( Jeremiah 17:9) let them reason falsely. Little do they know that satan owns them.

POI
Prodigy

Post #177

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:17 pm

They all have a chance, Instead of listening to Jesus real teachings, most get their ears tickled with-You are saved and they believe it. The man that told them that does not know who is saved. Usually they are the religions demanding a tithe, even though we arent under that written Law anymore. Jesus wants from the heart. Another cant tell anothers heart they have to tithe. I say-Run from those teachers and learn what Jesus actually teaches.
How does an aborted fetus get any chance?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #178

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:36 pm

In the resurrection, The bible says God knows you before the kidneys are formed.

POI
Prodigy

Post #179

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:19 pm Athiests are those who lack understanding and have let their desperate, treacherous heart( Jeremiah 17:9) let them reason falsely. Little do they know that satan owns them.
Okay, my turn... Nuh uh. Your lack in understanding, and/or also your desperation/denial, is what keeps you from acknowledging the one true god Shiva! You see, I can blankly assert stuff too. Maybe if you read into the one true doctrine a little more, and understood what I do, you would no longer live in darkness.

POI
Prodigy

Post #180

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:41 pm
POI wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:36 pm

In the resurrection, The bible says God knows you before the kidneys are formed.
So the answer is not D) then?.?.?.?