Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Savant

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #121

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:19 am If Christ is not God !

If the Lord Jesus Christ was not also God, as a Man, we face a serious difficulty in realizing His suitableness to vicariously substitute in the place of perhaps millions of others who were indebted to God's Infinite Law, for none but an Infinite Person as God, who is exalted over all Law, and who personally owes no obedience to God as all creatures do, could qualify. All other created beings do owe a debt of their own personal obedience to God, and so would not qualify to perform obedience in the place and stead of a number of men that no man can number, satisfying for them all , all of God's Infinite Law and Justice !34
Why is that not said in the Bible?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #122

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to 1213 in post #121]

Its there, but its Spiritually discerned.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #123

Post by myth-one.com »

1213 wrote:Why is that not said in the Bible?
Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:14 am [Replying to 1213 in post #121]
Its there, but its Spiritually discerned.
Here's a wild and crazy idea.

Why doesn't Brightfame52 spiritually discern and interpret it for everybody and give the associated scripture references.

Perhaps that's why God gave Brightfame52 such incredible powers to understand the spiritual world.

What say ye or thee?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #124

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #123]

Are you saying I havent given scripture for the reasons I know Jesus is God ?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #125

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:35 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #123]

Are you saying I havent given scripture for the reasons I know Jesus is God ?
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

If you have provided any verse stating that "Jesus is God" I missed it.

You claim that scriptures supporting your claims are in the Bible but they are "Spiritually discerned."

I guess there is no reason for you to quote scriptures "supporting" your claims to those who are not "Spiritually discerned," as they would not understand them anyway.

For whatever reason, you have not convinced me that Jesus is God.

The phrase "Jesus is God" contradicts 1 Timothy 2:5.

So I'm having to choose between what God says versus what Brightfame52 claims.

As for me, I'll stick with God.

Jesus was a man.

A fictional "God/man" is just that -- fiction.

Jesus was a man for a purpose. If He was God also, He could not fulfill that purpose.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #126

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #125]

You not even paying attention !

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #127

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:33 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #125]

The Bible states that Jesus was a man.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

You say Jesus was God.

Quote one verse which proves that Jesus was God.

Here's your chance.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #128

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:04 am
Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:33 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #125]

You say Jesus was God.

Here's your chance.
Been through that, you not paying attention !

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #129

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:27 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:04 am

You say Jesus was God.

Here's your chance.
Been through that, you not paying attention !

Who's not paying attention?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #130

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #129]

You not paying attention, its obvious !