Moderator: Moderators

somo
Apprentice

who is this man?

Post #1

Post by somo »

Christ did not see the New Testament and did not establish any church
But he came to complete the Old Testament

TestamentChurches violate the commandments of Christ in their teachings, and the images, crosses, and idols that are inside Churches

many Jews and Christians misinterpret the teachings in Bible and continue to lead the sheep to slaughter. However if interpreted correctly and properly understood, in current Bible God does forbid drunkenness, immortality, usury, gambling, eating pork, worshiping man, and forbids considering Jesus as God which would break first and second Commandments, Quran confirms this.

The doctrine of Christ was a pure monotheism, and then it began to infiltrate into it from various beliefs - especially the pagan beliefs in the Roman world - which dyed it with the Trinity, so the common traditional Christianity became the Christianity of the Trinity.

But there is still today an important and powerful sect among the famous Christian denominations; It is the sect of "the Unitarians", and it has become a phenomenon today in the United States, and the saying of the Christian Unitarians is summed up in: "There is no god but allah - Christ is the Messenger of God

God sent the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, with the Qur’an to correct previous books such as the Old and New Testaments

Christ is just a prophet

everyone that was alive when Jesus walked considered him a Prophet.

And the crowds were saying, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee.” (Matthew 21:11)

The woman *said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.(John 4:19)

When they sought to seize Him, they feared the people, because they considered Him to be a prophet. (Matthew 21:46)

So they *said to the blind man again, “What do you say about Him, since He opened your eyes?” And he said, “He is a prophet.” (John 9:17)
(interesting footnote, even those he gave vision to considered him a prophet)

And He said to them, “What things?” And they said to Him, “The things about Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word in the sight of God and all the people, (Luke 24:19)

العالم الكبير شمسي يكشف ويفضح مؤامره ونفاق المدلسين

هل بشارة سفر التثنية 18-18 عن يسوع أم محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم؟

1/2 نظرية داروين صارت ديناً | صبور أحمد في حوار مع ملحد

2/2 نظرية داروين صارت ديناً | صبور أحمد في حوار مع ملحد

somo
Apprentice

Re: who is this man?

Post #21

Post by somo »

Why is there an increasing trend of converts to Islam worldwide?

How, why and when did you convert to Islam?

I converted to Islam last year's summer.

I decided to become religious because I had frightening questions about the afterlife…but the problem was, which religion?

It all started thanks (yeah, thanks!) to the so called “critiques of Islam". They would go on and on saying that the Qur'an is evil, Muhammad was a warmonger etc, etc.

Now, I like to consider myself an intellectually honest person so I visited both anti-islamic and Islamic sites. The Islamic sites used very basic knowledge to completely debunk anti-islamic arguments which left me impressed, to say the least.

(I am 100% Italian btw, but I've never really found Christianity appealing. Islam on the other had a natural fashion.)

I bought and read a translated Qur'an, in which there were useful notes with historical context and studies done on certain statements of the Qur'an.

That's how I got to know more about the purest form of islam and it's scientific, historical and mathematical miracles.

That really left me wondering, how could a man from 1400 years ago know such things?! Things like “it's the female bee that makes honey” and much, much more. (I suggest you to look into these things deeper)

I started looking for errors, and I obviously found countless claims by anti-islamic sites (such as wikiislam)… but they didn't really penetrate into my heart and most of the times were lacking of solid arguments ( the rest of the times the Arabic words they used as “proof for errors” had many more meanings that changed between translation and translation, so it didn't really make sense either). I looked more into the life of the prophet pbuh (to be sure I looked both into reliable Muslim AND non-muslim sources) and found out many heartwarming things, which the islamophobes would call “propaganda” or “taqqiya”, words of which they don't know the real meaning… especially if said by a non-muslim!

I integrated that knowledge with studies done by respectable figures such as Dying to win by Robert Pape (I suggest you to look into that as well)

I decided then to convert.

Wasn't it for “islamophobia” I would have never been a Muslim today.

And I pray God to let me die as a believing and practicing muslim, inshallah.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-there-an-i ... -worldwide

Why Jesus said: I am the way and the truth and the life

ثلاثة مسلمين إنجليز يُقنعون شاباً لاعتناق الإسلام

الشيخ عثمان ابن فاروق ومسيحي مهتم بالإسلام

شمسي مع شاب ملحد محترم - نظرية التطور وكشف أسرار داروين Speaker's corner

الدكتور اسف يشرح الاسلام الأمريكية فتنطق الشهادة

somo
Apprentice

Post #22

Post by somo »

prinka32
Do you know which "God is greater than all the other gods"? -2 Chronicles 2:5.

I am happy to reply to your message

1-

The Prophets of the Old Testament such as Abraham, Noah and Jonah never preached that God is part of a Trinity, and did not believe in Jesus as their saviour. Their message was simple: there is one God and He alone deserves your worship. It doesn’t make sense that God sent Prophets for thousands of years with the same essential message, and then all of a sudden he says he is in a Trinity and that you must believe in Jesus to be saved.

The truth is that Jesus preached the same message that the Prophets in the Old Testament preached. There is a passage in the Bible which really emphasizes his core message. A man came to Jesus and asked “Which is the first commandment of all?”Jesus answered, “The first of all the commandments is Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.’’[Mark 12:28-29]. So the greatest commandment, the most important belief according to Jesus is that God is one. If Jesus was God he would have said ‘I am God, worship me’, but he didn’t. He merely repeated a verse from the Old Testament confirming that God is One.

Some people claim that Jesus came to die for the sins of the world. But consider the following statement of Jesus: This is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you sent. I have glorified you on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.[John 17:3-4].

Also Jesus said “salvation is of the Jews” [John 4:22]. So according to this we don’t need to believe in the Trinity or that Jesus died for our sins to attain salvation since the Jews don’t have these beliefs.
5. The Early Christians

Historically there were many sects in early Christianity who had a range of beliefs regarding Jesus[1]. Some believed Jesus was God, others believed Jesus was not God but partly divine, and yet others believed he was a human being and nothing more. Trinitarian Christianity which is the belief that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one in three persons became the dominant sect of Christianity, once it was formalized as the state religion of the Roman Empire in the 4th Century. Christians who denied Jesus being God were persecuted by the Roman Authorities[2]. From this point onwards the Trinitarian belief became widespread amongst Christians. There were various movements in early Christianity which denied the Trinity, among the more well known of them is Adoptionism and Arianism.

Dr Jerald Dirks who is an expert on early Christianity had this to say on the subject: Early Christianity was quite conflicted about the issue of the nature of Jesus. The various Adoptionist positions within early Christianity were numerous and at times dominate. One can even speculate that Arian and Nestorian Christianity might well be an extremely sizable source within Christianity today, if it were not for the fact that these two branches of Christianity, which were located primarily in the middle east and in North Africa were so similar to the Islamic teaching regarding the nature of Jesus that they quite naturally were absorbed into Islam at the beginning of the seventh century.”[3]

Since there were so many sects in early Christianity, each with different beliefs about Jesus and with their own versions of the Bible, which one can we say was following the true teachings of Jesus?

It doesn’t make sense that God sends countless Prophets like Noah, Abraham and Moses to tell people to believe in one God, and then suddenly sends a radically different message of the Trinity which contradicts his previous Prophets teachings. It is clear that the sect of Christianity who believed Jesus to be a human Prophet and nothing more, were following the true teachings of Jesus. This is because their concept of God is the same as that which was taught by the Prophets in the Old Testament.
Jesus in Islam

The Islamic belief about Jesus demystifies for us who the real Jesus was. Jesus in Islam was an extraordinary individual, chosen by God as a Prophet and sent to the Jewish people. He never preached that he himself was God or the actual son of God. He was miraculously born without a father, and he performed many amazing miracles such as healing the blind and the lepers and raising the dead – all by God’s permission. Muslims believe that Jesus will return before the day of Judgement to bring justice and peace to the world. This Islamic belief about Jesus is similar to the belief of some of the early Christians. In the Quran, God addresses the Christians about Jesus in the following way:

O People of the Book, do not commit excesses in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers and do not speak of a ‘Trinity’– stop [this], that is better for you– God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. [4:171]

Islam is not just another religion. It is the same message preached by Moses, Jesus and Abraham. Islam literally means ‘submission to God’ and it teaches us to have a direct relationship with God. It reminds us that since God created us, no one should be worshipped except God alone. It also teaches that God is nothing like a human being or like anything that we can imagine. The concept of God is summarized in the Quran as:

“Say, He is God, the One. God, the Absolute. He does not give birth, nor was He born, and there is nothing like Him.” (Quran 112:1-4)[4]

Becoming a Muslim is not turning your back to Jesus. Rather it’s going back to the original teachings of Jesus and obeying him.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

2-

16 I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.
2 Chronicles 7:16

It is clear and understandable that the unlimited God is impossible to limit or circumscribe anywhere.

God does not bind himself in the templeBecause Christ indicated the place of God in heaven

In fact, the Bible states that God has a specific dwelling place, which is the heavens.

A prayer for King Solomon in which he says:

“43 then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Do whatever the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as do your own people Israel, and may know that this house I have built bears your Name.
1 Kings 8:43

When Jesus Christ taught his disciples how to pray,
'Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.
Matthew 6:9

After Christ’s resurrection, he ascended “to heaven itself, now to appear before God,” the Bible states.—Hebrews 9:24.

24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence.

The story of the Temple is just lies, written by the scribes of the "Bible",
They attributed this fabricated story to God.

This is for the benefit of the Jews for their occupation of Jerusalem

Considering that their king will not be completed except by the return of that alleged temple.

There is no reliable source that proves that Solomon, peace be upon him, built this temple

And also
Why did the Holy Quran not speak of the Temple? If he is of such sanctity and majesty that the Jews mention?!
Last edited by somo on Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

somo
Apprentice

Post #23

Post by somo »

Muhammad ibn (son of) Abdullah ibn (son of) Abdul Mutalib, was born on 12 Rabi 'Awwal in the year 570 C.E. (Christian Era) in Makkah, (today: Saudi Arabia) and he died in 633 C.E. in Yathrib (today: Madinah, Saudi Arabia)

In Arabic the word prophet (nabi) is derived from the word naba which means news. Thus we deduce that a prophet spreads the news of God and His message, they are in a sense God’s ambassadors on earth. Their mission is to convey the message to worship One God. This includes, calling the people to God, explaining the message, bringing glad tidings or warnings and directing the affairs of the nation. All the prophets were anxious to convey God’s message sincerely and completely and this included the last prophet, Muhammad. During his final sermon Prophet Muhammad asked the congregation three times whether he had delivered the message, and called on God to witness their answer, which was a resounding “yes!”.

As well as the essence of their call to One God, another accepted sign of the truth of the prophets is how they live their lives. The accounts of Prophet Muhammad’s life that we have inherited from our righteous predecessors illustrate that Muhammad’s Prophethood was guided by God from the very beginning. Long before, Prophethood Muhammad was being prepared to guide humankind to the straight path and his life experiences stood him in good stead for such a weighty mission. Then at the age of 40 when Prophethood was bestowed upon him, God continued to support and affirm his mission. Any account of Muhammad’s life is filled with examples of his exemplary character; he was merciful, compassionate, truthful, brave, and generous, while striving solely for the rewards of the Hereafter. The way Prophet Muhammad dealt with his companions, acquaintances, enemies, animals and even inanimate objects left no doubt that he was ever mindful of God.

Muhammad’s birth was accompanied by many so called miraculous events and the talk of the extraordinary events no doubt functioned as signs of Prophethood,

Special but not unique circumstances surrounded childhood of Prophet Muhammad and these undoubtedly had a bearing on his character. By the time he was eight years old he had suffered through the death of both his parents and his beloved grandfather Abdul Muttalib. He was left in the care of his uncle and great supporter Abu Talib. Thus even as a young boy he had already suffered great emotional and physical upheaval. Both the many chroniclers of Muhammad’s life and the Quran acknowledge his disrupted life.

Did He not find you (O Muhammad) an orphan and gave you a refuge? (Quran 93:6)

Muhammad’s uncle Abu Talib was poor and struggled to keep his family fed, thus during his adolescence Muhammad worked as a shepherd. From this occupation he learned to embrace solitude and developed characteristics such as patience, cautiousness, care, leadership and an ability to sense danger. Shepherding was an occupation that all the prophets of God we know of had in common. ‘…The companions asked, “Were you a shepherd?” He replied, “There was no prophet who was not a shepherd.”’[1]

In his teens Muhammad sometimes travelled with Abu Talib, accompanying caravans to trade centres. On at least one occasion, he is said to have travelled as far north as Syria. Older merchants recognized his character and nicknamed him Al-Amin, the one you can trust. Even in his youth he was known as truthful and trustworthy. One story that is accepted by most Islamic scholars and historians is the account of one of Prophet Muhammad’s trips to Syria.

The story goes that the monk Bahira foretold the coming Prophethood and counselled Abu Talib to “guard his nephew carefully”. According to biographer Ibn Ishaq, as the caravan in which Prophet Muhammad was travelling approached the edge of town, Bahira could see a cloud that appeared to be shading and following a young man. When the caravan halted under the shadow of some trees, Bahira “looked at the cloud when it over-shadowed the tree, and its branches were bending and drooping over the apostle of God until he was in the shadow beneath it.” After Bahira witnessed this he observed Muhammad closely and asked him many questions concerning a number of Christian prophecies he had read and heard about.

The young Muhammad was distinguished among his people for his modesty, virtuous behaviour and graceful manners, thus it was no surprise for his companions to see him, even as a youth many years before Prophethood, shun superstitious practices and keep away from drinking alcohol, eating meat slaughtered on stone altars or attending idolatrous festivals. By the time he reached adulthood Muhammad was thought of as the most reliable and trustworthy member of the Meccan community. Even those who concerned themselves with petty tribal squabbles acknowledged Muhammad’s honesty and integrity.

Muhammad’s virtues and good moral character was established from a young age, and God continued to support and guide him. When he was 40 years old Muhammad was given the means to change the world, the means to benefit the whole of humanity

THE SEAL OF ALL THE PROPHETS MUHAMMAD PBUH - Muhammad Abdul Jabbar
\

The greatest man to ever walk the earth - YouTube

خبير عربي مزيف يدّعي أن القرآن باللغة السيريانية وليس بالعربية فتم فضح جهله

1_2 مسلم يعلم صه.يونياً - عدنان رشيد في حوار مع جوزيف

2_2 مسلم يعلم صه.يونياً - عدنان رشيد في حوار مع جوزيف

somo
Apprentice

Post #24

Post by somo »

صدمت! شيخ أردني وحاخامات يهود في مقابلة ممتعة - ركن المتحدثين

العشوائية أم المصمم الذكي؟ - حمزة وعباس في حوار مع ملحد

الله أكبر!! سيدة إنجليزية تنطق بالشهادة بعد أن اكتشفت أنها مسلمة ولا تعرف

الكتاب المقدس يحمل الكتاب المقدس حتى يحمله من الكتاب المقدس

التشويش على الدعوة - منصور في حوار مع ملحدة

somo
Apprentice

Post #25

Post by somo »

The miracles of Christ in his time, only
God gave the miracles to Christ

like healing people

But now Christ does not heal nor save anyone

Just personal experiences that don't matter

Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’’

Matthew 7.

"And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE, the ONLY true God and Jesus Christ whom THOU hast sent", I HEARD, YOU are the ONLY TRUE God and I am HIS messenger!!! THIS was the mission of Jesus on this earth, to call HIS people to the worship of the ONLY true God and to show HIS people that THEIR God sent him with wonders, signs and miracles to prove that he was indeed sent as a messenger TO them!!! This has been the way of the Creator, to send MEN with signs and wonders as their bona fides, to prove who they are, so that the people believe!

see here
P1 - I Can Heal You! Hashim & Healing Christian | Speakers Corner | Hyde Park

P2 - I Can Heal You! Hashim & Healing Christian | Speakers Corner | Hyde Park

somo
Apprentice

Post #26

Post by somo »

Someone told me
Thanks for sharing info, I know what your point is. I am just throwing my opinion.
One can’t just compare Jesus with current day Christians. One need to understand the dominant race in Christianity and their background, how they accepted this religion and how it impacted their daily lives.
Jesus was a Prophet, like Abraham, Moses and Muhammed peace be upon them.
The Christians of today's days are product of Roman Empire’s conveniently adoption of Jesus’ religion in 3rd century.
The Europeans had a mixed and scattered culture for thousands of years, with pagan beliefs and other fairy tales dominating the landscape.

With the advent of Christianity in Europe, the locals adopted the religion very quickly, as it did not confronted with their life styles and culture.
Under Constantine who imported (officially) the religion in Europe, Romans ensured that the new religion is in full compliance to their culture and rituals.
For example, during the counsel of Nicaea several aspects of belief systems were standardized before masses (of Europe, non-Semitics, Caucasians) can have a hold onto different version of Bible or common daily life practices of Orthodox Jews. The East Bazentine, new Roman Empire to the central Europe and pockets of other areas in North were mainly pagan at that time. So sculptures, divine figures, certain celebrations, festivities were part of their social life. Moral values were as good as any other region of that time (The middle-east that had Jewish population and influence on others were considered very conservatives, so you can imagine what was going on in Europe), drinking and pork eating was normal and commonly practiced.

So the importer of the new religion made sure that standards set by Bible for Isrealites must not collide with the relaxed (no restrictions) attitude of Europeans towards religion. They customized the religion to best suite the new tenants that eventually became the torch bearer of Christianity within few centuries. The original followers and preachers fell in the background and eventually forgotten. The religion totally changed and took new course where the founder died for the sins, giving followers clean chit to do whatever they do, keep His sculpture in Church, follow the re-branded customs of pagans with renewed stories linked to Jesus for every celebration and festivals, drink and eat pork as before and create excuses (from Jesus’ life) for everything that they do against the Ten Commandments.

شاب ألماني ينطق بالشهادة ويرجع للإسلام بعد أن تركه بسبب إيمانه بالتطور

نصيحة مهمة من عثمان بن فاروق مع ثلاثة تائبين من التشيع

مبشر جاء للتبشير بالمسيحية فاعتنق الإسلام

somo
Apprentice

Post #27

Post by somo »

The idea of Jesus dying on the cross is central to the Christian belief. It represents the conviction that Jesus died for the sins of mankind. The crucifixion of Jesus is a vital doctrine in Christianity; however Muslims reject it completely. Before describing what Muslims believe about Jesus’ crucifixion, it may be useful to understand the Islamic reaction to the notion of original sin.
When Adam and Eve ate from the forbidden tree in paradise, they were not tempted by a serpent. It was Satan who deceived and cajoled them, whereupon they exercised their free will and made an error in judgement. Eve does not bear the burden of this mistake alone. Together, Adam and Eve realised their disobedience, felt remorse and begged for God’s forgiveness. God, in his infinite mercy and wisdom, forgave them. Islam has no concept of original sin; each person bears responsibility for his own deeds.

“And no bearer of burdens shall bear another’s burden”. (Quran 35:1
There is no need for God, a son of God, or even a Prophet of God to sacrifice himself for mankind’s sins in order to buy forgiveness. Islam refuses this view entirely. The foundation of Islam rests on knowing with certainty that nothing should we worshipped but God alone. Forgiveness emanates from the One True God; so, when a person seeks forgiveness, he must turn to God submissively with true remorse and beg forgiveness, promising not to repeat the sin. Then and only then will sins be forgiven.
In the light of Islam’s understanding of original sin and forgiveness, we can see that Islam teaches that Jesus did not come to atone for the sins of mankind; rather, his purpose was to reaffirm the message of the Prophets before him.
“.. None has the right to be worshipped but God, the One and the Only True God…” (Quran 3:62)
Muslims do not believe in the crucifixion of Jesus, nor do they believe that he died.

The Crucifixion
Jesus’ message was rejected by most of the Israelites as well as the Roman authorities. Those who believed formed a small band of followers around him, known as the disciples. The Israelites plotted and conspired against Jesus and formulated a plan to have him assassinated. He was to be executed in public, in a particularly gruesome manner, well known in the Roman Empire: crucifixion.
Crucifixion was considered a shameful way to die, and “citizens” of the Roman Empire were exempt from this punishment. It was designed to not only prolong the agony of death, but to mutilate the body. The Israelites planned this humiliating death for their Messiah – Jesus, the messenger of God. God in his infinite mercy prevented this abominable event by putting the resemblance of Jesus on somebody else and elevating Jesus alive, body and soul, to heaven. The Quran is silent about the exact details of just who this person was, but we know and believe with certainty that it was not Prophet Jesus.

Muslims believe that the Quran and the authentic narrations of Prophet Muhammad contain all the knowledge mankind needs in order to worship and live according to God’s commandments. Therefore, if small details are not explained, it is because God in His infinite wisdom has judged these details to be of no benefit to us. The Quran explains, in God’s own words, the conspiracy against Jesus and His plan to outwit the Israelites and raise Jesus to heaven.
“And they plotted to kill Jesus and God planned too. And God is the Best of the planners.” (Quran 3:54)
“And because of their boasting, "We killed Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God." But they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of Jesus was put over another man, and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge; they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely, they killed him not. But God raised him (Jesus) up unto Himself. And God is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise.” (Quran 4:157-15

Jesus Did Not Die
The Israelites and the Roman authorities were not able to harm Jesus. God says clearly that He took Jesus up to Himself and cleared him of the false statements made in Jesus’ name.
“O Jesus! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you of the forged statement that Jesus is God’s son.” (Quran 3:55)
In the previous verse, when God said He “will take” Jesus, he uses the word mutawaffeeka. Without a clear understanding of the richness of the Arabic language, and knowledge of the levels of meaning in many words, it may be possible to misunderstand God’s meaning. In the Arabic language today the word mutawaffeeka is sometimes used to denote death, or even sleep. In this verse of Quran, however, the original meaning is used and the comprehensiveness of the word denotes that God raised Jesus to himself, completely. Thus, he was alive at his ascension, body and soul, without any injury or defect.

Muslims believe Jesus is not dead, and that he will return to this world in the last days before the Day of Judgement. Prophet Mohammad said to his companions:
“How will you be when the son of Mary, Jesus descends amongst you and he will judge people by the Law of the Quran and not by the law of Gospel.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)
God reminds us in the Quran that the Day of Judgement is a Day that we cannot avoid and cautions us that the descent of Jesus is a sign of its nearness.
“And he, Jesus, son of Mary shall be a known sign for the Hour. Therefore have no doubt concerning it. And follow Me! This is the Straight Path.” (Quran 43:61)
Therefore, the Islamic belief about Jesus’ crucifixion and death is clear. There was a plot to crucify Jesus but it did not succeed; Jesus did not die, but ascended to heaven. In the last days leading up to the Day of Judgement, Jesus will return to this world and continue
his message.

DEBATE : WAS CHRIST (PBUH) REALLY CRUCIFIED? | TALK + REBUTTAL + Q & A | DR ZAKIR NAIK

somo
Apprentice

Post #28

Post by somo »

The practicality of Islamic Law is one particular aspect that truly impressed me at that time, It is a great blessing that in Islam one finds detailed teachings that result in their desired goals while, at the same time, being extremely practical and consistent with human nature. The lack of such teachings is one of the greatest dilemmas faced by Christianity. For example, with respect to societal cohesion and interaction, the greatest teachings found in the New Testament are what are known as “the hard sayings” of Jesus. They are as follows:

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:38-4.

Christian scholars themselves are perplexed. How are such obviously impossible or impractical teachings to be applied? Just one example of a discussion of these words will suffice to show how perplexing they are to those who staunchly believe in them:

[For interpreting these words, t]he model proposed by Joachim Jeremias is simple, representative, and of continuing influence. According to this model, the Sermon usually is seen in one of three ways: (1) as a perfectionist code, fully in line with the legalism of rabbinic Judaism; (2) as an impossible ideal, meant to drive the believer first to desperation, and then to trust in God's mercy; or (3) as an ‘interim ethic’ meant for what was expected to be a brief period of waiting in the end time, and which is now obsolete. Jeremias adds his own fourth thesis: The Sermon is an indicative depiction of incipient life in the kingdom of God, which presupposes as its condition of possibility the experience of conversion. More complex or comprehensive schematizations have been offered, but most major interpreters can be understood in relation to the options posed by Jeremias.

In Islam, there are no such dilemmas. The teachings are easy, flexible, practical and completely suited to everyday life, even for a new Muslim living in a completely non-Islamic environment, such as I was. The famed author James A. Michener also noted and appreciated this aspect of Islam. In one of the earliest writings that I had read about Islam, entitled “Islam—the Misunderstood Religion,” Michener wrote,

The Koran is remarkably down-to-earth in its discussion of the good life. In one memorable passage it directs: ‘When ye deal with each other in transactions involving future obligations reduce them to writing… and get two witnesses…’ It is this combination of dedication to one God, plus practical instruction, that makes the Koran unique.

11.Witness of the people of the book - اثبات أن الإسلام هو دين الحق- شهادة أهل الكتاب

somo
Apprentice

Post #29

Post by somo »

متحدث جديد يفاجئ الجميع بأسلوبه الهادئ وبلاغته في ركن الخطباء

الداعية عثمان بن فاروق مع قس نصراني .. مناظرة أثمرت بإسلام شرطي كان يستمع لهما

صافحني_ شمسي يدعو سيدة بريطانية الي الإسلام
Speaker's corner

معتنق يروي قصته! Speaker's corner

ملحد يسأل شمسي عن الخمر في الجنة Speaker's corner

somo
Apprentice

Post #30

Post by somo »

Jesus in the Quran holds one of the highest statures amongst the Prophets. Unlike other Prophets who performed miracles, Jesus himself was a miracle, as he was born of a virgin mother, and God describes him and his mother Mary as such:
“…and We made her (Mary) and her son (Jesus) a sign for the worlds.” (Quran 21:91)
Nonetheless, in the Quran, Jesus is described as having many miracles not bestowed upon other prophets. God says:
“And We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear miracles” (Quran 2:87)
The following is a brief description of the miracles performed by Jesus mentioned in the Quran.

1. A Table Laden with Food
In the fifth chapter of the Quran, “The Table Laden with Food” – named after this miracle of Jesus, God narrates how the disciples of Jesus requested him to ask God to send down a table laden with food, and for it to be a special day of commemoration for them in the future.
“When the disciples said: O Jesus, son of Mary! Is your Lord able to send down for us a table spread with food from heaven? He said: Observe your duty to God, if ye are true believers. They said: We desire to eat of it and our hearts be at rest, and that We may know that you have spoken truth to us, and that We may be witnesses thereof. Jesus, son of Mary, said: 'O God, our Lord, send down for us a Table laden with food out of heaven, that shall be for us a recurring festival, the first and last of us, and a miracle from You. And provide us our sustenance, for You are the best of providers!” (Quran 5:112-114)
Since the occasion was to be “for us a recurring festival,” it is likely the Last Supper,[1] also called the Lord's Supper, Breaking of Bread, Eucharist, or Communion. The Eucharist has always been at the center of Christian worship. Encyclopedia Britannica says:
“Eucharist is a Christian sacrament commemorating the action of Jesus at his Last Supper with his disciples … The letters of Paul and the Acts of the Apostles make it clear that early Christianity believed that this institution included a mandate to continue the celebration… The Eucharist has formed a central rite of Christian worship.”[2]

2. While Still in the Cradle
One of the miracles mentioned in the Quran, although not mentioned in the Bible, is that fact that Jesus, while still in the cradle, spoke out to protect his mother Mary from any accusations people may have placed on her due to having a child without a father. When she was approached about this strange incident after her childbirth, Mary merely pointed to Jesus, and he miraculously spoke, just as God had promised her upon annunciation.
“He shall speak to people while still in the cradle, and in manhood, and he shall be from the righteous.” (Quran 3:46)
Jesus said to the people:
“I am indeed a slave of God. He has given me the Book and made me a Prophet, and He has made me blessed wherever I may be. And He has enjoined upon me prayers, and to pay the alms, as long as I live and (He has made me) kind to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed. And may Peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and on the Day I shall be raised to life.” (Quran 19:30-33)

3. And It Becomes a Bird
God mentions a miracle given to none other in the Quran but Jesus, one which is quite parallel to how God himself created Adam. This miracle was one which none can argue its greatness. God mentions in the Quran that Jesus says:
“I create for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with God’s permission.” (Quran 3:49)
This miracle is not found in the New Testament, but it is found in the non-canonical ‘Infancy Gospel of Thomas,’ “When this boy, Jesus, was five years old, he was playing at the ford of a rushing stream… he then made soft clay and shaped it into twelve sparrows… but Jesus simply clapped his hands and shouted to the sparrows: “Be off, fly away, and remember me, you who are now alive!” And the sparrows took off and flew away noisily.” (Infancy Gospel of Thomas:2)

4. Healing the Blind and the Leper
Similar to the New Testament[3], The Quran also mentions Jesus to a have healed the blind and lepers.
“I also heal the blind and the leper.” (Quran 3:49)
The Jews during the time of Jesus were quite advanced in the science of medicine and were quite proud of their achievements. For this reason, miracles of this nature were given by God to Jesus, ones which the Jews could well understand that no force in nature could perform its like.

5. The Resurrection of the Dead
“…and I bring to life the dead, by the permission of God.” (Quran 3:49)
This, like the creation of a bird, was a miracle of incomparable nature, one which should have caused the Jews to believe in the prophethood of Jesus without doubt. In the New Testament, we read three cases where Jesus brought the dead back to life by God’s permission - the daughter of Jairus (Matt 9:18, 23; Mark 5:22, 35; Luke 8:40, 49), the widow's son at Nain (Luke 7:11), and Lazarus (John 11:43).

6. The Provisions of Today and Tomorrow
Jesus was given the miracle of knowing what people had just eaten, as well as what they had in store for the coming days. God says.
“I inform you too of what things you eat, and what you store up in your houses. Surely in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.” (Quran 3:49)
A Demonstration of Truth
Similar to other prophets, Jesus performed miracles to convince skeptics of his truthfulness, not to demonstrate his divinity. The Quran says:
“Surely in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.” (Quran 3:49)
These miracles were performed only by the Will of God, had he not willed them to occur, they could never come to be. God explicitly states this in the Quran, saying that they were:
“…by the permission of God” (Quran 3:49; 5:10)

Although Muslims can not confirm it, the Bible, through certain narrations, states that Jesus at times failed to perform miracles. Once when Jesus tried to heal a blind man, he was not healed after the first attempt, and Jesus had to try a second time (Mark 8: 22-26). In another instance, “He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.”(Mark 6:5)
The fact remains that indeed it was not through his own will that Jesus or any other prophet performed miracles. Rather, they were performed only by Will of God Almighty - a fact also explicitly stated in the Bible:
“A man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through him in your midst.” (Acts 2:22