Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Scientific thinking and common sense

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

I have noticed that sometimes people with a scientific mind, people who have studied a lot and know a lot of information about different sciences, do not notice simple things that do not escape the attention of ordinary people, even if they have studied less or almost nothing.

For example, the fact that the animals that evolutionists call "lower" in the evolutionary scale still live alongside humans, and that others supposedly fitter, because they are located in a higher position in the evolutionary line of man, no longer exist.

Evolutionary theory holds that as animals progressed up the evolutionary scale, they became more capable of surviving. Why, then, is the “inferior” ape family still in existence, but not a single one of the presumed intermediate forms, which were supposed to be more advanced in evolution? Today we see chimpanzees, gorillas and orangutans, but no “ape-men.” Does it seem likely that every one of the more recent and supposedly more advanced “links” between apelike creatures and modern man should have become extinct, but not the lower apes? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101985017

To what extent do you think the "wisdom" of this system of things can cloud a person's mind?

Clownboat
Savant

Re: Scientific thinking and common sense

Post #251

Post by Clownboat »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:00 pm
Clownboat wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:53 am
Clownboat wrote:Pride comes before a fall.
Good luck and be well. Check out Holy Huddle. Your claims wont be challenged there.
kjw47 wrote:Isnt this about debating?
It is supose to be, but posts like: "Any who knows what the bible teaches knows my post is accurate" is not to debate. It is just an empty claim devoid of any evidence.
If so, why are you running?

I'm running? You have quite the imagination.
Arent you here to debate?
Have been since 2008.
Debates cant occur unless both sides are involved.
Then please stop preaching as it is against forum rules.

Any thoughts as to why Paul was all about blood and having teachers while Jesus was all about the kingdom of heaven being within us?
Why would Jesus say to forgive and we will be forgiven, yet Paul claims that forgiveness and redemption comes from blood? Which person do you believe? Jesus or Paul?

What about when Jesus said that by our words we would be justified and by our words we would be condemned when compared to Paul who says we will be justified by blood which will also save us from the wrath of a god?

I am not preaching, i am sharing Gods truths against the darkness of those who debate against it.
What you just said reads as: I am not preaching, I am just preaching.
If you were not just preaching, you would have responed to the questions that I asked of you.

Here they are for the 3rd time in case you can muster the courage to address them.

Any thoughts as to why Paul was all about blood and having teachers while Jesus was all about the kingdom of heaven being within us?
Why would Jesus say to forgive and we will be forgiven, yet Paul claims that forgiveness and redemption comes from blood? Which person do you believe? Jesus or Paul?

What about when Jesus said that by our words we would be justified and by our words we would be condemned when compared to Paul who says we will be justified by blood which will also save us from the wrath of a god?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #252

Post by Difflugia »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:00 pmI am not preaching, i am sharing Gods truths against the darkness of those who debate against it.
I am not laughing, I am expelling air resulting in a staccato sound pattern symptomatic of my mirth.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

William
Savant

Post #253

Post by William »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #249]

I am not preaching, i am sharing Gods truths against the darkness of those who debate against it.
Yet another Jehovah's Witness proclaiming thinking she/he as YVHVs messenger...trying to enlighten the dark-dwellers...

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #254

Post by kjw47 »

Clownboat wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:00 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 am
brunumb wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:28 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:37 pm You were apart of false religion-These 2 Cor 11: 12-15--I am debating your darkness. Cant take it huh.
You are not debating anything. You are merely tossing around Bible verses which are not considered as having any validity here. Demonstrate that they are irrefutably true and you might have something to debate.

I have shared things that prove it true, no matter what i share you will say the opposite. Because your treacherous and desperate heart( Jer 17:9) has made you reason falsely and convinced your heart false things are true. It would be best for you to pray to Jehovah and ask him to show you.
You (generic you) can't just say, "with all due respect", make an evil claim and pretend you (generic you) are not a jerk because you said "with all due respect".
That is all you (not generic) are doing here. You show that you have evil in you ("your treacherous and desperate heart" claim for example) and expect us to ignore it because you says its the bible saying it.

With all due respect or because the bible said so does not abolish the evil that has been stated.
You will know them by their fruits and yours have been put on display for all to see here.

ALL have that heart in them, Peter displayed it when he denied Jesus 3 x after all he saw Jesus do. Some let it rule their thoughts continuously. And they falsely reason many untruths.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #255

Post by kjw47 »

William wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:49 pm [Replying to kjw47 in post #249]

Yet another Jehovah's Witness proclaiming thinking she/he as YVHVs messenger...trying to enlighten the dark-dwellers...

Jesus asked us to do it- Luke 10, Acts 20:20--this scenario is an informal type.

William
Savant

Post #256

Post by William »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:13 pm

Jesus asked us to do it- Luke 10, Acts 20:20--this scenario is an informal type.
Luke 10 examples no Jehovah's Witness I have ever meet. If JW's think this is Jesus explaining them/their organization, I can correctly regard that as a fantasy.

As for Acts 20:20, this isn't even Jesus speaking.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #257

Post by JoeyKnothead »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 am I have shared things that prove it true, no matter what i share you will say the opposite. Because your treacherous and desperate heart( Jer 17:9) has made you reason falsely and convinced your heart false things are true. It would be best for you to pray to Jehovah and ask him to show you.
Of course it's any and all who you'll slander if they reject your preaching.

It's to be expected by some god worshippers who can't show they speak truth.

The liar lies, and the preacher preaches.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #258

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Difflugia wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:44 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:00 pmI am not preaching, i am sharing Gods truths against the darkness of those who debate against it.
I am not laughing, I am expelling air resulting in a staccato sound pattern symptomatic of my mirth.
Hilarious.

I may or may not be now doing my some staccatoing.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #259

Post by kjw47 »

William wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:23 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:13 pm

Luke 10 examples no Jehovah's Witness I have ever meet. If JW's think this is Jesus explaining them/their organization, I can correctly regard that as a fantasy.

As for Acts 20:20, this isn't even Jesus speaking.

Luke 10-Jesus sent his true followers out by 2--Acts 20:20--door to door.--The JW,s listened.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #260

Post by kjw47 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:34 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 am I have shared things that prove it true, no matter what i share you will say the opposite. Because your treacherous and desperate heart( Jer 17:9) has made you reason falsely and convinced your heart false things are true. It would be best for you to pray to Jehovah and ask him to show you.
Of course it's any and all who you'll slander if they reject your preaching.

It's to be expected by some god worshippers who can't show they speak truth.

The liar lies, and the preacher preaches.

And the mislead reject truth.