Second gathering of Israel

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

Second gathering of Israel

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

The scriptures speak of a coming latter day when the Lord God of Israel will set his hand again the second time to gather all Israel and fulfill his promise that they shall again inherit the lands of their inheritance.

It is obvious that most of these mighty events are yet to be fulfilled.

How and in what manner will all this be accomplished?

How will the tribes of Israel be identified?

Who will gather them?

Where are they today?

Where are the ten lost tribes of Israel today?

Are we now living in the “DISPENSATION OF THE FULNESS OF TIMES”?

The following scriptures give an interesting introduction to the latter day gathering of the House of Israel.

Ephesians 1:
That in the "dispensation of the fulness of times" he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ezekiel 11:
Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Son of man, thy brethren, even thy brethren, the men of thy kindred, and all the house of Israel wholly, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, Get you far from the LORD: unto us is this land given in possession.
Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come.
Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.
And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.
And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Jeremiah 3:
At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.

Ezekiel 28:
Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob.
And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.

Ezekiel 37:
Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

Ezekiel 39:

And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.
Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.
And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:
So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.
And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.
Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord GOD.
And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search.

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Second gathering of Israel

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Ezekiel and Jeriemiah were prophecying regarding the return of the Jewish exiles to Jerusalem in 6th century BCE after the Babylonian conquest.

All that has already happened; its history now.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Revelations won
Sage

Post #3

Dear JW,

I and the prophets are speaking of of the second gathering of Israel in the LATTER DAYS. Yes, a marvelous thing happened after World War II when the door was opened for our Jewish brethren to once again return to Jerusalem and they were able to set up a sovereign nation named Israel.

You need to remember that the house of Judah comprises ONLY ONE (1) TRIBE OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.

You need to understand that the HOUSE OF ISRAEL CONSISTS of ALL THE TWELVE ()12) TRIBES OF ISRAEL. Not just the tribe of Judah.

You should also be conversant and have full knowledge that the Lord GOD of Israel made a covenant with each of the twelve tribes that very specific areas were to be given to each tribe of the house of Israel as an everlasting inheritance. He cannot break that covenant for he is a God of truth and is bound by the covenant. Through disobedience we can break that covenant. But when the latter day children of Israel fully repent then the Lord will then the Lord is bound togrant those blessings.

So please do not take the full house of Israel out of context and apply it only to the tribe of Judah. In this topic I am speaking clearly of the full house of Israel.

Do you have answers to all of the questions posed in my OP?

Kind regards,
RW

Avoice
Guru

Post #4

Post by Avoice »

YET to happen?

It's happening already. It's been happening. By the plane loads.

In fact three planes landed in Israel one right after the other. One from Canada. One from the U.S. and the other from England.

Happens every day. Either in large groups on chartered plane or individual families. Everyday.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #5

Dear Avoice and jW's,

I can certainly agree with you in part as regards the gathering of the tribe of Judah.

It is clearly obvious that the tribe of Judah represents only 1/12th of the entire House of Israel.

Are you entirely void of understanding regarding the other 11 tribes of Israel? Where are they and how and in what manner are they being gathered??? Who is doing this mighty work?

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:41 am Ezekiel and Jeriemiah were prophecying regarding the return of the Jewish exiles to Jerusalem in 6th century BCE after the Babylonian conquest.

All that has already happened; its history now.

JW
Revelations won wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:07 am Dear JW,

I and the prophets are speaking of of the second gathering of Israel in the LATTER DAYS.
The State of Israel plays no part in latter day prophecies as the references to "Israel" in the Christian Greek scriptures refer to spiritual Israelites , that is to say : spirit anointed Christians.

JW

RELATED POSTS
Who make up "spirituual" Israel ?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 11#p900111

When Paul said "all Israel" would be saved was he refering to fleshly /natural Israel or SPIRITUAL Israel ? [Onewithim]
viewtopic.php?p=875857#p875857

Replacement theology: Who are the present day people of God?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 58#p857158

Did God reject his "chosen people" today?
viewtopic.php?p=1067743#p1067743

Does replacement theology represent an injustice on Gods part?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 50#p857250

Who are the REAL twelve tribes of Israel ? [this post]
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 7#p1023147

Are all Christians "born again"?
viewtopic.php?p=850455#p850455
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

GOD'S KINGDOM , THE 144, 000 and .... SPIRITUAL ISRAEL
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Revelations won
Sage

Post #7

Dear JW's

I heartily disagree with you, since the prophets were not referring to the tribe of Judy only, but are directly speaking the house of Israel, which includes all twelve tribes which compose the HOUSE of Israel.

It appears truth you want too ignore all of the house of Israel. I cannot help it if you choose to ignore all the house of Israel and choose to be ignorant or uninformed on this matter.

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #8

Revelations won wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:55 am ... the prophets were not referring to the tribe of Judy only, but are directly speaking the house of Israel, which includes all twelve tribes which compose the HOUSE of Israel.

We believe that all references to "the house of Israel, which includes all twelve tribes" in the "New Testament" refers to spirit anointed Christians from a variety of nations.

JW

collin88x
Student

Post #9

Post by collin88x »

There is no such thing as spiritual Israel.

Romans 9:1-6 (KJV) "I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen "according to the flesh:"

Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:"

Amos 3:1-2 (KJV) "Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying,
You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities."

Isaiah 14:1-2 (KJV) For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.
And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the LORD for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors.

All of those scriptures refer to the bloodline of the house of Israel. Not a spiritual thing. There's a reason the gates of new Jerusalem contain all 12 names of the Israelites 3 names on the north, 3 on the south, 3 on the west and 3 on the east.

None of which say Egypt, Rome, Babylonians, Assyrians, Canaanites, philistines, Persians, Grecians, ect. They only contain Israelite names.

It's not spiritual. Israel will inherit power over all nations in God's kingdom.

collin88x
Student

Post #10

Post by collin88x »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:32 am
Revelations won wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:55 am ... the prophets were not referring to the tribe of Judy only, but are directly speaking the house of Israel, which includes all twelve tribes which compose the HOUSE of Israel.

"We believe that all references to "the house of Israel, which includes all twelve tribes" in the "New Testament" refers to spirit anointed Christians from a variety of nations".

JW
There is no such thing as spiritual Israel.

Romans 9:1-6 (KJV) "I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen "according to the flesh:"

(He said the flesh which is bloodline, not spirit)

"Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen."

(He said all of that AND the ADOPTION belong to the Israelites according to the flesh. Adoption was referring to the grafting in. You may think that was a spiritual message but it never was. See Israelites we're gentile by the time of Christ. The 9 tribes of the northern kingdom. Hosea 1 States God cut that portion of the nation off from his old covenant and he declared them no more his people, but he remained with the kingdom of Judah which were the Jews as he would bring Christ through there to establish the tents of Judah FIRST (zechariah 12) So the rest of Israel couldn't magnify themselves against Judah. Judah is head tribe of all Israel. And Judah Benjamin and Levi by the represented the Jews.

Christ only taught Jews before his death and non else with exception to woman at the well and woman of Canaan both of which were Israelites of the northern kingdom who were disbanded from the old covenant resulting in them being gentiles at the time. The only thing spiritual is Israelites being gentiles during the time of Christ. But after Christ once they accepted Christ? We're adopted back into the family. And declared again God's people.

THERE IS NO SPIRITUAL ISRAEL PERTAINING TO ALL OTHER NATIONS BEING APART OF ISRAELS COVENANT WITH GOD. IT FOES NOT EXIST AND IS PURE FALSE DOCTRINE WORTHY OF JUDGMENT. Because one thing God can't stand is false doctrine confusing people.)

Romans 9.
"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:"

(That was referring to only Israelites in the flesh. If an Israelites rejects Christ? They were not considered Israel to God. That had nothing to do with any other nation outside of Israel. No nation will be magnifying themselves over Israel in any capacity.)

Amos 3:1-2 (KJV) "Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying,

You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities."

(God ONLY KNOWS the bloodline of Israel the family he brought out of Egypt. And will only judge them for their sins against the covenant until the new kingdom is established and Israel can sin no more in that day)

Isaiah 14:1-2 (KJV) For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.
And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the LORD for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors.)

For those saying Israel's prophecies happened already? I don't see the people in Israel today owning another nation as their captors. And oppressing them. Which is fair judgment from God upon the nations which enslaved and oppressed the Israelites over the millenniums. So that prophecy has not came to pass yet. So the real Israelites are not gathered yet. and are still oppressed as a people. And my point was this has nothing to do with spiritual anything. This is all blood related business.

All of those scriptures refer to the bloodline of the house of Israel. Not a spiritual thing. There's a reason the gates of new Jerusalem contain all 12 names of the Israelites 3 names on the north, 3 on the south, 3 on the west and 3 on the east.

None of which say Egypt, Rome, Babylonians, Assyrians, Canaanites, philistines, Persians, Grecians, ect. They only contain Israelite names.

It's not spiritual. Israel will inherit power over all nations in God's kingdom.

Sure all nations will have their place in God's kingdom. But they will be subjected to Christ and Israel's rule. And they will live or die or suffer certain judgments based on how they keep the laws of the land.

You can read about what the kingdom of God will be like towards the end of Zechariah 12.