Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Scientific thinking and common sense

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

I have noticed that sometimes people with a scientific mind, people who have studied a lot and know a lot of information about different sciences, do not notice simple things that do not escape the attention of ordinary people, even if they have studied less or almost nothing.

For example, the fact that the animals that evolutionists call "lower" in the evolutionary scale still live alongside humans, and that others supposedly fitter, because they are located in a higher position in the evolutionary line of man, no longer exist.

Evolutionary theory holds that as animals progressed up the evolutionary scale, they became more capable of surviving. Why, then, is the “inferior” ape family still in existence, but not a single one of the presumed intermediate forms, which were supposed to be more advanced in evolution? Today we see chimpanzees, gorillas and orangutans, but no “ape-men.” Does it seem likely that every one of the more recent and supposedly more advanced “links” between apelike creatures and modern man should have become extinct, but not the lower apes? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101985017

To what extent do you think the "wisdom" of this system of things can cloud a person's mind?

William
Savant

Re: Scientific thinking and common sense

Post #261

Post by William »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #259]
Luke 10-Jesus sent his true followers out by 2--Acts 20:20--door to door.--The JW,s listened.
Sure.
Someone knocks on your door and tells you stuff and quote mines the bible to make it look like the genuine thing and you believe it just because they say so, and follow and then offer your services to their beliefs and repeat the process knocking on doors and quote mine the bible to make it look like the genuine thing and they believe it just because you say so and that is how YVHV gets the JW message out there into the world...

And - well - those proclaimed "messengers" of YVHV from the JWO take no effort at all to subdue at the door - not like the good old days when YVHV's messengers took a great effort to wrestle with...

I prefer messages which generate substance and purpose...each to their own.
I have no horse in that race...

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #262

Post by JoeyKnothead »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:28 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:34 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 am I have shared things that prove it true, no matter what i share you will say the opposite. Because your treacherous and desperate heart( Jer 17:9) has made you reason falsely and convinced your heart false things are true. It would be best for you to pray to Jehovah and ask him to show you.
Of course it's any and all who you'll slander if they reject your preaching.

It's to be expected by some god worshippers who can't show they speak truth.

The liar lies, and the preacher preaches.
And the mislead reject truth.
Lol

I can only conclude you wish to mislead us, but I won't be misled.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

brunumb
Savant

Post #263

Post by brunumb »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:01 pm I can only conclude you wish to mislead us, but I won't be misled.
Wise decision.
Matthew 7:15-20
King James Version

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #264

Post by Clownboat »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 am I have shared things that prove it true, no matter what i share you will say the opposite. Because your treacherous and desperate heart( Jer 17:9) has made you reason falsely and convinced your heart false things are true. It would be best for you to pray to Jehovah and ask him to show you.

Allah contacted me and told me that you have been mislead and wants to know why you reject truth. Why do you reject the truth, I don't understand your motivation?
I called it 'truth', so that makes me correct. If you still don't believe me, I'll quote the Quran at you.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

William
Savant

Post #265

Post by William »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #264]
If you still don't believe me, I'll quote the Quran at you.
Someone call the Jesus Police!

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #266

Post by Difflugia »

brunumb wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:58 am15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
"Don't listen to those other guys! They're false prophets! I'm a real prophet!"
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

William
Savant

Post #267

Post by William »

[Replying to Difflugia in post #266]
There is only ONE false prophet! The rest of us are REAL and we are a multitude...

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #268

Post by JoeyKnothead »

William wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:24 pm [Replying to Difflugia in post #266]
There is only ONE false prophet! The rest of us are REAL and we are a multitude...
William, as ever, turning ideas on their heads.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #269

Post by kjw47 »

William wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:53 pm [Replying to kjw47 in post #259]
Luke 10-Jesus sent his true followers out by 2--Acts 20:20--door to door.--The JW,s listened.
Sure.
Someone knocks on your door and tells you stuff and quote mines the bible to make it look like the genuine thing and you believe it just because they say so, and follow and then offer your services to their beliefs and repeat the process knocking on doors and quote mine the bible to make it look like the genuine thing and they believe it just because you say so and that is how YVHV gets the JW message out there into the world...

And - well - those proclaimed "messengers" of YVHV from the JWO take no effort at all to subdue at the door - not like the good old days when YVHV's messengers took a great effort to wrestle with...

I prefer messages which generate substance and purpose...each to their own.
I have no horse in that race...

Alls JW,s do is plant seeds. God waters them if he sees fit.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #270

Post by kjw47 »

Clownboat wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:26 am

Allah contacted me and told me that you have been mislead and wants to know why you reject truth. Why do you reject the truth, I don't understand your motivation?
I called it 'truth', so that makes me correct. If you still don't believe me, I'll quote the Quran at you.

No religion that rejects Jesus as Gods son has God with them, thus do not have truth.