Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2561

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:53 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2559]
"Experiential Reality, "
That is what it is. "A reality we are experiencing". To differentiate as the realities are differentiated. Such as in "Heaven" and "The Physical Universe" are.
I think I understand your point. In any case yes, the earth and the heavens are biblically different.

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

HEAVEN , THE 144, 000 and ... THE MILLENIUM
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

William
Savant

Post #2562

Post by William »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:59 pm
William wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:53 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2559]
"Experiential Reality, "
That is what it is. "A reality we are experiencing". To differentiate as the realities are differentiated. Such as in "Heaven" and "The Physical Universe" are.
I think I understand your point. In any case yes, the earth and the heavens are biblically different.
The Earth and the Heavens are experienced as different, yes.

If folk want the one forever and not the other, they are welcome to their belief.
If their choices were limited to only one or nothing, then I question the validity of the belief as a case of being something accepted, simply because it is better than the alternative,
which is nothing.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #2563

Post by Revelations won »

Dear onewithhim,

After reviewing the various replies I I see some good points and some not so good. While opinions differ on this topic I suspect that there is a most important fundamental question that should be understood and answered correctly.

DID GOD THE FATHER IN ALL HIS WISDOM AND ALL KNOWING PLAN, INTEND FOR US AS HIS SPIRIT CHILDREN TO BE TRIED AND TESTED AS MORTAL BEINGS? IN OTHER WORDS IS MORTALITY A PART AND PARCEL OF HIS DIVINE PLAN?

What is your response to this question?

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2564

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelations won wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:01 pm Dear onewithhim,

After reviewing the various replies I I see some good points and some not so good. While opinions differ on this topic I suspect that there is a most important fundamental question that should be understood and answered correctly.

DID GOD THE FATHER IN ALL HIS WISDOM AND ALL KNOWING PLAN, INTEND FOR US AS HIS SPIRIT CHILDREN TO BE TRIED AND TESTED AS MORTAL BEINGS? IN OTHER WORDS IS MORTALITY A PART AND PARCEL OF HIS DIVINE PLAN?

Kind regards,
RW

You asked the same question HERE
viewtopic.php?p=1091401#p1091401

There are a number of dubious premises in your queston and you will have to define your terms before I can respond with any degree of accuracy.

You speak of "a plan" but there is a difference between a plan and a purpose, we more acccurately speak of Gods original PURPOSE, when refuring to his intentions towards humans.
The bible indicates God is selective in his foreknowledge so it would be somewhat misleading to refer to his "all knowing plan" ; when God does plan he can consider every possible eventuality (and adapt accordingly to ensure success) but the way you put it implies he knew every decision individuals concerned would make and on thas we cannot agree.

I am also confused as to your reference to his "spirit children" as by our understanding that would be the angels. Humans being his human "children" at best.

If all of the above is implied in your final question, then I personally feel it best not to respond until you have clarified or removed the objectionable elements. Simple is sometimes best when it comes to asking questions.

DID GOD CREATE HUMANS TO EVENTUALLY DIE?

No. Gods original purpose was that humans live forever on earth.

LIFE, DEATH and ...THE PURPOSE OF LIFE
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2565

Post by onewithhim »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:24 am

Kind regards,
RW

You asked the same question HERE
viewtopic.php?p=1091401#p1091401

There are a number of dubious premises in your queston and you will have to define your terms before I can respond with any degree of accuracy.

You speak of "a plan" but there is a difference between a plan and a purpose, we more acccurately speak of Gods original PURPOSE, when refuring to his intentions towards humans.
The bible indicates God is selective in his foreknowledge so it would be somewhat misleading to refer to his "all knowing plan" ; when God does plan he can consider every possible eventuality (and adapt accordingly to ensure success) but the way you put it implies he knew every decision individuals concerned would make and on thas we cannot agree.

I am also confused as to your reference to his "spirit children" as by our understanding that would be the angels. Humans being his human "children" at best.

If all of the above is implied in your final question, then I personally feel it best not to respond until you have clarified or removed the objectionable elements. Simple is sometimes best when it comes to asking questions.

DID GOD CREATE HUMANS TO EVENTUALLY DIE?

No. Gods original purpose was that humans live forever on earth.

LIFE, DEATH and ...THE PURPOSE OF LIFE
I hope many people will avail themselves of your excellent reasoning here. It would be so nice to have drive-by folks make a comment or two about this Biblical topic.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2566

Post by onewithhim »

Kind regards,
RW
Yes, it was God's purpose that his physical children will be tested as mortal beings; they would pass or fail depending on what they did about showing love and respect for their loving Creator. Jehovah's spirit children were never made into physical children.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #2567

Post by Revelations won »

Dear onewithhim’

I am sorry the below question is so confusing to you. Also I apologize for not responding sooner.

“DID GOD THE FATHER IN ALL HIS WISDOM AND ALL KNOWING PLAN, INTEND FOR US AS HIS SPIRIT CHILDREN TO BE TRIED AND TESTED AS MORTAL BEINGS? IN OTHER WORDS IS MORTALITY A PART AND PARCEL OF HIS DIVINE PLAN?”

Per your request I will break this down to the most simple questions.

First, Do you accept that God the Father is indeed the father of our spirit bodies as the scriptures declare?

Kind regards,
RW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2568

Post by onewithhim »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:37 am Dear onewithhim’

I am sorry the below question is so confusing to you. Also I apologize for not responding sooner.

“DID GOD THE FATHER IN ALL HIS WISDOM AND ALL KNOWING PLAN, INTEND FOR US AS HIS SPIRIT CHILDREN TO BE TRIED AND TESTED AS MORTAL BEINGS? IN OTHER WORDS IS MORTALITY A PART AND PARCEL OF HIS DIVINE PLAN?”

Per your request I will break this down to the most simple questions.

First, Do you accept that God the Father is indeed the father of our spirit bodies as the scriptures declare?

Kind regards,
RW
I was not confused, and I answered you.

DJT_47
Student

Post #2569

Post by DJT_47 »

Paradise is not on earth nor will be. Paradise is the 3rd Heaven.

2 Cor 12:1-4

1It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2570

Post by onewithhim »

DJT_47 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:09 pm Paradise is not on earth nor will be. Paradise is the 3rd Heaven.

2 Cor 12:1-4

1It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
Paradise will be on the Earth. This cannot be refuted, as there are many references to this throughout the Bible.

Psalm 37:9-11 and verse 29
Isaiah 11:6-9
Matthew 5:5