Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Scientific thinking and common sense

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

I have noticed that sometimes people with a scientific mind, people who have studied a lot and know a lot of information about different sciences, do not notice simple things that do not escape the attention of ordinary people, even if they have studied less or almost nothing.

For example, the fact that the animals that evolutionists call "lower" in the evolutionary scale still live alongside humans, and that others supposedly fitter, because they are located in a higher position in the evolutionary line of man, no longer exist.

Evolutionary theory holds that as animals progressed up the evolutionary scale, they became more capable of surviving. Why, then, is the “inferior” ape family still in existence, but not a single one of the presumed intermediate forms, which were supposed to be more advanced in evolution? Today we see chimpanzees, gorillas and orangutans, but no “ape-men.” Does it seem likely that every one of the more recent and supposedly more advanced “links” between apelike creatures and modern man should have become extinct, but not the lower apes? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101985017

To what extent do you think the "wisdom" of this system of things can cloud a person's mind?

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: Scientific thinking and common sense

Post #291

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:53 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:49 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:48 pm
kjw47 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:16 pm No religion that rejects Jesus as Gods son has God with them, thus do not have truth.
How can we confirm you speak truth in this matter?

God requires--Faith.
And faith is the excuse people give for believing something when they don't have evidence. No biggie, but it does put god in the same boat as Santa and the Easter Bunny.

Santa is real--unscrambled it spells-satan. The one stealing 98% of the christmas holiday away from Jesus. Jesus would not accept anything less than 100%. There is plenty of bible prophecys that have come true. Like in 1879 C.T.Russell stated--peace will be taken from the earth in 1914. he was the only one on earth that that truth was revealed through. How did he know? A bible prophecy in Daniel, written many years before the NT. The establishment of Gods kingdom rule in heaven would start 2520 years after the removal of the last king in Jerusalem=607 bce +2520= 1914= rev 6--He receives his crown( Jesus) Rev 6-and peace will be taken from the earth= ww1--A real bible prophecy coming true. We are well beyond that point in revelation. Time is running out.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #292

Post by Diagoras »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:59 pmThere is plenty of bible prophecys <sic> that have come true.
The intent of the genre of prophecy in the Hebrew Bible has been misunderstood.

You might take a moment to consider the many failed ‘prophecies’ of the End Times that have been promoted since well before the First World War. The Bible as ‘predicting the future’ is about as reliable as reading tea leaves, chicken bones or the like.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #293

Post by JoeyKnothead »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:59 pm Santa is real--unscrambled it spells-satan. The one stealing 98% of the christmas holiday away from Jesus. Jesus would not accept anything less than 100%. There is plenty of bible prophecys that have come true. Like in 1879 C.T.Russell stated--peace will be taken from the earth in 1914. he was the only one on earth that that truth was revealed through. How did he know? A bible prophecy in Daniel, written many years before the NT. The establishment of Gods kingdom rule in heaven would start 2520 years after the removal of the last king in Jerusalem=607 bce +2520= 1914= rev 6--He receives his crown( Jesus) Rev 6-and peace will be taken from the earth= ww1--A real bible prophecy coming true. We are well beyond that point in revelation. Time is running out.
:blink:

Time's been running out for two thousand years, don't everybody set to pillaging and plundering just yet.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Clownboat
Savant

Post #294

Post by Clownboat »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:59 pm
kjw47 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:16 pm No religion that rejects Jesus as Gods son has God with them, thus do not have truth.

God requires--Faith.
And faith is the excuse people give for believing something when they don't have evidence. No biggie, but it does put god in the same boat as Santa and the Easter Bunny.

Santa is real--unscrambled it spells-satan. The one stealing 98% of the christmas holiday away from Jesus. Jesus would not accept anything less than 100%. There is plenty of bible prophecys that have come true. Like in 1879 C.T.Russell stated--peace will be taken from the earth in 1914. he was the only one on earth that that truth was revealed through. How did he know? A bible prophecy in Daniel, written many years before the NT. The establishment of Gods kingdom rule in heaven would start 2520 years after the removal of the last king in Jerusalem=607 bce +2520= 1914= rev 6--He receives his crown( Jesus) Rev 6-and peace will be taken from the earth= ww1--A real bible prophecy coming true. We are well beyond that point in revelation. Time is running out.
*Pulls out soap box*
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!

Your empty words are rejected due to the fact you can't even abide by forum rules. Why listen to a person that can't be honorable with the little things afterall? Can't be trusted with little, so surely can't be trusted with much.

Fun fact, I use to use the ol unscrambling of Santa to be Satan when I was a kid too! Eventually I gave up my childish ways though.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #295

Post by Difflugia »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:19 amFun fact, I use to use the ol unscrambling of Santa to be Satan when I was a kid too! Eventually I gave up my childish ways though.
You know, if you rearrange the letters in Elvis' name, you get "lives." Elvis lives! Make of that what you will.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #296

Post by Clownboat »

Difflugia wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:27 am
Clownboat wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:19 amFun fact, I use to use the ol unscrambling of Santa to be Satan when I was a kid too! Eventually I gave up my childish ways though.
You know, if you rearrange the letters in Elvis' name, you get "lives." Elvis lives! Make of that what you will.
The King has returned!
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #297

Post by kjw47 »

Diagoras wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:13 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:59 pmThere is plenty of bible prophecys <sic> that have come true.
The intent of the genre of prophecy in the Hebrew Bible has been misunderstood.

You might take a moment to consider the many failed ‘prophecies’ of the End Times that have been promoted since well before the First World War. The Bible as ‘predicting the future’ is about as reliable as reading tea leaves, chicken bones or the like.

Revelation has been passing before the worlds eyes for well over 100 years.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #298

Post by kjw47 »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:19 am
kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:59 pm

God requires--Faith.

*Pulls out soap box*
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!

Your empty words are rejected due to the fact you can't even abide by forum rules. Why listen to a person that can't be honorable with the little things afterall? Can't be trusted with little, so surely can't be trusted with much.

Fun fact, I use to use the ol unscrambling of Santa to be Satan when I was a kid too! Eventually I gave up my childish ways though.

My words arent empty, and i am debating the darkness. You see this is a debate sight-the darkness stands on one side, and i stand for God and his truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #299

Post by JoeyKnothead »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:18 pm My words arent empty, and i am debating the darkness. You see this is a debate sight-the darkness stands on one side, and i stand for God and his truth.
It's a shame the only thing God has to fight against the darkness is a dim bulb.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Difflugia
Prodigy

2022 Sickest burn

Post #300

Post by Difflugia »

2022 Sickest burn: Joey Knothead
JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:06 pmIt's a shame the only thing God has to fight against the darkness is a dim bulb.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.