Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #261

Post by WebersHome »

Diagoras wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:34 pmThe notion of Hell predates Christianity by thousands of years by Egyptian and sources of Jewish mysticism such as the Kabbalah.

I wouldn't be surprised if every culture since the dawn of Man has had some thoughts about retribution.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #262

Post by WebersHome »

Folks react to misfortune in a sort of four-step process. The first is usually disbelief, followed by anger, then despair, and finally adjustment.

In the movie "Shawshank Redemption" a man is given two life sentences for murders he didn't commit. At first he feels very strongly that the truth will come out that he's innocent and doesn't belong in prison: he expects to eventually be exonerated and set free.

Well, one of the old-timers cautioned him about that with the advice: "Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's no use on the inside. You'd better get used to that idea."

I'd imagine that most new arrivals in Hell go thru the four-step process and at first hope against hope that it isn't permanent. It probably takes quite a while for them to get used to the idea that it is what it is, i.e. they're never getting out.

Were Hell a normal penal colony like San Quentin or Riker's Island; then I think most folks would eventually settle down and accept it as a way of life. But the element of fire makes adjustment very difficult. If only there was at least some water to help folks beat the heat, that would be very helpful. And maybe recreation and/or something to occupy their minds like reading, writing, art, and construction projects. I really don't know how people don't run mad with insanity from the boredom down there.

Immigration Update: 1,850 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 112,491,100 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #263

Post by WebersHome »

In Jesus' case, mortality/immortality pertained only to his body rather than to both his body and himself. Were that not so, then Jesus would've ceased to exist when he expired on the cross, and in order to restore his corpse to life; it would've been first necessary to restore the man himself to life.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that human life is entirely physical which, for them, isn't exactly true. They hold to something called "life force" which enables the core of one's being to exist. The life force is versatile. It can be taken from a spirit body, transferred to a human body, and then transferred back again to the spirit body from whence it came.

The JW life force suggests an interesting possibility. Supposing when folks are terminated in the lake of fire per Rev 20:11-15, their life force survives to be transferred to a spirit body; enabling them to be perfectly suited to join the Devil and his angels per Matt 25:41, thus keeping the lost in existence for as long as God deems necessary to accomplish retribution for their works per Rev 20:12.

Immigration Update: 1,860 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 113,099,160 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #264

Post by WebersHome »

1 Tim 6:7 . .We brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

Christians walk a strange path. On the one hand they have to be ready to leave this life on a moment's notice, while on the other hand ready for a long stay, i.e. live like there's no tomorrow, and yet live like there are years to come.

Those two dissimilar expectations balance each other so that we don't live to extremes in either direction: always keeping in mind that as we came into this world empty-handed we will leave it empty-handed. So everyone should be prepared to suffer the loss of every personal item in their possession that they hold dear; along with every project and every endeavor.

Immigration Update: 1,866 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 113,463,996 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #265

Post by WebersHome »

When people pass away, they leave all behind, including the clothes they wore for burial. Well; what are guys to do with their hands in Hell without pockets to put them in?

Personally, I like to hook my thumbs in the front pockets of my jeans while waiting in lines and such. I prefer that to folding my arms.

Immigration Update: 1,873 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 113,889,638 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #266

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Lol

Dude has something so important to tell, but has to do so where challenges to claims are discouraged.

"I keep telling em God, but they think I'm alying."
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

WebersHome
Guru

Post #267

Post by WebersHome »

Rom 8:15-16 . . For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out: Abba, Father. The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

That passage tells of a supernatural close encounter of a third kind, so to speak.

Not every Christian undergoes the experience. For example: adherents of Catholicism honestly don't know for sure where they stand with God-- we're talking about something like 1.3 billion people. That number represents a minimum 49% of the world's Christians unsure of what to expect when they cross over to the other side. It's difficult to tag the number of Protestants because they are so diverse in their beliefs and practices.

NOTE: Rom 8:15-16 never happened for Mother Teresa. She complained in private correspondence with spiritual counselors that she felt not the slightest glimmer of the Lord's presence virtually the entire five decades of missionary work in India; leading her to wonder if there really is a God out there; and she sometimes spoke of Jesus as "the absent one".

The Spirit of adoption is supposed to make God's people feel at home; not feel left out. I don't know what went wrong with Teresa but for sure her spiritual condition was not good.

Immigration Update: 1,878 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 114,193,668 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #268

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: Do people in Hell have immortality?

REPLY: No.

FAQ: Do people in Hell have eternal life?

REPLY: No.

FAQ: If so that people in Hell have neither immortality nor eternal life, then how can it be possible their conscious suffering is perpetual?

REPLY: People in Hell lose their bodies when the pass on, so that rules out immortality. They keep human nature when they pass, so that rules out eternal life.

There's a sphere of existence about which I know practically nothing.

For example: the story told at Luke 16:19-31 portrays a man in Hades entirely sentient. He has a tongue, and vision, and hearing, and is capable of speech. Plus; his memories are intact, and he's capable of anxiety. From all appearances, the man is fully human except of course he's no longer physical.

Immigration Update: 1,884 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 114,558,504 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #269

Post by Diagoras »

WebersHome wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:52 pm There's a sphere of existence about which I know practically nothing.

For example: the story told at Luke 16:19-31 portrays a man in Hades entirely sentient.
Well:

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Suggests that Hell has windows (or perhaps low walls) and that heaven is far away but still visible. Plus within shouting distance - as evidenced by the next verse:

While the rich man was being tormented in hell, he saw Lazarus in Abraham's bosom, and he cried out to him, saying,

They are close enough to have a conversation, at least.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

A ‘great gulf’ suggests some kind of moat or perhaps a natural crevasse. No word on whether a structural engineer in either heaven or hell could figure out a way across, but perhaps both places lack wood, stone or other bridge-building materials.

It’s not clear whether there’s a minimum level of ‘rich’ by which one is judged to be hell-bound. Nor, I suppose, how many sores you have to endure to get the Abrahamic bosom treatment. If I avoid purple and linens, and keep my sumptuous meals down to just twice a week, do you think I’ll be alright?

WebersHome
Guru

Post #270

Post by WebersHome »

"Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home. That’s us.

On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives.

The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-- on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."

(Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot-- imaging from Voyager 1)

The Earth is literally a death star, careening thru space, looping around and around the Sun many times over and again: a floating grave yard whose soil is filled with the dead from many centuries stretching back to Abel: the first of its passengers to return to the dust from whence they came.

Eccl 7:2 . . It is better to spend your time at funerals than at festivals. For you are going to die, and you should think about it while there is still time.

Immigration Update: 1,896 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 115,288,176 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_