Second gathering of Israel

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

Second gathering of Israel

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

The scriptures speak of a coming latter day when the Lord God of Israel will set his hand again the second time to gather all Israel and fulfill his promise that they shall again inherit the lands of their inheritance.

It is obvious that most of these mighty events are yet to be fulfilled.

How and in what manner will all this be accomplished?

How will the tribes of Israel be identified?

Who will gather them?

Where are they today?

Where are the ten lost tribes of Israel today?

Are we now living in the “DISPENSATION OF THE FULNESS OF TIMES”?

The following scriptures give an interesting introduction to the latter day gathering of the House of Israel.

Ephesians 1:
That in the "dispensation of the fulness of times" he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ezekiel 11:
Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Son of man, thy brethren, even thy brethren, the men of thy kindred, and all the house of Israel wholly, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, Get you far from the LORD: unto us is this land given in possession.
Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come.
Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.
And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.
And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Jeremiah 3:
At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.

Ezekiel 28:
Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob.
And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.

Ezekiel 37:
Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

Ezekiel 39:

And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.
Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.
And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:
So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.
And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.
Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord GOD.
And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search.

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Second gathering of Israel

Post #21

Post by JehovahsWitness »

collin88x wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:34 pm

Galatians 3:28 (KJV) "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

So by this you believe that a gentile is on an equal playing field with an Israelite?

That's what the scripture say, so that is what I believe. In Christ there IS no Jew or Greek (Gentile) , just as there is no male or female. All are on an equal footing in Christ; it says so right there in the scripture!
What makes you think he wants actual gentiles who have nothing to do with the house of Israel...?

It don't work that way.
Well apparenttly God didn't get your memo.

In Christ God found a way to bring non Israelites, who originally would have had no part in the Abrahamic promose* into that promise.

JW

*The Abrahamic promise is a special promise God made regarding the decendants of that one to rule the earth one day.

RELATED POSTS
Did God break His promise to Abraham?
viewtopic.php?p=1094621#p1094621

Who was Paul usually referring to when he spoke of the "Greek"?
viewtopic.php?p=1094341#p1094341

By the Apostle Paul's day which Jews were "hellenized"?
viewtopic.php?p=1094350#p1094350

How could a non-Isrelite be included in the Abrahamic promise? [this post]
viewtopic.php?p=1094365#p1094365

When did God permanently reject the 12 nations of Israel?
viewtopic.php?p=1094614#p1094614
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

collin88x
Student

Post #22

Post by collin88x »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:52 pm

Galatians 3:28 (KJV) "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

So by this you believe that a gentile is on an equal playing field with an Israelite?

That's what the scripture say, so that is what I believe. In Christ there IS no Jew or Greek (Gentile) , just as there is no male or female. All are on an equal footing in Christ; it says so right there in the scripture!
What makes you think he wants actual gentiles who have nothing to do with the house of Israel...?

It don't work that way.
Well apparenttly God didn't get your memo.

In Christ God found a way to bring non Israelites, who originally would have had no part in the Abrahamic promose* into that promise.

JW

*The Abrahamic promise is a special promise God made regarding the decendants of that one to rule the earth one day.

RELATED POSTS

Who was Paul usually referring to when he spoke of the "Greek"?
viewtopic.php?p=1094341#p1094341

By the Apostle Paul's day which Jews were "hellenized"?
viewtopic.php?p=1094350#p1094350

How could a non-Isrelite be included in the Abrahamic promise? [this post]
viewtopic.php?p=1094365#p1094365
There you go again ..... You keep lumping all 12 tribes of Israel into the name of the Jews. That's where you're messing up brother.

You say Jew nor Greek means Israelite vs non Israelite in the flesh.

This is where you're understanding is getting confounded.

Again the term JEW only represented a small section of the nation of Israel. It never represented all 12 tribes.

So you cannot lump all 12 tribes into the Jews section.

What is a Jew? A Jew is an Israelite who descends from the tribe of Judah and tribes involved with the kingdom of Judah which is Judah, Benjamin and Levi..

This is why your belief cannot hold up once this is realized.

God says prove all things. I've been proving that there were 2 sections of Israel at one point, split up into 2 nations and 2 kingdoms, mind you, who actually warred with eachother and hated eachother for centuries.

Think the crips vs bloods. Israel was like that for a few centuries during the split in the nation separating and dividing them as a whole.

Which was not what God intended. Ezekiel 37 explains what he intended for Israel, to be one nation under him.

You can't rule the earth and all people in it if you're divided and beefing with eachother...

It takes time to build the leaders of God's kingdom, this is why it hasn't been restored yet, but the remnant of israel in Christ? Will inherit this position in God's kingdom.

Back to the Jews though. Again only 3 tribes.

So when you say jews and gentiles?! Or Greeks (yes it can be interchangable Greek/gentile but Greek is referring to hellinized jews, which were considered gentiles because they wanted to be like the greeks (who is A GENTILE "nation" (bloodline) which happened to take over and conform a lot of them to their ways, traditions and cultures. Thus the term... "hellinized Jew".

They were referred to as Greek because they acted Greek fluently though they were Israelites in the flesh, thus they were considered a gentile to the Jews who were trying to practice pridefully the traditions of God, purely..

Now Jew nor gentile? It's not Israelite vs non Israelite.

It's the southern Kingdom Israelites (kingdom of Judah=Jews)

Vs the gentiles Israelites, the hellinized jews and those of the northern kingdoms 9 tribes cut off from the old covenant and scattered abroad into all nations..

As God said but the children of Israel will be as the sand of the sea which cannot be measured. And theses people I once declared not my people? (No more old covenant) are now the children the chosen ones of the living God (new covenant)

In order for you to hold on to that as truth what you believe? You're going to contradict the word of God and many of the prophecies and events in the past that lead up to the point of the necessity of Christ.

Because again ... Jew only represented 3 tribes of Israel. They only represented one nation. (Kingdom of Judah) The rest of Israel weren't even being acknowledged as Israel as they were considered gentiles to the Jews for centuries and God commanded them to stay away from Israel and not have no dealings with them. Even though they were blood. Spiritually they were cut off from God's covenant and not regarded as one of their own.

So the rest of Israel was lost but needed SAVING. Which was God's plan all along to unite all 12 back together in him so they can move as one and organize and command the world in righteousness under God & Christ..

That's the gospel..

help3434
Guru

Post #23

Post by help3434 »

collin88x wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:07 pm

Joel 2:27 (KJV) And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Idk how you can even try to combat that esp after reading Joel 2:27 none else is none else.... That's irrefutable scriptural evidence. ..

It's all about Israel. Period.
None else means no one else is their God, it doesn't mean that no one else is God's people.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #24

collin88x wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:09 am You keep lumping all 12 tribes of Israel into the name of the Jews. ... the term JEW only represented a small section of the nation of Israel. It never represented all 12 tribes.

After the Babylonian exile, the term JEW (derived from the name of Judah their most prominent tribe) was used as an umbrella term for all 12 tribes. Note what Ezra said during the post exilic period
EZRA 6:16, 17

“The sons of Israel, the priests and the Levites and the rest of the former exiles held the inauguration of this house of God with joy. And they presented . . . as a sin offering for all Israel twelve male goats, according to the number of the tribes of Israel.”
which tribes? Evidently more than just two... ...

1 CHRON 9:2, 3

. “Now the first inhabitants who dwelt in their possessions in their cities were the Israelites, the priests, Levites, and the Nethinim. And in Jerusalem dwelt of the children of Judah, and of the children of Benjamin, and of the children of Ephraim, and Manasseh
2 CHRONICLES 11: 14,16

“For the Levites left their suburban lands and their possession, and came to Judah and Jerusalem; for Jeroboam and his sons had cast them off from executing the priest’s office unto the Lord;.. . And after them, out of all the tribes of Israel, such as set their hearts to seek the Lord God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice unto the Lord God of their fathers.

So while none of the 12 tribes (including Judah, Levi and Benjamin) ever existed again as distince political entities, all 12 kept their idenities up to the time of Christ as is testified by Luke who records that the Prophetesse Anna was of the tribe of ASHER (Luke 2:36–38). In short if 6 tribes are specifically named in post exhilic scripture, how can anyone claim ten have been lost?

TEN TRIBES NOT LOST

Note the followinng from the bible Encyclopedia Insight on the Scriptures
besides many private family records, the Jews kept public records of genealogies and that the chroniclers, such as Ezra, had access to these when compiling their lists; also, that the public registers existed in the first century evidently up until 70 C.E. - Vol I p. 915

CONCLUSION Historians like Ezra (and famililal and community records) enabled the preservation of geneological lineage that preserved the tribal identities of the Israelites. The result is that up to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE all 12 tribes existed as distinct patriarchal groups, none of which were lost.

Further reading
https://israelmyglory.org/article/the-ten-lost-tribes/
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

collin88x
Student

Post #25

Post by collin88x »

help3434 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:44 am
collin88x wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:07 pm

Joel 2:27 (KJV) And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Idk how you can even try to combat that esp after reading Joel 2:27 none else is none else.... That's irrefutable scriptural evidence. ..

It's all about Israel. Period.
None else means no one else is their God, it doesn't mean that no one else is God's people.
Dude.... I am the lord YOUR (ISRAELS) God. And None else. He's addressing Israel. Why not address all nations if he's all nations God? Stop it you guys with the semantics. The evidence is clear. He is only Israel's God. Israel is the nations lord.

It's an order. God>Israel

Israel>all nations.

Deuteronomy 7:6 (KJV) For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Amos 3:1-2 (KJV) "Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying,
You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities."

God says he ONLY KNOWS ISRAEL. Out of all the families in the earth. All nations weren't brought out of slavery of 400 years to Egyptians. God is addressing that particular people, claiming he ONLY KNOWS THEM.

So again in Joel it's saying the same thing. I am in the middle of ISRAEL, I am your God and none else.

You can try and spin it but either way it's still saying the same thing. He's in the midst of Israel and he is THEIR GOD. if he was all nations God he would've established a covenant with all nations in the beginning. But he didn't, he chose a people a bloodline and made a promise to them forever.

Let it go.

collin88x
Student

Post #26

Post by collin88x »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:27 am
collin88x wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:09 am You keep lumping all 12 tribes of Israel into the name of the Jews. ... the term JEW only represented a small section of the nation of Israel. It never represented all 12 tribes.
After the Babylonian exile, the term JEW (derived from the name of Judah their most prominent tribe) was used as an umbrella term for all 12 tribes. Note what Ezra said during the post exilic period

“The sons of Israel, the priests and the Levites and the rest of the former exiles held the inauguration of this house of God with joy. And they presented . . . as a sin offering for all Israel twelve male goats, according to the number of the tribes of Israel.”

. “Now the first inhabitants who dwelt in their possessions in their cities were the Israelites, the priests, Levites, and the Nethinim. And in Jerusalem dwelt of the children of Judah, and of the children of Benjamin, and of the children of Ephraim, and Manasseh

“For the Levites left their suburban lands and their possession, and came to Judah and Jerusalem; for Jeroboam and his sons had cast them off from executing the priest’s office unto the Lord;.. . And after them, out of all the tribes of Israel, such as set their hearts to seek the Lord God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice unto the Lord God of their fathers.

So while none of the 12 tribes (including Judah, Levi and Benjamin) ever existed again as distince political entities, all 12 kept their idenities up to the time of Christ as is testified by Luke who records that the Prophetesse Anna was of the tribe of ASHER (Luke 2:36–38). In short if 6 tribes are specifically named in post exhilic scripture, how can anyone clam ten have been lost?

TEN TRIBES NOT LOST

besides many private family records, the Jews kept public records of genealogies and that the chroniclers, such as Ezra, had access to these when compiling their lists; also, that the public registers existed in the first century evidently up until 70 C.E. - Vol I p. 915

CONCLUSION Historians like Ezra (and famililal and community records) enabled the preservation of geneological lineage that preserved the tribal identities of the Israelites. The result is that up to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE all 12 tribes existed as distinct patriarchal groups, none of which were lost.

Further reading
Nice try brother but chronicles was lonnnng since before the split in Israel...

So was Ezra.

The tribes were lost after God cut them off from the old covenant. No they were not still identified as Israelites up to the time of Christ. They were declared not God's people. Up to the time of Christ.

Did Babylon conquer Israel?
"The Kingdom of Israel (or the Northern Kingdom or Samaria, (aka the "10" tribes (I say 9 because Judah contained 3 tribes not just 2) existed as an independent state until 722 BCE, when it was conquered by the Neo-Assyrian Empire.

The Kingdom of Judah (or the Southern Kingdom) existed as an independent state until 586 BCE, when it was conquered by the Neo-Babylonian Empire."

The Jews were conquered by the Babylonian empire.
Northern kingdom was conquered by Assyrians.

They were split remember.

So again no. The term JEW does not apply to all 12 tribes of israel. Jew means one of the kingdom of Judah.

How can the other 9 be counted as Jews? When they were not apart of their nation and kingdom?

The stuff you posted were events that had happened long before God ended up cutting off the northern kingdom from the covenant. When you read Hosea which is long after chronicles and Ezra. Timeline is important.

Yes the Jews are called the house of Israel also. Esp after the split and disband from the covenant, the Jews tribes became all Israel until Christ. As the other tribes were considered GENTILES for centuries.

Hosea 1:6-7 (KJV) "And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Lo-ruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.
But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen."

See the separation? Judah and Israel? Israel (9 tribes) became gentiles. While God remained dealing with Judah up to the time of Christ.

So again come the new testament the term JEW only applied to 3 tribes. The rest of Israel were gentiles.

I thought I proved that already with Paul's own writings.

Because I just used Hosea as a reference. And paul did the same. And Hosea only has 3 chapters. So.... the 1st one is about God cutting Israel off from his covenant but remaining with Judah.

Romans 9:24-27, 30-31 (KJV) "Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews (Judah) only, but also of the Gentiles? (Israel)

As he saith also in Osee, (Hosea) I will call them my people, which were not my people; (gentiles) and her beloved, which was not beloved. (He's referring to the northern kingdom, God declared them not his people for a time)

"And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; (Israel/gentiles) there shall they be called the children of the living God.
Esaias (Isaiah) also crieth concerning Israel, (northern kingdom) Though the number of the children of Israel (northern kingdom) be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

What shall we say then? That the Gentiles (northern kingdom), which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
But Israel, (Judah) which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness."

Paul was referring to Hosea here and referred to ISRAELITES as gentiles.

Hosea 1:9-11 (KJV) "Then said God, Call his name Lo-ammi: for ye (Israel/north) are not my people, and I will not be your God.

Yet (but/however) the number of the children of Israel (northern) shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, (Jews calling the northerners "gentiles") there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God. (This is referring to the new covenant in Christ)

Then shall the children of Judah (Jews) and the children of Israel (northern kingdom) be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel."

See. Judah and Israel. There's a separation. And Israel was considered not God's people by the Jews during the time of Christ, which means they were regarded as gentiles during the time of Christ which is why Paul addresses the northern kingdom as GENTILES in Romans 9.. but the prophecy states they would eventually be brought back together IN CHRIST in the end as one nation again.

So again. Jews only made up 3 tribes of Israel during the time of Christ. The rest were considered gentiles because God was not dealing with them anymore according to the old covenant. They (northern kingdom) had no God until Christ sacrafice happened. The end game was to still save them though and not leave them lost forever. They were never replaced. They were given a second chance by accepting Christ which was the new covenant between God and Israel..

so I don't know what you're trying to prove when you say all 12 tribes of Israel were regarded during the time of Christ because that is straight up false information. And you know once that falls you have no where else to go .So you can't give that up. I get it... It's hard to come to grips with reality but truth is truth.

Jesus had nothing to do with anybody other then Israelites.

He said this out his own mouth. So any thing other then that is blasphemy and one just doesn't understand what's really going on.

Matthew 1:21 (KJV) "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people (Israel) from their sins."

Matthew 15:24 (KJV) "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Who is Israel? It's not a spirit. It's a bloodline.

Romans 9:1-4 (KJV) "I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen "according to the flesh:"
Who are ISRAELITES; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;"

THE ADOPTION BELONGS TO THE ISRAELITES ACCORDING TO THE FLESH. The adoption is the grafting in. Which pertains to the northern kingdoms (gentiles) second chance in Christ.

The COVENANTS Belong to Israel according to the flesh. The old and the new. The new is JESUS. It pertains to Israel according to the flesh. Not a "spirit".

Gentile, gentiles. Have no place of inheritance over Israel's land. It's israels. God promised the land of Israel to Israel and israels descendants forever. No other nation has any thing to do with the land of Israel and an inheritance. it don't work that way. It's there's, and they inherit it through accepting Christ coming together and living a primarily Godly life according to his commandments of them.

A gentile gentile has a place and it's under Israel. That's the ceiling. They're not usurping authority over Israel or being on an equal level with Israel in terms of authority and government over God's kingdom. Not happening.

As it is written:

Jeremiah 51:5 (KJV) "For Israel hath not been forsaken, nor Judah of his God, of the LORD of hosts; though their land was filled with sin against the Holy One of Israel."

Romans 11:1-2 (KJV) "I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. (A Jew)
God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,"

Romans 11:3-5 (KJV) "Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. (Idolatry)

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant (of Israel) according to the election of grace."

There is no replacement of Israel..

And the Jews knew who the Israelites we're. You mentioned Anna. See it's spiritual. The Jews regarded the northern kingdom as gentiles though they knew the tribes they were from. God has cut them off from the covenant though. So it was kind of like an it ain't personal it's just business. Kind of deal. They called them gentiles to keep them reminded that they weren't apart of the relationship between them and God because God cut them off.

So for a while they looked down on the northern kingdom and didn't regard them as Israel though they knew they were Israel in the flesh and what tribes.

you know who your race looks like. especially among Romans. They stood out like a sore thumb being very dark skinned.

But they were regarded as gentiles in terms of the covenant with God. that is until they accepted Christ then they were respected as Israelites in a covenant with God again.

collin88x
Student

Post #27

Post by collin88x »

collin88x wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:52 pm

So while none of the 12 tribes (including Judah, Levi and Benjamin) ever existed again as distince political entities, all 12 kept their idenities up to the time of Christ as is testified by Luke who records that the Prophetesse Anna was of the tribe of ASHER (Luke 2:36–38). In short if 6 tribes are specifically named in post exhilic scripture, how can anyone clam ten have been lost?

TEN TRIBES NOT LOST

Further reading

So was Ezra.

Also the term lost tribes was not referring to the Israelites not being known who they are. It was referring to them having no relationship with God anymore after God declared them no more his people. That's why they were "lost" or considered "gentiles". not that the Jews didn't know they were Israelites in the flesh. They knew but we're commanded not to deal with them. That's why the Samaritan Israelite woman was shocked Christ even spoke a word to her, because as she stated the Jews (southern Kingdom) had no dealings with the Samaritan's (northern kingdom) tribes.

The book was told from the Jews perspective. When you heard Samaritan woman, or gentiles, or woman of Canaan, ect. This was highlighting his the Jews didn't regard them as Israel pertaining to a relationship with God. And Israelite has a relationship with God. So one who is declared not his people? Won't be regarded as an Israelite "spiritually" you want to talk about spiritual? That's the spiritual, the Israelites gentiles situation was the spiritual. Because they were Israel in the flesh but had no covenant with God for a time. So therefore we're not considered their people. Though they knew the tribes they were from. They still referred to them as gentiles and stranger nation names.

You know when you get labeled something? It sticks with you. Like who are you? God isnt dealing with you anymore, you are a gentile to us. I don't care what tribe youre from, you know what time it is.

That was the vibe between the Jews and the northern kingdom (gentiles) but Christ came to fix all of that and he touched on it with the story of the good Samaritan. Preparing them to go and gather the "gentiles" (northern kingdom "lost tribes" (no relationship with God) and bring them back to God. "Ye are not my people, now ye are the sons of the living God"

The tribes were lost after God cut them off from the old covenant.

No they were not still identified as Israelites up to the time of Christ. They were declared not God's people. Up to the time of Christ. By identified I mean they knew who they were but they knew they had no relationship with God and treated them as such. which is gentile..an outsider. Not on the same level. that's what they didn't identify them as even though they knew they were Israel in the flesh. That wasn't the point.

"The Kingdom of Israel (or the Northern Kingdom or Samaria, (aka the "10" tribes (I say 9 because Judah contained 3 tribes not just 2) existed as an independent state until 722 BCE, when it was conquered by the Neo-Assyrian Empire.

The Kingdom of Judah (or the Southern Kingdom) existed as an independent state until 586 BCE, when it was conquered by the Neo-Babylonian Empire."

They were split remember....

So again, no. The term JEW does not apply to all 12 tribes of israel. Jew means one of the kingdom of Judah.
(jew-duh) Jew is a nickname for kingdom of Judah Israelites.

So how can the other 9 be counted as Jews? When they were not apart of their nation and kingdom? There's a reason they were called Judah and Israel. 2 nations 2 separate kingdoms. At odds. So no. The northern kingdom would not consider themselves Jews when they have beef with them.

The stuff you posted were events that had happened long before God ended up cutting off the northern kingdom from the covenant. When you read Hosea which is long after chronicles and Ezra. Timeline is important.

Yes the Jews are called the house of Israel also. Esp after the split and disband from the covenant, the Jews tribes became "all Israel," or the "house of Israel" until Christ.

As the other tribes were considered GENTILES for centuries. though they knew they were Israel in the flesh.

When Christ said go not into the way of the gentiles? He was referring to Israelites. He knew who they were and they knew who they were but it wasn't time to bring the gospel to then just yet because the mission was to the JEW FIRST. (Kingdom of Judah first) Then the gentile (the lost tribes of israel pertaining to a relationship with God) like you said they had all the records, they knew. But regarded them as gentiles until the prophecy was complete in Christ.

Hosea 1:6-7 (KJV) "And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Lo-ruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.
But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen."

See the separation? Judah and Israel? Israel (9 tribes) became gentiles. While God remained dealing with Judah up to the time of Christ.

So again come the new testament the term JEW only applied to 3 tribes. The rest of Israel were gentiles.

Because I just used Hosea as a reference. And paul did the same. And Hosea only has 3 chapters. So.... the 1st one is about God cutting Israel off from his covenant but remaining with Judah.

Romans 9:24-27, 30-31 (KJV) "Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews (Judah) only, but also of the Gentiles? (Israel)

As he saith also in Osee, (Hosea) I will call them my people, which were not my people; (gentiles) and her beloved, which was not beloved. (He's referring to the northern kingdom, God declared them not his people for a time)

"And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; (Israel/gentiles) there shall they be called the children of the living God.
Esaias (Isaiah) also crieth concerning Israel, (northern kingdom) Though the number of the children of Israel (northern kingdom) be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

What shall we say then? That the Gentiles (northern kingdom), which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
But Israel, (Judah) which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness."

Hosea 1:9-11 (KJV) "Then said God, Call his name Lo-ammi: for ye (Israel/north) are not my people, and I will not be your God.

Yet (but/however) the number of the children of Israel (northern) shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, (Jews calling the northerners "gentiles") there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God. (This is referring to the new covenant in Christ)

Then shall the children of Judah (Jews) and the children of Israel (northern kingdom) be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel."

See. Judah and Israel. There's a separation. And Israel was considered not God's people by the Jews during the time of Christ, which means they were regarded as gentiles during the time of Christ which is why Paul addresses the northern kingdom as GENTILES in Romans 9.. but the prophecy states they would eventually be brought back together IN CHRIST in the end as one nation again.

So again. Jews only made up 3 tribes of Israel during the time of Christ. The rest were considered gentiles because God was not dealing with them anymore according to the old covenant. They (northern kingdom) had no God until Christ sacrafice happened. The end game was to still save them though and not leave them lost forever. They were never replaced. They were given a second chance by accepting Christ which was the new covenant between God and Israel..

so I don't know what you're trying to prove when you say all 12 tribes of Israel were regarded during the time of Christ because that is straight up false information. And you know once that falls you have no where else to go .So you can't give that up. I get it... It's hard to come to grips with reality but truth is truth.

He said this out his own mouth. So any thing other then that is blasphemy and one just doesn't understand what's really going on.

Matthew 1:21 (KJV) "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people (Israel) from their sins."

Matthew 15:24 (KJV) "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Romans 9:1-4 (KJV) "I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen "according to the flesh:"
Who are ISRAELITES; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;"

THE ADOPTION BELONGS TO THE ISRAELITES ACCORDING TO THE FLESH. The adoption is the grafting in. Which pertains to the northern kingdoms (gentiles) second chance in Christ.

The COVENANTS Belong to Israel according to the flesh. The old and the new. The new is JESUS. It pertains to Israel according to the flesh. Not a "spirit".

Gentile, gentiles. Have no place of inheritance over Israel's land. It's israels. God promised the land of Israel to Israel and israels descendants forever. No other nation has any thing to do with the land of Israel and an inheritance. it don't work that way. It's there's, and they inherit it through accepting Christ coming together and living a primarily Godly life according to his commandments of them.

A gentile gentile has a place and it's under Israel. That's the ceiling. They're not usurping authority over Israel or being on an equal level with Israel in terms of authority and government over God's kingdom. Not happening.

As it is written:

Jeremiah 51:5 (KJV) "For Israel hath not been forsaken, nor Judah of his God, of the LORD of hosts; though their land was filled with sin against the Holy One of Israel."

Romans 11:1-2 (KJV) "I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. (A Jew)
God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,"

Romans 11:3-5 (KJV) "Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. (Idolatry)

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant (of Israel) according to the election of grace."

And the Jews knew who the Israelites we're. You mentioned Anna. See it's spiritual. The Jews regarded the northern kingdom as gentiles though they knew the tribes they were from. God has cut them off from the covenant though. So it was kind of like an it ain't personal it's just business. Kind of deal. They called them gentiles to keep them reminded that they weren't apart of the relationship between them and God because God cut them off.

So for a while they looked down on the northern kingdom and didn't regard them as Israel though they knew they were Israel in the flesh and what tribes.

you know who your race looks like. especially among Romans. They stood out like a sore thumb being very dark skinned.

But they were regarded as gentiles in terms of the covenant with God. that is until they accepted Christ then they were respected as Israelites in a covenant with God again.

collin88x
Student

Post #28

Post by collin88x »

collin88x wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:30 pm

TEN TRIBES NOT LOST

Further reading

So was Ezra. And by the split I'm referring to God declaring he had no more a relationship with the northern kingdom. Not the actual kingdom split. But the point where they were no more apart of the old covenant, that split. Is what I'm referring to.

Also the term lost tribes was not referring to the Israelites not being known who they are. It was referring to them having no relationship with God anymore after God declared them no more his people. That's why they were "lost" or considered "gentiles". not that the Jews didn't know they were Israelites in the flesh. They knew but we're commanded not to deal with them. That's why the Samaritan Israelite woman was shocked Christ even spoke a word to her, because as she stated the Jews (southern Kingdom) had no dealings with the Samaritan's (northern kingdom) tribes.

The book was told from the Jews perspective. When you heard Samaritan woman, or gentiles, or woman of Canaan, ect. This was highlighting his the Jews didn't regard them as Israel pertaining to a relationship with God. And Israelite has a relationship with God. So one who is declared not his people? Won't be regarded as an Israelite "spiritually" you want to talk about spiritual? That's the spiritual, the Israelites gentiles situation was the spiritual. Because they were Israel in the flesh but had no covenant with God for a time. So therefore we're not considered their people. Though they knew the tribes they were from. They still referred to them as gentiles and stranger nation names.

You know when you get labeled something? It sticks with you. Like who are you? God isnt dealing with you anymore, you are a gentile to us. I don't care what tribe youre from, you know what time it is.

That was the vibe between the Jews and the northern kingdom (gentiles) but Christ came to fix all of that and he touched on it with the story of the good Samaritan. Preparing them to go and gather the "gentiles" (northern kingdom "lost tribes" (no relationship with God) and bring them back to God. "Ye are not my people, now ye are the sons of the living God"

No they were not still identified as Israelites up to the time of Christ. They were declared not God's people. Up to the time of Christ. By identified I mean they knew who they were but they knew they had no relationship with God and treated them as such. which is gentile..an outsider. Not on the same level. that's what they didn't identify them as even though they knew they were Israel in the flesh. That wasn't the point.

So again, no. The term JEW does not apply to all 12 tribes of israel. Jew means one of the kingdom of Judah.

So how can the other 9 be counted as Jews? When they were not apart of their nation and kingdom? There's a reason they were called Judah and Israel. 2 nations 2 separate kingdoms. At odds. So no. The northern kingdom would not consider themselves Jews when they have beef with them.

Yes the Jews are called the house of Israel also. Esp after the split and disband from the covenant, the Jews tribes became "all Israel," or the "house of Israel" until Christ.

As the other tribes were considered GENTILES for centuries. though they knew they were Israel in the flesh.

When Christ said go not into the way of the gentiles? He was referring to Israelites. He knew who they were and they knew who they were but it wasn't time to bring the gospel to then just yet because the mission was to the JEW FIRST. (Kingdom of Judah first) Then the gentile (the lost tribes of israel pertaining to a relationship with God) like you said they had all the records, they knew. But regarded them as gentiles until the prophecy was complete in Christ.

As it is written:

collin88x
Student

Post #29

Post by collin88x »

collin88x wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:32 pm
collin88x wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:30 pm

TEN TRIBES NOT LOST

Further reading

So was Ezra. And by the split I'm referring to God declaring he had no more a relationship with the northern kingdom. Not the actual kingdom split. But the point where they were no more apart of the old covenant, that split. Is what I'm referring to.

Because I just used Hosea as a reference. And paul did the same... the 1st one is about God cutting Israel off from his covenant but remaining with Judah.

As it is written:

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #30

collin88x wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:40 pm ... the term lost tribes was not referring to the Israelites not being known who they are. It was referring to them having no relationship with God anymore after God declared them no more his people. That's why they were "lost" or considered "gentiles".
If you are referring to Gods rejection of the Israelites, and the loss of their special relationship with Him, that happened, not with the jewish exile of the 6th century BCE but in 36CE. And this did not concern the ten tribes only but the entire 12 tribes as an idetifiable ethnic group

As of 36 CE all natural born Israelites, regardless of tribe, would indeed forever be considered as being part of a gentile nation and the only true "Israelites" woul be spiritual ones, born into their privileged positions through faith in Christ
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.