JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

tam
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #621

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
[Replying to collin88x in post #619]

The woman of Canaan Christ ignored at first. Yes, Israelite of the north.
You're right about the Samaritans (and the Samaritan woman at the well), as well as some others that may not have been identified as Israel (descended from the ten northern tribes).

But Christ would not have ignored the Canaanite woman if she were Israel. Just as He did not ignore the Samaritan woman at the well <- because of course she was Israel. Jews may not have considered Samaritans to be Israel as well, but Christ knew what was true. And as He said, He came for the lost sheep of Israel... of which the Canaanite woman was not, but the Samaritan woman was. He even said to the Caananite woman that it would not be right to take the food from the children (the children being Israel, all Israel, all the tribes) and give it to the dogs (<- that is not derogatory, btw).

That caananite woman was a non-Israelite Gentile; but because of her faith, He did as she requested.

Peace again to you!
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #622

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:44 pm Peace to you,
[Replying to collin88x in post #619]

The woman of Canaan Christ ignored at first. Yes, Israelite of the north.
You're right about the Samaritans (and the Samaritan woman at the well), as well as some others that may not have been identified as Israel (descended from the ten northern tribes).

But Christ would not have ignored the Canaanite woman if she were Israel. Just as He did not ignore the Samaritan woman at the well <- because of course she was Israel. Jews may not have considered Samaritans to be Israel as well, but Christ knew what was true. And as He said, He came for the lost sheep of Israel... of which the Canaanite woman was not, but the Samaritan woman was. He even said to the Caananite woman that it would not be right to take the food from the children (the children being Israel, all Israel, all the tribes) and give it to the dogs (<- that is not derogatory, btw).

That caananite woman was a non-Israelite Gentile; but because of her faith, He did as she requested.

Peace again to you!

Literal Israel was apostocised when Jesus came. Otherwise Rome would not have had rule over them. When God was standing Israel no one could defeat them, All of Israel was lost at that point. Jesus even told the Israelite spiritual teachers off-Matt 23--He said they had closed up the kingdom of God to their flock. At verse 38 he assurred them-Your house is abandoned to you- means Cut off of being Gods chosen--unless they do verse 39, to this day they have outright refused thus are still cut off. The Pharisees saw the new religion begin-Acts 24:5

tam
Savant

Post #623

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
[Replying to kjw47 in post #622]

Jesus even told the Israelite spiritual teachers off-Matt 23--He said they had closed up the kingdom of God to their flock
It is interesting that you bring that verse up and yet do not recognize at least one religion doing that very thing today.

Please note what Christ ACTUALLY SAID:

He said that they (the Pharisees) shut up the Kingdom of HEAVEN in men's faces.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to."

Doesn't the JW religion teach most (almost all) of her members that they cannot enter the kingdom of heaven? That it is not for them and that Christ has not called or invited them? That they do not have that hope? How is that not shutting the door of the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces? They aren't just shutting the door to the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces, they are taking away the very hope to enter through that door to begin with!

Christ did not shut the door in men's faces; He invited (and yet invites) people to come! To take for FREE the water of Life! The door is yet OPEN! He also says that ANYONE may eat from Him, and that unless one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO life in them. (John 6:50-56)

(Please don't take this as an endorsement for any other religion. No religion is the truth. No religion is from Christ. It is not a religion to which God told us to listen.)

Christ is the ONE who is the Truth, He is the One who speaks the truth, and He is the One who has the words of eternal life. He is the One to whom God told us to listen:

"This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to Him."

Remember, there are many false prophets and false teachers in the world, hoping to mislead even the elect. But regardless of what men and religion teach, to whom are we supposed to be listening? Who do we love the MOST? (John 14:21; 23; Matt 10:37)

Test all things, hold all things up against the Light... Christ is that Light; and the Truth; and the Word of God.

Peace again to you, and to you all,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #624

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:28 pm Peace to you,

Jesus even told the Israelite spiritual teachers off-Matt 23--He said they had closed up the kingdom of God to their flock
It is interesting that you bring that verse up and yet do not recognize at least one religion doing that very thing today.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to."

Doesn't the JW religion teach most (almost all) of her members that they cannot enter the kingdom of heaven? That it is not for them and that Christ has not called or invited them? That they do not have that hope? How is that not shutting the door of the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces? They aren't just shutting the door to the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces, they are taking away the very hope to enter through that door to begin with!

Christ did not shut the door in men's faces; He invited (and yet invites) people to come! To take for FREE the water of Life! The door is yet OPEN! He also says that ANYONE may eat from Him, and that unless one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO life in them. (John 6:50-56)

(Please don't take this as an endorsement for any other religion. No religion is the truth. No religion is from Christ. It is not a religion to which God told us to listen.)

Christ is the ONE who is the Truth, He is the One who speaks the truth, and He is the One who has the words of eternal life. He is the One to whom God told us to listen:

Remember, there are many false prophets and false teachers in the world, hoping to mislead even the elect. But regardless of what men and religion teach, to whom are we supposed to be listening? Who do we love the MOST? (John 14:21; 23; Matt 10:37)

Test all things, hold all things up against the Light... Christ is that Light; and the Truth; and the Word of God.

tammy
The great crowd will stand on earth, before the throne in Gods kingdom, it rules from heaven. It will be the only ruling power in existence-Daniel 2:44--So they do not close up the kingdom to men.

tam
Savant

Post #625

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:59 pm

tammy
The great crowd will stand on earth, before the throne in Gods kingdom, it rules from heaven. It will be the only ruling power in existence-Daniel 2:44--So they do not close up the kingdom to men.
Do they or do they not teach that most of their members cannot enter into the Kingdom of HEAVEN?

Because that is what Christ spoke of when He said the Pharisees shut up the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces; not entering themselves and not allowing anyone else to enter who wants to enter.

Peace again to you.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #626

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:02 pm Peace to you,

tammy
Do they or do they not teach that most of their members cannot enter into the Kingdom of HEAVEN?

Because that is what Christ spoke of when He said the Pharisees shut up the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces; not entering themselves and not allowing anyone else to enter who wants to enter.

Peace again to you.

The kingdom will rule from heaven forever. Only the anointed=The little flock( Luke 12:32) are promised heaven, these are numbered=144,000( Rev 14:3)--these are the bride of Christ- to sit on thrones beside Jesus as kings and priests( Rev 1:6,,Rev 20:6) These are apart of the 1st resurrection-- The only other ones getting saved are the great crowd( Rev 7:9) no man can number--These get this promise from Jesus-Matt 5:5--Psalm 37:29--They will stand on earth before Gods throne.

tam
Savant

Post #627

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:14 pm

tammy

Peace again to you.

The kingdom will rule from heaven forever. Only the anointed=The little flock( Luke 12:32) are promised heaven, these are numbered=144,000( Rev 14:3)--these are the bride of Christ- to sit on thrones beside Jesus as kings and priests( Rev 1:6,,Rev 20:6) These are apart of the 1st resurrection-- The only other ones getting saved are the great crowd( Rev 7:9) no man can number--These get this promise from Jesus-Matt 5:5--Psalm 37:29--They will stand on earth before Gods throne.
So then your answer is, YES, they DO teach that most of their members (indeed most people in the world) CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of HEAVEN. Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is what Christ was speaking about when He said that the Pharisees shut up the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces, not entering themselves and not allowing anyone else to enter who wants to enter.

Peace again.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #628

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:51 pm Peace to you,

tammy

Peace again to you.

So then your answer is, YES, they DO teach that most of their members (indeed most people in the world) CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of HEAVEN. Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is what Christ was speaking about when He said that the Pharisees shut up the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces, not entering themselves and not allowing anyone else to enter who wants to enter.

Peace again.

No you are twisting it--The kingdom of heaven = Gods kingdom rule. It will be ruling all of creation after Armageddon, from heaven. No matter where one stands, earth, moon, or heaven they will be in Gods kingdom.

tam
Savant

Post #629

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:58 pm

tammy

Peace again to you.

Peace again.

No you are twisting it--The kingdom of heaven = Gods kingdom rule. It will be ruling all of creation after Armageddon, from heaven. No matter where one stands, earth, moon, or heaven they will be in Gods kingdom.
There is nothing to twist. I understand that you are reporting the interpretations of a religion; of men. But I am posting what is right there in black and white, that Christ was speaking about the Kingdom of Heaven when He was speaking to the Pharisees:

Peace again.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #630

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:30 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:58 pm

tammy

Peace again to you.

Peace again.

There is nothing to twist. I understand that you are reporting the interpretations of a religion; of men. But I am posting what is right there in black and white, that Christ was speaking about the Kingdom of Heaven when He was speaking to the Pharisees:

Peace again.

The only ones being saved are the little flock who are numbered and the great crowd which no man can number-One of those is getting this promise-Matt 5:5, Psalm 37:29-- The real teachers that have Jesus teach that truth. The ones called blind guides tell all they are going to heaven, by throwing Jesus truth away.