Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #131

Post by Brightfame52 »

The Second Coming indicates Jesus is Jehovah Judge!

The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, God the Son, The Eternal Logos, for it was prophesied in the sacred scriptures of the OT that He would come to Judge the World Ps 96:12-13

12 Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice

13 Before the Lord[Jehovah]: for he[Jehovah] cometh, for he[Jehovah] cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

Notice who it is that is said to be coming, Jehovah ! And what His business will be,To Judge the Earth or World with Righteousness !

Yet the Lord cometh, that's Christ Notice Jude 1:14-15

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

See how Enoch[way back then] was given Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Rev 19:11

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Who is this ?

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

It's Jesus Christ, the God Man !

This Truth poses a real problem to all those who who refuse to bow to scripture truth and revelation, and do not believe that the Man Christ Jesus is also Jehovah God, because it plainly states here in fulfillment of Ps 96:12-13 this about that Man Acts 17:31

31 Because he[God] hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Also Ps 98:9

9 Before the Lord [Yĕhovah]; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.

This Jehovah who cometh to Judge the Earth, is the Man Christ Jesus, Acts 17:31, for He is God Man ! 35

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #132

Post by Brightfame52 »

I maketh all things New !

Rev 21:5

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

We know that Jesus is God, because it is He who maketh all things New ! The Man Jesus Christ is also God because He is the One that sat upon the Throne and saith Rev 21:5-6

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

The One that does this " I make all things new" is Identified in Vs 6 as :

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end"

Now where did we read this before and to whom did it apply ?

Rev 1:8,11

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

And lots not overlook Rev 22:12-13

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Jesus Christ is both The Almighty God, and Man, God Man ! Who maketh all things New !

DB
Student

Post #133

Post by DB »

[Replying to Brightfame52 in post #131]

Read your Bible, there's no such term as god-man or god-the-son. Nor is the concept even plausible. You're speaking delirious and heretical nonsense.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #134

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to DB in post #133]

Lol, you just dont have eyes to see, I have been giving you scripture to prove my points.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #135

Post by Brightfame52 »

And His servants shall serve him !

Rev 22:1-3

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

We know Jesus Christ the Lamb, is God because His servants shall serve Him !

Once we carefully read this text of scripture, It is clear that John identifies Two upon the Throne of God and of the Lamb, but notice that it says following, and His [Singular] servants shall serve Him[singular] !

Shall serve who ? They shall serve God who is the Lamb, the Two are One. This is a picture of Eternity and of those who shall serve Him, The God Lamb forever.

Lets look at Daniel 7:13-14

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

14 And there was given him[The Son of Man] dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Particularly Vs 14, who here is given a Kingdom, that all shall serve Him for Everlasting ! Why its the Lamb, the Son of Man !

So the His and Him of Rev 22 :3 is God, the Lamb and the Father = God !

Though the Holy Spirit is not mentioned here, we do Believe He is God too ! 35

Savant

Post #136

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:20 pm ....
14 And there was given him[The Son of Man] dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, ....
Who gave that to the Son of Man, if he is the one and only true God?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #137

Post by Brightfame52 »

1213 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:55 pm
14 And there was given him[The Son of Man] dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, ....
God the Father !

Savant

Post #138

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:58 am
God the Father !
Yes, I agree. And as it is said:

Savant

Post #139

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:58 am
God the Father!
Yes, I agree with that, because:

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #140

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to 1213 in post #138]

I never denied that. This thread is about showing that Jesus is God and Why, not God the Father.