The Tanager
Savant

Re: In The Beginning...

Post #101

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:51 pm
We have both agreed that:
1: We exist within a creation.
2: Simulation Theory is a valid way to interpret the Biblical stories.
3: YVHV placed humans into this universe to grow personalities.
[Replying to The Tanager in post #99]
I agree.
Q: Why did YVHV create this universe and specifically place human beings within it for the purpose of us exploring, breeding and subduing the planet?

A: To grow Human Personalities.

Q: To what advantage to the individual, is the above knowledge in relation to exploring, breeding and subduing the planet?
(1) and (3) would seem to be advantageous. I'm not sure about (2). ST being a valid way to interpret the Biblical stories isn't the same as saying it is the true way to interpret the Biblical stories. If true, it would be advantageous to know.

William
Savant

Post #102

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:34 pm
William wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:51 pm
[Replying to The Tanager in post #99]
I agree.
Q: Why did YVHV create this universe and specifically place human beings within it for the purpose of us exploring, breeding and subduing the planet?

Q: To what advantage to the individual, is the above knowledge in relation to exploring, breeding and subduing the planet?
(1) and (3) would seem to be advantageous. I'm not sure about (2). ST being a valid way to interpret the Biblical stories isn't the same as saying it is the true way to interpret the Biblical stories. If true, it would be advantageous to know.
Why not?

The Tanager
Savant

Post #103

Post by The Tanager »

[Replying to William in post #102]

Why is saying X is a valid way to interpret story A not the same thing as saying X is the true interpretation of story A?

William
Savant

Post #104

Post by William »

[Replying to The Tanager in post #103]

Yes. Why?
valid
/ˈvalɪd/

adjective
(of an argument or point) having a sound basis in logic or fact; reasonable or cogent.

reasonable
/ˈriːz(ə)nəb(ə)l/

adjective
having sound judgement; fair and sensible.

cogent
/ˈkəʊdʒ(ə)nt/

adjective
adjective: cogent
(of an argument or case) clear, logical, and convincing.

The Tanager
Savant

Post #105

Post by The Tanager »

[Replying to William in post #104]

I agreed previously with the caveat that 'valid' meant "logically coherent". I would define 'true' as something like "corresponding to reality." I think reality must be logically coherent, but not all logically coherent things are true. Santa Claus (not the supposed person he's based off of, but the details about a man who delivers presents on Dec. 25th to the whole world, magic, flying reindeer, etc.) is a logically coherent concept, but it's not reality. I would say this 'Santa Claus' is a logically coherent (i.e., valid) way to interpret millions of kids getting presents and stockings filled and all of that, but it's not a true interpretation.

William
Savant

Post #106

Post by William »

[Replying to The Tanager in post #105]
I agreed previously with the caveat that 'valid' meant "logically coherent". I would define 'true' as something like "corresponding to reality."
Okay.

(1) and (3) would seem to be advantageous.
To what advantage? Why would it seem to you to be an advantage?

The Tanager
Savant

Post #107

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:51 pm [Replying to The Tanager in post #105]
(1) and (3) would seem to be advantageous.
To what advantage? Why would it seem to you to be an advantage?
In that knowing the truth is advantageous in knowing that truth and in finding other truths, while simply saying something is logically coherent is not advantageous in these ways.

William
Savant

Post #108

Post by William »

[Replying to The Tanager in post #107]

The next question I asked was:
Your reply:
(3) would seem to be advantageous.
I then asked;
Q: To what advantage?
Q: Why would it seem to you to be an advantage?
You replied that the advantage to having the knowledge that you were grown by YVHV [in relation to being part of the process of exploring, breeding and subduing the plane] is;
In that knowing the truth is advantageous in knowing that truth and in finding other truths
That somewhat answers the "what" question.
How does it answer they "why" question?

Why are humans personalities grown in this environment?

"Knowing the truth" can only be done in relation to the environment, since it is the environment that a human personality first encounters. The question may be asked of the environment and the advantage gained through the answer.

We can clearly see that human beings are indeed multiplying and subduing the earth, if indeed understanding the environment is part of the subduing process, and the truth about it works to be an advantage in finding other truths...

Your answer goes further than the environment, in that the knowing that YVHV is growing human personalities in this environment, and - for those who take that further still - the advantage is for those personalities who connect with YVHV.

As I wrote;
Re
Personalities
I am using the word "grow" in relation to both "Go forth and multiply" and "these [personalities] are for the purpose of then having the potential - to interact with YVHV." and growth being that which nature does - it is the nature of things to grow...

In this sense, YVVH is like unto a gardener...and that which is grown can talk and can commune with YVHV...{SOURCE}
So can we agree that it is an advantage to all individuals connected to YVHV in this manner?

The Tanager
Savant

Post #109

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:57 pmThat somewhat answers the "what" question.
How does it answer they "why" question?

I’m sorry, I thought the “why” was just another way to phrase the “what” question.
William wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:57 pmSo can we agree that it is an advantage to all individuals connected to YVHV in this manner?

If I understand you correctly, I agree.

William
Savant

Post #110

Post by William »

[Replying to The Tanager in post #109]
I’m sorry, I thought the “why” was just another way to phrase the “what” question.
Do you have an answer to the why question?
So can we agree that it is an advantage to all individuals connected to YVHV in this manner?
If I understand you correctly, I agree.
Is there a way of misunderstanding the above?
If not, we can agree.

4: The purpose of YVHV growing human personalities is so that these would potentially gain experience of the truth of the reason for their environment and their temporary experience within it.
5: It is an advantage to all grown personalities to be consciously and consistently connected with YVHV and thus understand and support YVHVs initiatives.

Do you agree?