How is the boredom of God different from that of human beings?

To solve world problems

Moderator: Moderators

sridatta
Banned
Banned

How is the boredom of God different from that of human beings?

Post #1

Post by sridatta »

Boredom comes only to human beings, who are always in the stage of dissatisfaction. A human being goes for an entertainment since he is not satisfied with the existing atmosphere. God is always in satisfied condition and hence, there is no need for God to aspire for entertainment. Hence, you shall not treat God as a human being existing in dissatisfied (not contented) state aspiring for some entertainment.

Hence, in the case of God, you can’t use words like boredom and entertainment. The words like boredom and entertainment used in the case of God by the Veda must be taken in a different angle or a different sense. In the case of God, boredom means that He always existed in the monistic state. In the case of God, entertainment means that He desired for a different variety of state, which is the dualistic state.

Let us take the example of a king in the palace, who is also fully contented. He wants to go to the forest for hunting, which is a different atmosphere other than the palace. You should not say that the king is not contented in the palace and became contented in the forest. In both the places, the king is fully contented. Desire for changing the existing atmosphere is only desire for change in the variety of the atmosphere. You have to carefully understand about the subtle point in this context.

Mae von H
Sage

Re: How is the boredom of God different from that of human beings?

Post #2

Post by Mae von H »

sridatta wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:29 am Boredom comes only to human beings, who are always in the stage of dissatisfaction. A human being goes for an entertainment since he is not satisfied with the existing atmosphere. God is always in satisfied condition and hence, there is no need for God to aspire for entertainment. Hence, you shall not treat God as a human being existing in dissatisfied (not contented) state aspiring for some entertainment.

Hence, in the case of God, you can’t use words like boredom and entertainment. The words like boredom and entertainment used in the case of God by the Veda must be taken in a different angle or a different sense. In the case of God, boredom means that He always existed in the monistic state. In the case of God, entertainment means that He desired for a different variety of state, which is the dualistic state.

Let us take the example of a king in the palace, who is also fully contented. He wants to go to the forest for hunting, which is a different atmosphere other than the palace. You should not say that the king is not contented in the palace and became contented in the forest. In both the places, the king is fully contented. Desire for changing the existing atmosphere is only desire for change in the variety of the atmosphere. You have to carefully understand about the subtle point in this context.
I thought I’d address this old one because it shows first, the experiences or thinking of the speaker. In this case he/she’s always bored and thinks entertainment is the only remedy. Second, it shows that the writer thinks all people are like. For him, all
people are generally bored.

I, for a fact, rarely experience boredom except when stuck in boring meetings. When I have free time and have some energy, I like to learn as opposed to being entertained. And I am actually full of joy if there’s not some acute pressing reason to be of a different frame of mind. My walk with God is thrilling and so my days are neither empty nor fruitless. I, for one, am not at all of the mindset of the author. But I walk with the Creator of variety.