Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Could Jesus have been gay?

Post #1

Post by JJ50 »

The gospel of John specifically mentions that there was a disciple whom Jesus loved, presumably male. As Jesus never condemned homosexuality, it is possible he was gay and enjoying a gay relationship with this particular disciple?

There is nothing wrong with being gay, it is NORMAL! If it could be proved Jesus was gay it would be a slap in the face to all the unpleasant bigots who use the Bible as an excuse for their nasty bigotry where homosexuality is concerned.

A question for the Christians on the forum, just supposing it could be established beyond all doubt that Jesus was a homosexual, would it make any difference to your faith?

oldbadger
Guru

Re: Could Jesus have been gay?

Post #21

Post by oldbadger »

JJ50 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:09 pm The gospel of John specifically mentions that there was a disciple whom Jesus loved, presumably male. As Jesus never condemned homosexuality, it is possible he was gay and enjoying a gay relationship with this particular disciple?
You've overlooked Magdalen.... I reckon they were very close.
But I don't think that Jesus was strongly against gays.
There is nothing wrong with being gay, it is NORMAL! If it could be proved Jesus was gay it would be a slap in the face to all the unpleasant bigots who use the Bible as an excuse for their nasty bigotry where homosexuality is concerned.
If you study the laws of Moses and consider why these were written, then Homosexuality will emerge as normal and common throughout nature as well as humanity.
A question for the Christians on the forum, just supposing it could be established beyond all doubt that Jesus was a homosexual, would it make any difference to your faith?
I can't answer that because I'm not a Christian nor theist.