Why Scientists need to accept the Eastern perspective

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Swami
Sage

Why Scientists need to accept the Eastern perspective

Post #1

Post by Swami »

It is one thing for scientists to acknowledge that we don't experience reality as it is. It's another thing for them to deny help from those who can and have experienced fundamental reality. Scientists that decline the help and insight from others are choosing to remain in ignorance. Should not scientists first learn how to experience what Kant calls the 'noumenal world' before putting any confidence in their theories? :thanks:

Yoga Vasistha,Book I, ch. 3
2 Valmiki replied:— Know, holy saint, that the things seen in this world are deceiving, even as the blueness of the sky is an optical illusion. Therefore it is better to efface them in oblivion rather than to keep their memory. 3 All visible objects have no actual existence. We have no idea of them except through sensation. Inquire into these apprehensions and you will never find them as real.
Scientists confirm this insight.

Last edited by Swami on Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Why Scientists need to accept the Eastern perspective

Post #31

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Swami wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:30 pm
Tcg wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:07 am Which adds to the mystery of why you continue to post on a site titled "Debating Christianity and Religion" in one of our subforums dedicated to debate.
I do not have to honor all requests. Your requests were out of place and that is why I declined to answer.

Your requests do not help answer the question that I posed to the audience.
:thanks:
Ever notice how some claimants consider challenges to their claims "out of place".

Hey Swami, how much did you say you want for that bridge?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin