Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #171

Post by Brightfame52 »

That Jesus Christ is God is plainly taught in the scripture when we consider that Jesus Christ is the Word, which was God Jn 1:1,14

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And the Word which was God was made flesh Vs 14

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So this being made flesh is when and how The Almighty God was manifested in the flesh, which was Miracle upon Miracles 1 Tim 3:16

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

And without this belief, there is no Godliness at all !

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #172

Post by Brightfame52 »

Who is the Amen here in Rev 3:14 ?

Rev 3:14

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

We know who it is speaking in the verse, however what does He mean by calling Himself the Amen ? Here in the greek it reads :

ὁ Ἀμήν ὁ μάρτυς ὁ πιστὸς

It has the greek definite Article, so He is the One and Only Amen ! From Hebrew it means, firm , stedfast, ot Trustworthy, hence He claims Himself to be, The Lord, the Firm Steadfast one, The Trustworthy one, the God of Truth Isa 65:16

16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

The Amen; one steady and unchangeable in all his purposes and promises.

He is the God of Truth Ps 31:5

Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.

Remember when Stephen was about to die, notice what he said and whom he specifically said it to Acts 7:59-60

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Calling upon God, and saying Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. Jesus the Lord God was his redeemer.

Jesus is the God of Truth, the one and Only Amen ! Speaking of Him in His Divine Nature. 36

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #173

Post by Brightfame52 »

The Lord Jesus Christ is God when we consider the scriptures as follows, Here in Ps 110:1

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

He is Identified as the Lord adoni. It is here we have Jehovah The Father saying to His Son Adoni or Lord,

Which is the same Lord as here Isa 6:1-3

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord[adoni] sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

And we know from other scripture that this refers to Jesus Christ Jn 12:39-41

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

And we know that Isaiah also identifies the Lord adoni as here and Ps 110:1 as the Lord of Jehovah of Hosts Isa 6:3,5

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord[Yĕhovah] of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord[Yĕhovah] of hosts.

Again, this was Jesus Christ seen , we know from Jn 12:41

These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

To deny this clear Teaching out of the scripture, is flat out rejection of Scriptural Testimony and Calling God a Liar, For this is God's Word making Testimony of His Son 1 Jn 5:10

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #174

Post by Brightfame52 »

Jesus is God because?

Jesus is God because , because God shall Judge the World by that Man Christ Jesus, in His Person Acts 17:31

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

That Man is His Son the God Man Mediator 1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

As Mediator He is Man, as God He is the Eternal Word Jn 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Now, scripture states that God is said to be the Judge Himself, apart from any other Ps 50:6

6 And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah.

Then it must be that the Man ordained of God in Acts 17:31, must also be God, or scripture here in Ps 50:6 must not be accurate in its Testimony, and scripture is very clear that God is to Judge the World Righteously Rom 3:5-6

5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)

6 God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?

Look here at Ps 96:13

Before the Lord: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

The Lord here is Jehovah who is to be coming to Judge the Earth !

Is it not therefore the Same Lord Here in Jude 1:14-15

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Now who is the Lord here that cometh with a multitude of His Saints to Judge ? Its Christ !

So again, the Man in Acts 17:31, is the God Man, the Jehovah Man Christ ! 37

Savant

Post #175

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:13 am ...

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Now who is the Lord here that cometh with a multitude of His Saints to Judge ? Its Christ !

So again, the Man in Acts 17:31, is the God Man, the Jehovah Man Christ ! 37
I think it is good to notice also that Jesus said:

I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don’t seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
John 5:30

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #176

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to 1213 in post #175]

Okay noticed, did you notice what I posted ?

Savant

Post #177

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:37 am [Replying to 1213 in post #175]

Okay noticed, did you notice what I posted ?
I noticed that you didn't have John 5:30, which I think is crucial for to understand Jesus and God correctly.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #178

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to 1213 in post #177]

You can add it if you like, doesnt change anything.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #179

Post by Brightfame52 »

Is Jesus claiming to be God here ?

Rev 21:6-7

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Now who is saying they are Alpha and Omega here Rev 1:11

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Savant

Post #180

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:53 pm Is Jesus claiming to be God here ?

Rev 21:6-7

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Why do you think it is Jesus speaking and not God?