Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

YourWordIsTruth
Student

Malachi 3:1 The Coming of Yahweh

Post #1

Post by YourWordIsTruth »

Malachi 3:1 The Coming of Yahweh

“Behold I sending messenger of Me and he will prepare Way before Me, and suddenly He will Come to temple of Him the Lord, Whom you seeking, and the Messenger of the Covenant, Whom you delighted behold Coming says Yahweh of Hosts” (Literal English from the Hebrew)

It is very clear from this passage in Malachi, which is a Prophecy of the Coming of Yahweh, as Spoken by Yahweh Himself.

The first “mălʼâk”, messenger, is none other than John the Baptist. As we read in Mark 1:1-4

“The beginning of the Good News of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. As it is written in the prophets, “Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way before you: the voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Make ready the way of the Lord! Make his paths straight!’” John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching the baptism of repentance for forgiveness of sins”

The citation in this passage in Mark, is from two Prophecies in the Old Testament, on the Great Coming of Yahweh. The first is from the passage in Malachi 3:1, and the second, from Isaiah 40:3-5:

“The voice of one who calls out, “Prepare the way of Yahweh in the wilderness! Make a level highway in the desert for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low. The uneven shall be made level, and the rough places a plain. Yahweh’s glory shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; for the mouth of Yahweh has spoken it.”
In both passages, we have The Speaker as Yahweh Himself, Who Speaks of His own Coming.

The second “mălʼâk”, we have in Malachi 3:1, is “The Messenger of the Covenant”, Who is also “The Lord (hā•’ā•ḏō•wn)”, Jesus Christ.

The Way prepared by John the Baptist, is for the Coming of Yahweh Himself, Who is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ. The Four Gospel Accounts are very clear, that the passage in Isaiah, is fulfilled in the First Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is also The Coming of ʼĕlôhîym.

It is abundantly clear from the actual Testimony of Scripture, that The Coming of Jesus Christ, is the fulfilment of Old Testament Prophecy, for The Coming of Yahweh.

It is beyond comprehension, how some would argue, that Jesus Christ is in any way “inferior” to God the Father, and not Almighty God? The Testimony from the very Word of God, in the Holy Bible, clearly Teaches, that God the Son, Himself Yahweh, was the Person Who Came, Who was Born of the Virgin Mary.

There is not a single verse in the entire 66 Books of the Holy Bible, that says, God the Father ever came to earth!

Both passages of Prophecy in the Old Testament, are literally fulfilled in The Coming of The Lord Jesus Christ.

We have in Malachi and Isaiah, Jesus Christ as referred to as Yahweh and ʼĕlôhîym, which is impossible to be used for a created person, or anyone who is not Almighty God. The Name Yahweh means the Uncreated, Eternal, Self-Existing, Creator God.

Anyone who will still believe in the heresy, that Jesus Christ is a created person, and not coequal with God the Father, especially when the Bible Teaches that He is, has been deceived by the father of lies, the devil!

No other conclusion can be arrived at, from the Testimony of Scripture, as we see, that Jesus Christ is indeed Himself, YHWH, and therefore 100% COEQUAL with God the Father, in the Eternal Godhead.

Miles
Savant

Re: Malachi 3:1 The Coming of Yahweh

Post #2

Post by Miles »

So, what is it you wanted to debate?

Savant

Post #3

Post by 1213 »

YourWordIsTruth wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:07 am Malachi 3:1 The Coming of Yahweh

“Behold I sending messenger of Me and he will prepare Way before Me, and suddenly He will Come to temple of Him the Lord, Whom you seeking, and the Messenger of the Covenant, Whom you delighted behold Coming says Yahweh of Hosts” (Literal English from the Hebrew)
That is interesting. Jesus can be called the messenger of the covenant, because the new covenant was established through him. Which is why he can be said to be like Moses.

Yahweh your God will raise up to you a prophet from the midst of you, of your brothers, like me; to him you shall listen;
Deu 18:15
YourWordIsTruth wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:07 am...It is beyond comprehension, how some would argue, that Jesus Christ is in any way “inferior” to God the Father, and not Almighty God? The Testimony from the very Word of God, in the Holy Bible, clearly Teaches, that God the Son, Himself Yahweh, was the Person Who Came, Who was Born of the Virgin Mary.
Why are you arguing against Jesus? He says there is only one true God that is greater than him and that he could not do anything without God.

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don’t seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
John 5:30

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to YourWordIsTruth in post #1]

Moderator Action

Moved due to no question for debate.

Moderator actions indicate that a thread/post has been locked, moved, merged, or split.

YourWordIsTruth
Student

Post #5

1213 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:13 am
YourWordIsTruth wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:07 am Malachi 3:1 The Coming of Yahweh

That is interesting. Jesus can be called the messenger of the covenant, because the new covenant was established through him. Which is why he can be said to be like Moses.

Yahweh your God will raise up to you a prophet from the midst of you, of your brothers, like me; to him you shall listen;
Deu 18:15
YourWordIsTruth wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:07 am...It is beyond comprehension, how some would argue, that Jesus Christ is in any way “inferior” to God the Father, and not Almighty God? The Testimony from the very Word of God, in the Holy Bible, clearly Teaches, that God the Son, Himself Yahweh, was the Person Who Came, Who was Born of the Virgin Mary.
Why are you arguing against Jesus? He says there is only one true God that is greater than him and that he could not do anything without God.

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don’t seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
John 5:30
The OP shows very clearly, that the Bible teaches that Jesus Christ is YHWH!

YourWordIsTruth
Student

Post #6

Miles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:59 am .
So, what is it you wanted to debate?

Jesus Christ is YHWH

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to YourWordIsTruth in post #1
No other conclusion can be arrived at, from the Testimony of Scripture, as we see, that Jesus Christ is indeed Himself, YHWH, and therefore 100% COEQUAL with God the Father, in the Eternal Godhead.
Have you read the recent discussion about the logical impossibility of God making a rock too heavy for God to lift? In that discussion I pointed out that

"Jesus could not have simultaneously been 100% temptable human (Hebrews 4:15) and 100% untemptable God (James 1:13), since that would be the same kind of logical impossibility."

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to YourWordIsTruth in post #1

I also submit this for consideration:

viewtopic.php?t=36956

YourWordIsTruth
Student

Post #9

Athetotheist wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:56 am [Replying to YourWordIsTruth in post #1
Have you read the recent discussion about the logical impossibility of God making a rock too heavy for God to lift? In that discussion I pointed out that

"Jesus could not have simultaneously been 100% temptable human (Hebrews 4:15) and 100% untemptable God (James 1:13), since that would be the same kind of logical impossibility."
there is your problem, right in what you say. you use the word LOGICAL!

The Bible says in 1 Timothy 3:16, "And without controversy great is the Mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory"

The Incarnation, where God, while remaining God, becomes visible in "human form", which is all to clear in Philippians 2:5-8, where we read of Jesus Christ the God-Man.

The same is Foretold in Prophecy in Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given...His Name is called...Mighty God". This Child and Son, is Jesus Christ, Who is the Eternal Mighty God. In Isaiah 10:21, we read of Yahweh as Mighty God, the equivalent Hebrew is used in both places, “’êl Gibbôr”, where even the Jehovah's Witnesses, who deny that Jesus Christ is God, translate the Hebrew in both places, "Mighty God". Isaiah 9:6 Teaches what Paul says in Philippians 2, that Jesus Christ, as God, becomes man, though without any sin, The God-Man.

We cannot use human "logic", to understand the Great Eternal God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by Athetotheist »

:( [Replying to YourWordIsTruth in post #9
there is your problem, right in what you say. you use the word LOGICAL!

The Bible says in 1 Timothy 3:16, "And without controversy great is the Mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory"
This is a circular argument, using the Bible to prove the Bible.
The same is Foretold in Prophecy in Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given...His Name is called...Mighty God".
Many Hebrew names include God; that doesn't mean that the recipient of the name is God. The name Eli literally means "my God"; were any Israelites who named their sons Eli proclaiming that their children were God? In Genesis 33:20, an altar is named "God, the God of Israel"; was the altar the God of Israel?
We cannot use human "logic", to understand the Great Eternal God
I agree that the unfathomable mystery behind the universe is beyond human comprehension, but Christianity doesn't have an exclusive right to simply be deemed a mystery. The same claim can be made for the gods of Olympus or Asgard.