Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Are you a creationist?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Hi all,

The thing about creation is that we do it every moment.

- I look at a lump of matter and make it into my wife every day of my marriage.

- Apparently, there is a bunch of atoms that I recognise every day how to get back to and I call it my home.

The day you are not a creationist, you likely have lost your mind.

Are you a creationist? Thoughts?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Re: Are you a creationist?

Post #151

Post by TRANSPONDER »

OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:32 pm
brunumb wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:22 pm
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:29 am
brunumb wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:06 am
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:09 am
brunumb wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:03 am
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:43 am
brunumb wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:37 am
OneWay wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:57 pm It does not matter if the book of Genesis is real or not real,
the fact of the matter is that the man, God created named Adam, exist in the book of Genesis.
In that case, why should anyone care?
Why should anyone care about anything?
Perhaps it would be of some value if you actually answered the question.
Cut and past any question you say I have not answered.
Question in red. Response in blue. The response does not answer the question.
You must excuse me if I reach the conclusion that we are being trolled.
I did answer the question.
I asked you why should anyone care? Now you answer the question.
You did not answer my question. You simply asked me another question. Is English not your first language? Or are you simply trolling us and wasting our time? Going back through all your posts it seems you are not here to contribute anything.
My oh my how did you get to be so wise. I am overwhelmed by it.
Time for a translation. Theist to English "I can't or won't answer your question, so I will do some sarcastic sneering". In fact I tend to see this "Oh you are so very clever" type of sneer as a grudging realisation that the other fellow is in fact the wiser.

If Adam is just a character in a mythological tale, why indeed would it matter? If you can't or won't, it means he wins. As I recall,YOUR question was answered (refuted) but you asked it again below the answer .(1)

Your argument seems to be going down the tube and taking the religious credit with it.

(1) or maybe not. You tried a red herring of asking who decides the accuracy of Genesis. Short answer, Science refutes it. But as the Mod says, there is a thread on it. But the point you ignore is that IF (as you implied hypothetically) Genesis was a mythological tale, that Adam was a character means nothing and (as exhaustively refuted) imagining a character though an act of human imaginative creation is not a validation of claimed divine creation, nor does it make everyone creationists, which has a very specific meaning.

On every level, evidence, logic and even intellectual integrity, you have lost ground on this one.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #152

Post by OneWay »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:55 pm
OneWay wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:57 pm It does not matter if the book of Genesis is real or not real,
the fact of the matter is that the man, God created named Adam, exist in the book of Genesis.
You did not answer my question. You simply asked me another question. Is English not your first language? Or are you simply trolling us and wasting our time? Going back through all your posts it seems you are not here to contribute anything.
Time for a translation. Theist to English "I can't or won't answer your question, so I will do some sarcastic sneering". In fact I tend to see this "Oh you are so very clever" type of sneer as a grudging realisation that the other fellow is in fact the wiser.

If Adam is just a character in a mythological tale, why indeed would it matter? If you can't or won't, it means he wins. As I recall,YOUR question was answered (refuted) but you asked it again below the answer .(1)

Your argument seems to be going down the tube and taking the religious credit with it.

(1) or maybe not. You tried a red herring of asking who decides the accuracy of Genesis. Short answer, Science refutes it. But as the Mod says, there is a thread on it. But the point you ignore is that IF (as you implied hypothetically) Genesis was a mythological tale, that Adam was a character means nothing and (as exhaustively refuted) imagining a character though an act of human imaginative creation is not a validation of claimed divine creation, nor does it make everyone creationists, which has a very specific meaning.

On every level, evidence, logic and even intellectual integrity, you have lost ground on this one.
Are there people in your life, who have to rely on your decisions and judgements and have to endure
whatever they bring upon them, other than just you?

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #153

Post by TRANSPONDER »

OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:11 pm

Are there people in your life, who have to rely on your decisions and judgements and have to endure
As it happens, yes, so what does that have to do with anything? I could express concern that there may be people who are affected by the judgements of someone who reasons as poorly as you do, but i fail to see the relevance.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #154

Post by OneWay »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:25 pm
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:43 am Why should anyone care about anything?

As it happens, yes, so what does that have to do with anything? I could express concern that there may be people who are affected by the judgements of someone who reasons as poorly as you do, but i fail to see the relevance.
In life, there are many times that you will have to step out in faith because
there is no way to measure the accuracy of the evidence that is presented before you.
That is the relevancy that you fail to see, and the reason being you are a failure at it is
because you have a carnal mind and spirit and cannot forsake and let go of the things
that enslave you to only that to which you can see and comprehend in your carnal mind
and spirit. Thus you are always contained within the limitations of the boundaries
where there is nothing but death and hell at the end of it all.

If that is to far above your understanding
then please forgive me.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #155

Post by JoeyKnothead »

OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:34 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:08 am
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:43 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:28 am
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:44 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:40 am I'll take that to mean you can't show the book of Genesis is an accurate record in this matter.
Who or what determines it's accuracy. You answer that then I will tell you.
This is a common theist tactic to avoid showing they speak truth.

I propose if you could show you speak truth, you wouldn't fret to show ya do.
This is a debate. You do not make the rules. Your tactic is when you can not rise to the challenge
is to deflect with some nonsense such as

" This is a common theist tactic to avoid showing they speak truth.

I propose if you could show you speak truth, you wouldn't fret to show ya do."

If you cannot or will not tell me who or what determines the accuracy of the book of Genesis

YOU LOSE THE DEBATE.
This is a debate, you don't make the rules.

The observer'll decide winners and losers.
No the truth will decide the winner. And if you can't reply then the debate is over.
This is a reply.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #156

Post by JoeyKnothead »

OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:59 pm

there is no way to measure the accuracy of the evidence that is presented before you.
That is the relevancy that you fail to see, and the reason being you are a failure at it is
because you have a carnal mind and spirit and cannot forsake and let go of the things
that enslave you to only that to which you can see and comprehend in your carnal mind
and spirit. Thus you are always contained within the limitations of the boundaries

then please forgive me.
Can anyone here break a one? I gotta put some money in the plate.
-Punkinhead Martin

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #157

Post by OneWay »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:06 pm
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:59 pm
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:09 am Cut and past any question you say I have not answered.

then please forgive me.
Can anyone here break a one? I gotta put some money in the plate.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #158

Post by JoeyKnothead »

OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:59 pm Are there people in your life, who have to rely on your decisions and judgements and have to endure whatever they bring upon them, other than just you?
Not gonna work on me. I'm confined to my property by legal / psychiatric order, and the pretty thing has control of the finances.

My point about the collection plate was your preaching about...
...because you have a carnal mind and spirit and cannot forsake and let go of the things
You're just another theist who thinks preaching is debate.
-Punkinhead Martin

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #159

Post by OneWay »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:39 am
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:59 pm Are there people in your life, who have to rely on your decisions and judgements and have to endure whatever they bring upon them, other than just you?
Not gonna work on me. I'm confined to my property by legal / psychiatric order, and the pretty thing has control of the finances.

...because you have a carnal mind and spirit and cannot forsake and let go of the things
I am not even a Christian and I do not believe
everything written in the bible is the truth.

So your theory about me is all incorrect.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #160

Post by JoeyKnothead »

OneWay wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:43 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:39 am

I am not even a Christian and I do not believe
everything written in the bible is the truth.

So your theory about me is all incorrect.
Where in my comment did I call you a Christian?

Your hypothesis is incorrect.
-Punkinhead Martin