Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

tam
Savant

Does Christ speak and how?

Post #1

Post by tam »

May you have peace!

A question that continues to be posed to me is with regard to my bearing witness to a living and speaking Christ. How does He speak? What does that mean? How can we test that?

I imagine that one reason the questions are continually posed to me is because I cannot provide the proof that some are asking me to provide. I can only provide evidence in the form of:

a) Personal testimony from having heard Christ
b) The written testimony of or about others who have heard Christ
c) What Christ Himself is written to have said on the matter

If none of the above are acceptable to someone, then I am not sure what more that person and I would have to talk about on this particular matter. We could hopefully discuss respectfully from a point of love, reason, logic. For those who are interested...

Christ said that His sheep would hear His voice.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27

"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.…" John 10:14-16

Written testimony about/from others who heard His voice, confirming the truth of what He said:

The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot and stay near it." Acts 8:29

In Damascus, there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!"

"Yes Lord," he answered.

The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."
(Acts 9:10,11... and it continues)

There is Peter's vision telling him that he should eat foods that he considered unclean, and then after his vision:

While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit (Christ) said to him, "Simon, three men are looking for you. So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them." (Acts 10: 9-20)

There are of course multiple examples from Paul. The entire book of Revelation is from Christ to John. There is a warning against hardening our hearts if we hear His voice.

As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion." Hebrews 3:15

Then of course there are the examples of Abraham, who heard, Noah, who heard, the prophets, who heard, Joseph, who heard, Daniel, who heard, etc, etc. Their faith is based upon the evidence of what they heard.

My own personal testimony

I did not always know that Christ spoke, and I did not always recognize that voice within me as being His. But someone else bore witness to a living speaking Christ, and it bothered me, lol. I had just ended a two year bible study with a certain denomination, and I did not want to get misled by man ever gain. But here was this person claiming that Christ spoke. If I believed this person, that they were from God, then what was wrong with me that I allowed myself to get misled yet again. On the other hand, what was wrong with me if this person did hear Christ, and I rejected them?

But soon into my dilemma (and my asking how I might know, even though I thought I was just asking myself) I heard:

Test WHAT this person is saying. Test the message. Do not pay attention to the person. Test to see if what this person is saying is true, or not. Then you will know who this person is from.

I still did not know this was Christ speaking to me. I just thought, "Oh, of course... that is what I will do."

So that is what I did. Along the way, I saw all these verses and examples and testimony that Christ does indeed speak, that God spoke also, though now speaks through Christ. In dreams, in visions, in direct words, in reminders, in opening eyes and ears to a truth that one might read, see, or hear. Once I realized that Christ is supposed to speak, I asked for ears to hear as well. Even though I did hear Him; I just did not know I heard Him. I needed to learn His voice and recognize Him.

I was asked how does He speak

He speaks in words. He speaks in visions (I have never had a vision that I am aware of). He speaks in dreams. He can also bring to mind something learned, read, or experienced in the past to help me see the truth in something He is teaching me. He has opened my eyes to something that is written, if I am reading the bible. He can and has read to me something that He is written to have said, so that I hear it in His voice. That was enlightening.

Sometimes when I am responding to something that someone else has asked, He will give me the words to say, or reveal something to me (as in open my heart and ears to understanding something) that I had not previously understood.

The language that He speaks is truth. He has never spoken anything to me that was not true, and that was not from love. And everything He teaches me deepens my understanding of love: His love and the love of His Father.

(As for testing the inspired expression... anything that is in conflict with what Christ teaches cannot be true. Also Christ (truth) comes from love (God), so nothing that He says will be in conflict with love. Especially since the law that is written upon our hearts in the new covenant is the law of love.)

I do not expect anyone to take my word for these things. I do not take the word of others for what they claim came from Christ. I explained above what I did, what I heard from Christ TO do.

If I have shared anything that helps anyone, then great. If not, then no problem. I am not the one people should be listening to if they are following or desiring to follow Christ... I can only point TO that One: Christ Jaheshua, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, the Chosen One of Jah. Christ, who is Himself, the faithful and true witness of His Father, Jah.

If one wants to know the truth of this matter themselves... then ask Christ. That is how one can confirm for themselves. Ask for ears to hear, and in the meantime DO what He has said to do, so that you prove yourself to Him. He does not have to prove Himself to us.

"If anyone loves me, they will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with (in) them."

(Please note that He says that they will obey HIS teaching. Not man's teaching. Not religion or religious leaders, not Paul, not the law, or anyone or anything else over Him. If we love HIM... we will obey HIM. If we love someone or something else more, then we will listen to and obey that one/thing. Including if we love our religion more than Him, although we might not realize it at the time. Including if we think the bible is the Word of God, especially when even that book states that Christ is the Word of God; and Christ himself said, "You diligently search the scriptures because you think that by them you have eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify about ME, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.")

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear, to get a sense of these things, and to hear as the Spirit (Christ) and the bride SAY to you, "Come... take the free gift of the water of life."

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

tam
Savant

Re: Does Christ speak and how?

Post #281

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

[Replying to OneWay in post #279]

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and answered your questions out of love (for my Lord first, and for you, and for the sake of the reader). But you seemed very quick to make an accusation against me, and possibly even a judgment (one that is not yours to make, re: entering the Kingdom). The question I asked you in turn should demonstrate to you (and the reader) that your accusation on this matter was misplaced. I am not disobeying Christ by loving my parents, neighbors, and even enemies.

Christ said that one cannot be His disciple unless one hates mother, father, even one's own life.... but He also commanded us to love God with our whole heart, mind, soul; to love our neighbor as ourselves; to love even our enemies; and to love one another as He has loved us. Those two statements can be reconciled with context and understanding.

The bottom line though is that we are to love Christ and God MOST and FIRST, putting their will first, even before our own will.

Peace again to you,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

tam
Savant

Post #282

Post by tam »

[Replying to William in post #280]

William, I do not see how I could possibly respond more in depth to your questions than I have already responded. I do not think I have anything more to add to what has already been said.

Peace again to you.

tam
Savant

Post #283

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
OneWay wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:16 am
tam wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:13 am Peace again to you,
OneWay wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:48 pm
tam wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:29 pm Peace to you,
OneWay wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:16 pm
tam wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:58 pm Peace to you,
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:47 pm
tam wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:12 pm Peace to you, oneway,
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:05 am

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth:
I came not to send peace, but a sword.
I'm not really sure what your point is, but this is the command that Christ gave:

5 “When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ 6 If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you.

And what He did,

Eight days later, His disciples were once again inside with the doors locked, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you."

(Many people are in their homes when reading these posts)

Certainly there is not going to be peace in the world, since some accept and some reject, and Christ came to speak and teach what is true (even though many would reject that truth and He, Himself). But if we love Christ, then we will obey His commands (John 14: 15, 21, 23) - one of which is to offer a blessing of peace.
John
Chapter 8
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Indeed. What one does with their freedom and who they choose to serve, is up to them. Just as Christ came to serve, and made Himself a least one, just as He also said that we are to serve one another, and that whoever wishes to be greatest must be least. Note also that the apostles and other disciples referred to themselves as slaves/servants of Christ also, and surely you would agree that Christ/the Truth had set them free, yes?

Peace again to you,
tammy
Do you agree that anyone who commits sin is a servant to sin?
Yes or no?
Only if and until the Son (the Truth) sets that person free.

Peace again to you.
Do you stop committing sin when the Son makes you free?

Yes or no?
Try not to... but I also know that I am a sinner. The difference is that I belong to my Lord, He purchased me with His own blood, and if/when I do sin, I have Him to intercede with the Father on my behalf. My sins are forgiven (fore-give = something given beforehand) in Him.

Peace again to you.
You are still servant to sin.
You should help yourself and stop lying to yourself.

And Jesus did not buy you with anything.
You have to be born into the Kingdom of God.
Acts 20:28; 1 Corinthians 6:20 (Christ did indeed purchase us who belong to Him with His blood).

He also intercedes on behalf of His Bride as our High Priest:

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—[Jesus] Christ, the Righteous One.

Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because [Jesus] lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely[c] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26 Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

Peace again to you.
Them words are not going to save you, nor will they deliver you from
being a servant to sin.
It is true that 'them words' cannot save me. Only THE Word (Christ, the Living Word of God) can do that.

Peace again to you.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #284

Post by OneWay »

tam wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:47 am Peace to you,
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:05 am

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth:
I came not to send peace, but a sword.
I'm not really sure what your point is, but this is the command that Christ gave:

5 “When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ 6 If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you.

And what He did,

Eight days later, His disciples were once again inside with the doors locked, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you."

Certainly there is not going to be peace in the world, since some accept and some reject, and Christ came to speak and teach what is true (even though many would reject that truth and He, Himself). But if we love Christ, then we will obey His commands (John 14: 15, 21, 23) - one of which is to offer a blessing of peace.
John
Chapter 8
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Indeed. What one does with their freedom and who they choose to serve, is up to them. Just as Christ came to serve, and made Himself a least one, just as He also said that we are to serve one another, and that whoever wishes to be greatest must be least. Note also that the apostles and other disciples referred to themselves as slaves/servants of Christ also, and surely you would agree that Christ/the Truth had set them free, yes?

Peace again to you,
tammy
Yes or no?

Peace again to you.

Yes or no?
Try not to... but I also know that I am a sinner. The difference is that I belong to my Lord, He purchased me with His own blood, and if/when I do sin, I have Him to intercede with the Father on my behalf. My sins are forgiven (fore-give = something given beforehand) in Him.

Peace again to you.

Acts 20:28; 1 Corinthians 6:20 (Christ did indeed purchase us who belong to Him with His blood).

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—[Jesus] Christ, the Righteous One.

Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because [Jesus] lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely[c] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26 Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

Peace again to you.
being a servant to sin.
It is true that 'them words' cannot save me. Only THE Word (Christ, the Living Word of God) can do that.

Peace again to you.
Of Course God can save you.
But that has not happen at this present point in time.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #285

Post by OneWay »

tam wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:41 am Peace to you,

[Replying to OneWay in post #279]

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and answered your questions out of love (for my Lord first, and for you, and for the sake of the reader). But you seemed very quick to make an accusation against me, and possibly even a judgment (one that is not yours to make, re: entering the Kingdom). The question I asked you in turn should demonstrate to you (and the reader) that your accusation on this matter was misplaced. I am not disobeying Christ by loving my parents, neighbors, and even enemies.

Christ said that one cannot be His disciple unless one hates mother, father, even one's own life.... but He also commanded us to love God with our whole heart, mind, soul; to love our neighbor as ourselves; to love even our enemies; and to love one another as He has loved us. Those two statements can be reconciled with context and understanding.

The bottom line though is that we are to love Christ and God MOST and FIRST, putting their will first, even before our own will.

Peace again to you,
tammy
Here is the love of Christ...

Revelation 2:23
And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know
that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give
unto every one of you according to your works.

tam
Savant

Post #286

Post by tam »

OneWay wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:52 am

And what He did,

Peace again to you,
tammy
Yes or no?

Peace again to you.

Yes or no?

Peace again to you.

Peace again to you.
being a servant to sin.

Peace again to you.
My Lord has saved me, dear one. I may be a good for nothing servant, and I am undeserving, but I am one of His sheep.

Peace again to you.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #287

Post by OneWay »

tam wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:58 am
OneWay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:47 pm Do you agree that anyone who commits sin is a servant to sin?
Yes or no?

Peace again to you.

Yes or no?

Peace again to you.

Peace again to you.
being a servant to sin.

Peace again to you.
My Lord has saved me, dear one. I may be a good for nothing servant, and I am undeserving, but I am one of His sheep.

Peace again to you.
No your not.
I asked Jesus and he said he did not know you.

tam
Savant

Post #288

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
OneWay wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:20 am

Peace again to you.

Yes or no?

Peace again to you.

Peace again to you.
being a servant to sin.

Peace again to you.

Peace again to you.
No your not.
Dear one, my Lord's name is Jaheshua. Not "Jesus" <- that was never the name of Christ. It is just a name that men use based upon tradition and familiarity, but not a name that is based upon truth.

I know to whom I belong, and I will not doubt Him. My dear Lord has never lied to me or led me wrong.

I am not going to do a pointless back and forth with you on the matter though. I think the previous couple of pages should be enough of a demonstration to the reader (as it should also to you) that your earlier accusation was without merit.

Peace again to you.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #289

Post by OneWay »

tam wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:38 am Peace to you,
OneWay wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:20 am
OneWay wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:16 pm Do you stop committing sin when the Son makes you free?

Yes or no?

Peace again to you.

Peace again to you.
being a servant to sin.

Peace again to you.

Peace again to you.
No your not.
Dear one, my Lord's name is Jaheshua. Not "Jesus" <- that was never the name of Christ. It is just a name that men use based upon tradition and familiarity, but not a name that is based upon truth.

I know to whom I belong, and I will not doubt Him. My dear Lord has never lied to me or led me wrong.

I am not going to do a pointless back and forth with you on the matter though. I think the previous couple of pages should be enough of a demonstration to the reader (as it should also to you) that your earlier accusation was without merit.

Peace again to you.
lol

William
Savant

Post #290

Post by William »

tam wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:37 pm Peace again,
[Replying to William in post #124]

Your sharing re hearing a voice which you do not consider to being your own, begs that response and is the reason why folk want to discuss you with yourself...want to know who you are and why you are telling us about this voice you are hearing which you claim is the voice of The Christ.
And I think I have been very open in responding to those questions while bearing witness to a living and speaking Christ.
Are you claiming to hear the voice of Christ inside your head as a distinct and separate voice to your own internal dialog? Your response to my questions regarding that, are not as open as you obviously think that they are. More clarity is required in order that there is some way in which the reader can test the validity of your claims.

I wrote in the other thread;

I have also wondered and questioned you on your position Tammy, and as we both know - I have been annoyed by your statements to do with hearing Christ as a 'voice'.
Presently I treat your witness in the same way as I treat anyone's witness re hearing a voice/hearing voices, and as 'the voices' [re that real phenomena] present themselves in two main ways - nice and nasty - consider the voice you are listening to and to which you publicly identify as being "Christ" as 'nice' rather than as with Joey Knothead, who tells us his voice is "Nasty".

I know that we have touched on this in our interactions and that you are uncomfortable with this comparison type of analysis, but since both you and Joey have been open to share the experience of your voices, I feel I have no option but to hear you both out, as well as source other stories of other folk and hear what they have to say, in order to try and understand the phenomena folk claim to be taking place.

This is as far as I have got to date;
Re: Do demons exist? Can that be tested?

so I am just reporting through this interjection method, where and why I think your observations re folk discussing you (instead of the topic), derives.

Your sharing re hearing a voice which you do not consider to being your own, begs that response and is the reason why folk want to discuss you with yourself...want to know who you are and why you are telling us about this voice you are hearing which you claim is the voice of The Christ.

Please consider my observations and explain to the reader why we should accept that the voice you hear is the voice of Christ and not a mental hallucination.

I created an entire thread for just that purpose (to explain, and to try and keep from derailing other threads from their actual topic). I think I posted the link above.
Yes you did - and I responded in this thread a few posts back and am awaiting your answers.
Peace again.
Peace.
tam wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:43 am [Replying to William in post #280]

William, I do not see how I could possibly respond more in depth to your questions than I have already responded. I do not think I have anything more to add to what has already been said.

Peace again to you.
Ongoing Confirmation.
You are still missing the point Clownboat.

Tam is clearly enough saying that 'having Christ teach us' isn't the same as "Tam telling us what she believes Christ is telling her."

In that, Tam is saying that she has ongoing confirmation that what she refers to as 'The voice of Christ teaching" is telling her the truth, and so in order for another to have the same experience, the other must also somehow connect with the voice of Christ and through the ongoing confirmation establish an integration between ones personality-voice and the Christ-voice...

We can of course, argue re that - "confirmation bias" but as Tam addresses, it is important to be able to distinguish between what the personality tells itself and what the voice of The Lord tells the personality.

The way I would say it, is that the process allows for one come to a place where there would be no distinction between self-voice and Christ -voice which is real/noticeable and such takes time and discipline to accomplish in a genuine manner.

Meantime, there is a work in progress occurring...thus "it is not my knowledge or wisdom, but rather, His." is acknowledging some understanding of the process re said work in progress re whatever "This is something my Lord has confirmed to me" might be - as in - what Tam chooses to share with us that she thinks of as "confirmation".
When you criticize the things that you believe are "not of your dear Lord", where are you getting you confirmation from?

This is me, having communication with another, about 'voices' and 'the voice of Christ'.

viewtopic.php?p=1103034#p1103034