Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #181

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to 1213 in post #180]

Right here in Rev 21 Its the Father saying He is Alpha and Omega and begin and ending,

But Christ gives Himself the same appellation in Rev 1:7-8

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

So they share the same Divine Essence in the God Head.

Savant

Post #182

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:12 am [Replying to 1213 in post #180]

Right here in Rev 21 Its the Father saying He is Alpha and Omega and begin and ending,

But Christ gives Himself the same appellation in Rev 1:7-8

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

So they share the same Divine Essence in the God Head.
Sorry, I don't think it is Jesus who is saying that. I think it is God who is telling what will happen.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #183

Post by Brightfame52 »

O t Scripture applied to Jesus makes Him God !

The fact that the scriptures teach that Jesus is God, by applying OT statements said only of God, to have them in the NT by Apostles applied to Jesus, proves He is God, and for those who still oppose it, only shows that they are men with depraved minds, reprobate concerning the Faith and Truth 2 Tim 3:8 !

Here goes one such comparison, for of God alone it is said here Ps 102:24-27

24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.

25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:

27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

The word God up in Vs 24 is 'el and means:

D.God, the one true God, Jehovah

Now all these things said of God here, is applied and said of the Son, by the Father here Heb 1:8-12

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Now for this not to be embraced and acknowledged as scripture Evidence of the Son of God, The Lord Jesus Christ being God of Ps 102:24-27 speaks of reprobation to the Truth ! Avoid such !

The word reprobation also means from an American dictionary:

Theology , rejection by God, as of persons excluded from the number of the elect or from salvation.

I wholeheartedly accept and believe this definition!

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #184

Post by Brightfame52 »

Believe on Him and be saved !

We know that Jesus Christ is God from scripture Testimony such as " Believe on Him and be saved " so said the Apostle here Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

And we know that can only apply to God Isa 45:21-23

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #185

Post by OneWay »

Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:03 am Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !
Jesus was the name of God when He walked as a man on earth.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #186

Post by Brightfame52 »

In his name shall the Gentiles trust !

We know Jesus is God because it is written specifically of Him this Matt 12:17-21

17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

21 And in his name[Jesus] shall the Gentiles trust.

And we know that its outright Idolatry Trust in any Name But God Jer 17:5

5 Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.

Some hold to the lie that Jesus was a mere man, you then are calling those Gentiles of Matt 12:21 cursed !

Ps 9:10

And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Ps 20:7

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.

Zep 3:12

I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the Lord. 38

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #187

Post by Brightfame52 »

Adoration and Worship to Him !

We know that Jesus is God from the Adoration and Worship He receives from the Angels and the Redeemed along with His Father, so to say Jn 5:23

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Which if Christ the Son was not God, would contradict Isa 42:8

I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

That word Glory kabowd:

the honour due to me See Isa 48:11 !

Now we read in Rev 1:5-6

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him [Christ] be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

It should be understood that Vs 6 refers to Christ, and it is ascribed to Him Glory forever ! But what about Isa 42:8;48:11 ?

How can Christ be ascribed Glory and Dominion for ever and ever if He is not God as well as the Father is God ?

Notice Dan 7:14

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

This describes Jesus Christ, However the same Glory and Dominion is ascribed to the God of All Grace 1 Pet 5:10-11

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Now cp Rev 1:6 Glory and Dominion for ever and ever with that Glory and Dominion for ever and ever here in 1 Pet 5:11

11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Here its to the God of all Grace in Rev 1:6 its to Christ ! This proves that Christ is also the God of all Grace equally with the Father or we have serious Idolatry issues !

Again equal Adoration and Worship to both the Father and the Son Rev 5:11-14

11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

For if the Son who is the Lamb was not the exact equal to the Father, we have here the highest act of Idolatry that can be found in scripture; and also noting the single pronoun Him used in Vs 14, that is indicative of Both the Father and the Lamb being One God !

Remember Jesus had stated once before Jn 10:30

30 I and my Father are one.

Savant

Post #188

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:43 am ...
That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

That word Glory kabowd:
Sorry, I don't think glory and honor are the same thing.
Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:43 amRemember Jesus had stated once before Jn 10:30

30 I and my Father are one.
Also, disciples of Jesus are one with God, so by your logic they also are God?

I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them through your name which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are.
John 17:11

that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me.
John 17:21

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #189

Post by Brightfame52 »

Just know this, Im not basing it on what you think, you feel me ?

Savant

Post #190

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:08 am 1213
Just know this, Im not basing it on what you think, you feel me ?
Please explain why do you think they mean the same thing?