The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: The kingdom of God.

Post #1281

Post by JehovahsWitness »

KATE SAYS "THESE KINGDOMS" OF DANIEL 2v44 ARE.... " EARTHKY KINGDOMS"
MissKate13 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:35 pm
You asked: What are "these kingdoms" that the verse also refer to?

My response: They are earthly kingdoms.

CLARIFICATION REQUESTED

MissKate13 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:23 am Physical/earthly as opposed to spiritual. The USA is a physical kingdom ...
KATE IS ASKED WHY SHE GAVE THE USA AS AN EXAMPLE OF AN "EARTHLY KINGDOM"
MissKate13 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:31 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1271]....Probably because the Bible refers to different nations as kingdoms. ...

Okay, so we still need to clarify what you mean by "earthly" kingdoms. So let's me repeat my request for clarification. (This request will appear in a quote bow for emphasis but the worrds are my own. Here it comes...
What do you mean when you say Daniels "these kingdoms" (Daniel 2:44b) refer to {to quote you} "earthly kingdoms"? {end quote} Can you give an example of an "earthly kingdom"?

Thanks,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

MissKate13
Sage

Post #1282

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1281]

I’ve already answered you question, but because I am a nice person, I’ll give it one last try. 😁

Earthly or worldly kingdoms include all of the various nations on the earth, regardless of their systems or forms of government. They are fleshly, unlike the kingdom of our Lord.

Compared to the kingdom of Jesus, they trust in the power of the sword. They fight earthly, physical battles. The kingdom of the Lord has no earthly enemies. His followers are committed to loving and doing good to those who hate and persecute them.

Why don’t you tell me how you would define what an earthly kingdom is. Who knows? We might even agree. Meanwhile, please make your point because this is getting boring.

While you’re at it, how about answering the questions I asked you from my post #1268? I’m not interested in one sided conversations where one party assumes control.

Which of the statements below is true? Which are false? Place a T or F next to each.

a. The kingdom of Jesus is present.
b. The kingdom of Jesus is spiritual by nature.
c. Jesus is reigning over His kingdom from heaven.
d. Christians are Jesus’ subjects.
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

MissKate13
Sage

Post #1283

Post by MissKate13 »

Checkpoint wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 am Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?
Checkpoint, who is your post directed to?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1284

MissKate13 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:56 am Earthly or worldly kingdoms include all of the various nations on the earth, regardless of their systems or forms of government.
Good. Now, lets analyse what you have just said and link it back to Daniel 2:44 so we can see what God destroys shall we? Lets get started ....

Now while a nation does not have to have a government, in your explanation you righty link them to {quote} "worldly kingdoms" {end quote}. So lets now go to a dictionary and see what your words (nation and kingdom)meanso we can see in concrete terms what gets destroyed and how..

Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... ish/nation

MissKate13 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:56 am...tell me how you would define what an earthly kingdom is.
See below ...

Wiki-diff (a handy source of common usage)

Now interestingly Daniel himself does not refer to God destroying the "nations", and certainly (not the planet) but to ....

So what do the words in your post mean?
1. God will destory earthly kingdoms.

2. A kingdom is a nation with a supreme ruler (a king or a queen). The United Kingdom (the UK) is an example of a kingdom*.

4. This destruction you rightly point out will extend to all nations {to quote you} "regardless of their systems or forms of government"{end quote} The United States of America(USA)* is an example of a nation that does not have a king or a queen but would come under the stipulation you presented

[* ] I'm not asking you to agree that the UK or the USA will be destroyed, only that they fit the definition of kingdoms or nations with alternative systems of government.

Okay, Im going to move in to the difference between the destruction of {to quote you} "nations on the earth," as opposed to destoying THE earth, but I would like to know if you agree with the definitions of the words you used so far. If not please feel free to provide alternative defintions for "nation" and "kingdom".
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

MissKate13
Sage

Post #1285

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1284]

Since you choose to not answer my questions, I’ll be moving on. I’m not interested in one sided discussions.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #1286

Post by 2timothy316 »

MissKate13 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:56 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1281]

I’ve already answered you question, but because I am a nice person, I’ll give it one last try. 😁

Earthly or worldly kingdoms include all of the various nations on the earth, regardless of their systems or forms of government. They are fleshly, unlike the kingdom of our Lord.

Compared to the kingdom of Jesus, they trust in the power of the sword. They fight earthly, physical battles. The kingdom of the Lord has no earthly enemies. His followers are committed to loving and doing good to those who hate and persecute them.

Why don’t you tell me how you would define what an earthly kingdom is. Who knows? We might even agree. Meanwhile, please make your point because this is getting boring.

While you’re at it, how about answering the questions I asked you from my post #1268? I’m not interested in one sided conversations where one party assumes control.

Which of the statements below is true? Which are false? Place a T or F next to each.
a. The kingdom of Jesus is present.
In Heaven T on Earth F
According to John 12:31 Satan is the ruler of the Earth and has yet to be cast out.

b. The kingdom of Jesus is spiritual by nature.
F
It is not limited to the spiritual realm. It will soon extend to the Earth.
Rev. 5:9, 10

c. Jesus is reigning over His kingdom from heaven.
T
This we can agree on.

d. Christians are Jesus’ subjects.
T
This we can agree on. Yet, our definition of Christians will differ.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1287

MissKate13 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:46 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1284]

Since you choose to not answer my questions, I’ll be moving on. I’m not interested in one sided discussions.
I'm sorry MissKate here are your answers
MissKate13 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:44 am Which of the statements below is true? Which are false?

a. The kingdom of Jesus is present. ANSWER : That would depend on which kingdom is being referred to and what you mean by "present" * (if you clarify I can be more precise)
b. The kingdom of Jesus is spiritual by nature. What do you mean by spiritual by nature? I cannot answer until you are more precise.
c. Jesus is reigning over His kingdom from heaven. TRUE
d. Christians are Jesus’ subjects. TRUE

Please forgive my oversight of your questiond; I do hope you'll reconsider, I think we were both enjoying the analysis of Daniel 2:44.

JW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1288

Post by onewithhim »

OneWay wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:41 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:20 pm
OneWay wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:09 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:54 pm
OneWay wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:02 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:55 pm
OneWay wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:52 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:51 pm
MissKate13 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:11 pm 3. The world will be destroyed.
Do you mean the planet earth? If God destroys the earth how can he rule over it forever?
How come you do not believe all things are possible to God?
Including lie?

See edit above.
If it were not possible for God to lie then
it would be a lie to say all things are possible to God.

Oh wait a minute

All things are possible to God.

How come you do not believe all things are possible to God?
That's just it----ALL things are not possible to God. See my post above.
Name one thing that is not possible to God.
You falsely say that I never answer your questions. I have already answered concerning what is not possible to God, as well as others have also answered.

(1) God cannot die
(2) God cannot lie
(3) God cannot build a mountain so high that he himself cannot go over it
And you cannot hear the voice of the truth.
Instead of belittling a person, why don't you just answer to what the person, like myself, posts to you? Why don't you say why you feel that God CAN die and he CAN lie, etc.? You just put me down and do not try to have a meaningful discussion.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1289

Post by onewithhim »

MissKate13 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:33 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #1275]

Hey one with him

Your profile says you live in Norwich. Is that Norwich, CT?
Yes

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1290

MissKate13 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:43 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #1276]

Yes, I meant the planet earth. It will be destroyed by fire.
No that is WRONG, God will never destroy his physical planet earth (see post #1196 unanswered by kate); he is a reasonable God and such a thing would be unreasonable. Peters words have to be understood spiritually not physically (which cannot be done for those that think in a fleshly physical earthly way).

Please see the link below for the correct understanding of Peters words.

Why is it both unscriptural and unspiritual to believe God will literally burn up this planet?
viewtopic.php?p=988356#p988356

To learn more please go to other posts related to

THE PLANET EARTH, .GOD'S KINGDOM and ... THE LAST DAYS
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:41 am, edited 6 times in total.