The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: The kingdom of God.

Post #1291

Post by JehovahsWitness »

MissKate13 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:30 pm
The Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of God, is also immortal.
The holy spirit is not a seperate individual person ; biblically it is simply the active force (power) of God.

RELATED POSTS
What is God's holy spirit?
viewtopic.php?p=413826#p413826

Do Peter's words to Ananias not lead us to conclude the holy spirit is indeed a person?
viewtopic.php?p=868863#p868863

Does Revelation 22 that refers to the spirit "speaking" necessarily prove it is a person?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 918#868918
To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT and ...THE TRINITY
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

MissKate13
Sage

Post #1292

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #1289]
I used to live in Plainfield We were neighbors! 😁
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

MissKate13
Sage

Post #1293

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1291]

No one twists, adds to or takes away from God’s word more than the Watchtower Society and it’s followers. Your so-called “scripture” at the bottom of your posts is a good example. The name “Jehovah” is not found in a single Greek extant manuscript of Romans (14:8). You have deliberately and purposely added to God’s word!

Furthermore, you deny the presence of the kingdom in the face of a plethora of passages I’ve provided.

I have no desire to communicate with you any further. I will be ignoring your posts.
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1294

MissKate13 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:15 am I have no desire to communicate with you any further. I will be ignoring your posts.
I'm sorry to hear that, I thought you were enjoying our communication as much as I was. I hope you will reconsider in the future, in the meantime I wish you and all that are yours a most wonderful evening,

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1295

IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD THAT JESUS TAUGHT US TO PRAY FOR , THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH?

Absolutely not. While the bible does speak of the Church as being "the kingdom of the son of Gods love" Jesus authority over his church is NOT the same kingdom he taught his followers to pray for.

God's kingdom is a real government that will, according to Daniel 2:44 destroy (not collaborate, infiltrate and influence by means of good people) ... DESTROY all forms of human government (kingdoms) and replace them with global divine rulership.

WILL GOD DESTROY ALL HUMAN GOVERNMENTS BY BURNING UP THE PLANET EARTH?

No, the bible says the earth will remain forever. The Apotle Peter spoke figuratively of the destruction of wicked human society. His words should not be taken literally. He will kill or remove from office all those in the present institutions that constitute human rulership and replave them with his son and the chosen co-rulers.

Why is it both unscriptural and unspiritual to believe God will literally burn up this planet?
viewtopic.php?p=988356#p988356

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1296

IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD PRESENT?

Jesus has been king since 1914 CE but Christians continue to pray for it to "come" in the sense of it taking full control of the planet , vindicating Gods holy name and ridding the earth of wicked people by killing them all.

IS THE MESSIANIC KINGDOM PHYSICAL OR SPIRITUAL?

Its rulers are spirits located in heaven. Its territory extents over the physical planet earth. All those involved will be individuals that appreciate spiritual things. The blessings that the flesh and blood human subjects will enjoy on the literal planet earth will be both physical (good and plentiful food, excellent living conditions, a physically clean environment) AND spiritual (a close relationship with God, instruction from his word)
To learn more please go to other posts related to

THE PLANET EARTH, .GOD'S KINGDOM and ... THE LAST DAYS

William
Savant

Post #1297

Post by William »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1296]
Its rulers are spirits located in heaven.
Heaven includes many levels. Are you saying that these spirit levels and their rulers have combined?

The reason I ask;
Its territory extents over the physical planet earth.
Traditionally Christianity has it that Satan rules the planet earth. In relation to that idea, has something occurred which displaced Satan's rule and thus allowed for the 'territory' of the physical planet earth, to being transferred over to The Realm of Heaven?
All those involved will be individuals that appreciate spiritual things. The blessings that the flesh and blood human subjects will enjoy on the literal planet earth will be both physical (good and plentiful food, excellent living conditions, a physically clean environment)
There are places already existing like that in The Realm of Heaven.

AND spiritual (a close relationship with YHVH, instruction from his word)
Re "the Word of YHVH" where you state this 'instruction will derive, what would that be?

[Rather than link me to some info I then have to sort through to see if I can get answers to these questions, would you be so kind as to simply answer these as clearly and succinctly as you can.
~Thanks.]

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1298

Post by onewithhim »

MissKate13 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:57 am [Replying to onewithhim in post #1289]
I used to live in Plainfield We were neighbors! 😁
Yes! Small world!

Would you comment on posts number 1290 and 1291? It's not fair to just berate a poster for what they wrote.....please address what was posted. :)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1299

William wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:18 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1296]
Its rulers are spirits located in heaven.
Heaven includes many levels. Are you saying that these spirit levels and their rulers have combined?

Probably not but since I do not understand the question I cannot say for sure.
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1300

William wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:18 pm Traditionally Christianity has it that Satan rules the planet earth. In relation to that idea, has something occurred which displaced Satan's rule and thus allowed for the 'territory' of the physical planet earth, to being transferred over to The Realm of Heaven?
Yes; God dictates that Satans time as the ruler of this world is up. Jesus arrives with an army of angels. He battles with Satan and demons. Defeats them and rids the earth of their evil influence. Jesus then kills off all wicked people and allows the meek to inherit the earth. Jesus then rules with 144,000 co-ruler over the planet planet earth inhabited by the righteous.

DANIEL 2:44 thus promises an earth under eternal and exclusive good rule, eternal satisfaction on every level (for what else can God in charge mean for the righteous) and eternal peace. What word comes to mind? Idlyllic ...

William wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:18 pm There are places already existing like that in The Realm of Heaven.
I know. But when Jesus is ruling the literal planet earth will be just like heaven in the sense that the earth will be an idyllic paradise. Remember the prayer

"... thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

To learn more please go to other posts related to

DANIEL'S PROPHECIES , .THE SECOND COMING * and ... THE BOOK OF REVELATION
*The Return of Christ