was Jesus fully human, or was he God in a disguise?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Ozzy_O
Student

was Jesus fully human, or was he God in a disguise?

Post #1

Post by Ozzy_O »

Romans 3:23
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.

Romans 5:12
When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned.

Inerrant scripture words say all men (and women) sinned

Look up the Greek, all and everyone means all and everyone

So every HUMAN sinned per the inerrant scriptures

So, here’s the options:

A) scripture is wrong, everyone didn’t sin and is not born a filthy little sinner

B) Jesus was FULLY MAN, which would have to include sin because the Bible says so, or he wouldn’t be a spotless lamb; He made a conscious decision not to sin, and he absolutely could help it (unlike Paul’s claims in Romans 7)

C) God put on a disguise; He acted like he was fully human but he wasn’t ( in which case living a sinless life is easy for God because he spoke the universe into existence)

Philippians 2:7
….but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

He only took on the likeness of man not his full sin nature, in which case he didn’t play by the rules for us

No Christian has ever honestly answered this question

Let’s examine the premise we have been programmed to believe and critically examine the text

It has to be all one or the other for the story they tell us to be true

The truth is uncomfortable sometimes

So, which option is least damaging to the narrative?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: was Jesus fully human, or was he God in a disguise?

Post #51

Post by JoeyKnothead »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:03 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #49]
The laws of logic are built into, and bound by logic. Not so the laws of theism, where any unexplained phenomena are explained by a god that is not built on logic (see the trinity and other illogical, contradictory claims).
The laws of logic are a description of what we believe to be objective reality.

There are three fundamental laws of logic.
1. The law of identity
2. The law of noncontradiction
3. The law of the excluded middle

We believe these are true simply because the laws of nature allow them to be true.
Fair nuff.
But the laws of nature are bound to this universe. So anything that exists outside of this universe does not have to follow the natural laws of this universe because they have to be different. So things that seem not logical to us can be perfectly logical so a being outside of this universe.
Can be does not mean must beI. This is the greatest god of the gaps we're apt to encounter. What lies beyond the universe, being hidden from observation, allows the theist such flights of fancy, that tossing aside logic seems the logical thing for em to do.

The most parsimonious explanation here is that logic holds outside the universe as well. Otherwise it becomes 'logical' that beyond the universe, bullfrogs are really horses, and horses are fields of wheat. After all, if gods exists outside our observable universe, I can declare the same absurd illogical condition does too.
EarthScienceguy wrote: We are talking about a being that does not need space, or time to exist and can exist everywhere at the same time.
JK wrote: Can? There's enough wiggle room in 'can', I suppose, for the theist to make an unevidenced assertion.
That is actually physics saying that. It is just another case where science agrees with Bible.
Yet when logic or science refutes biblical claims, you'll object, and put it down to "Naw now, God's all supernatural and all".
EarthScienceguy wrote:
JK wrote: A being can't currently exist in a future that ain't here yet. To propose otherwise is illogical.
Einstein's theory of Relativity says that the future is just as real as the present and the past. Relativity would say that the future and the past have already occurred. This is why many in the field of cosmology do not believe in free will.
No, the theory of realitivity may allow for such, while NO science has put truth to the claim.
EarthScienceguy wrote:
JK wrote: But we can sure explain a good bit of it by realizing the illogical absurdity built into the various claims.
They are only logical absurdities because you are bound to this universe and the laws of this universe. Any being that exists outside of this universe the laws would operate differently.
Where have you shown the laws of logic no longer apply outside the universe - if there's even something beyond it?

You have an hypothesis - something exists beyond the universe.
You declare, by fiat - that something there ain't bound to logic.
Then you declare there's a god 'out there' and he don't like how we carry on.

You fail to show that whatever it is beyond the universe is not bound to logic, but ya can't show either to be truthful statements.

It's illogical to claim to know what exists beyond the universe, unless one can see beyond its boundaries. Boundaries we've yet to venture beyond. It's therefore illogical to declare logic no longer applies beyond those boundaries. Just as it's illogical to claim logic does apply beyond em.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Post #52

Post by EarthScienceguy »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #51]
It is not my hypothesis. These are the theories of cosmologists that are mostly atheists. It is really illogical not to believe that something exist outside of this universe unless you believe that the universe is eternal.
You declare, by fiat - that something there ain't bound to logic.
Again not my declaration. These theories come from cosmologists that are mostly atheists. Like for example Shawn Carroll who says that the "mother universe" that created all of the other universes in the mutliverse must have equal regions where entropy can run forward and backward. So time can run in both directions. One of the main reasons for the rise of the multiverse theory is so that different universes can have different laws of nature.

I did not declare anything. If you do not like the idea of laws changing outside of this universe then write a letter to the atheist cosmologist that are coming up with these theories.
Then you declare there's a god 'out there' and he don't like how we carry on.
There is something that has to exist outside of this universe. That is what all of your atheist cosmologists say anyway.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #53

Post by JoeyKnothead »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:41 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #51]
It is not my hypothesis. These are the theories of cosmologists that are mostly atheists. It is really illogical not to believe that something exist outside of this universe unless you believe that the universe is eternal.
Hypotheses are not theories, no matter how proud folks are of em. Until we can observe or sense what lies beyond the universe, speculation is the best we've got.

That you have to be told this repeatedly speaks poorly of your self professed 'EarthScienceguy' moniker.
EarthScienceguy wrote:
JK wrote: You declare, by fiat - that something there ain't bound to logic.
Again not my declaration. These theories come from cosmologists that are mostly atheists.
Hypotheses are not theories, no matter how proud folks are of em. Until we can observe or sense what lies beyond the universe, speculation is the best we've got.
EarthScienceguy wrote: Like for example Shawn Carroll who says that the "mother universe" that created all of the other universes in the mutliverse must have equal regions where entropy can run forward and backward. So time can run in both directions. One of the main reasons for the rise of the multiverse theory is so that different universes can have different laws of nature.
EarthScienceguy wrote: I did not declare anything.
I mean in terms of your being a proponent, but I'll try to be more precise.
EarthScienceguy wrote: If you do not like the idea of laws changing outside of this universe then write a letter to the atheist cosmologist that are coming up with these theories.
EarthScienceguy wrote:
JK wrote: Then you declare there's a god 'out there' and he don't like how we carry on.
There is something that has to exist outside of this universe.
Such is your hypothesis, unevidenced though it be.
EarthScienceguy wrote: That is what all of your atheist cosmologists say anyway.
Please don't clump me into a clod of claims I have NOT made.

Of course it's fun and stimulating about what may exist beyond the observable universe, but it'll remain speculation for a good bit of time to come.

This is why I challenge your claims regarding god existing beyond the universe, and how logic doesn't apply. Both are speculative hypotheses at best.
-Punkinhead Martin

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Post #54

Post by EarthScienceguy »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #53]
This is why I challenge your claims regarding god existing beyond the universe, and how logic doesn't apply. Both are speculative hypotheses at best.
Thank you,
Another person who thought he was an atheist but now understands that he is nothing more than agnostic. Atheism is dead.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #55

Post by JoeyKnothead »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:06 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #53]
Thank you,
Another person who thought he was an atheist but now understands that he is nothing more than agnostic. Atheism is dead.
Whether atheism is dead or not has no bearing on your inability to show a god exists beyond the universe, or that logic no longer applies beyond it.

I notice often theists're quick to fret anything but challenges to their claims.
-Punkinhead Martin

brunumb
Savant

Post #56

Post by brunumb »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am We are talking about a being that does not need space or time to exist and can exist everywhere at once.
We are talking about a hypothetical being. We do not know if existing everywhere at once or not needing space or time is even possible.
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am If you can explain everything about God then He would not be God. The being you are describing would simply be a man.
We don't know precisely how Superman in invulnerable, but if we did would he then not be Superman?
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am And that is what most atheists want they want God to be a man like themselves.
This is just one of those flippant throw away lines that are just patently ridiculous and do not really warrant any consideration.
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am In any conversation about God there will be a point where the limitations of humanity will not be able to describe the limitless nature of God. How can that not be the case?
That should not be the cue to then invent all sorts of attributes for God that have never been demonstrated and cannot be tested.
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am God is bound by the laws of nature God made the laws of nature. If that is not the cause then He should not be worshiped as God.
Once again, assuming facts not in evidence. That said, worship is one of the most worthless pastimes anyone can engage in anyway.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #57

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to EarthScienceguy in post #47
If you believe in the gods of Olympus that are confined to space, time and life, and death. Have at it.
Who says they're confined to space, time, life and death? They're gods. If "the God of Israel" doesn't have to be confined to Israel, the gods of Olympus don't have to be confined to Olympus.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #58

Post by OneWay »

Athetotheist wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:23 pm [Replying to EarthScienceguy in post #47
If you believe in the gods of Olympus that are confined to space, time and life, and death. Have at it.
Who says they're confined to space, time, life and death? They're gods. If "the God of Israel" doesn't have to be confined to Israel, the gods of Olympus don't have to be confined to Olympus.
Can you prove any of this you have stated?

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #59

Post by OneWay »

brunumb wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:05 pm
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am We are talking about a being that does not need space or time to exist and can exist everywhere at once.
We are talking about a hypothetical being. We do not know if existing everywhere at once or not needing space or time is even possible.
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am If you can explain everything about God then He would not be God. The being you are describing would simply be a man.
We don't know precisely how Superman in invulnerable, but if we did would he then not be Superman?
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am And that is what most atheists want they want God to be a man like themselves.
This is just one of those flippant throw away lines that are just patently ridiculous and do not really warrant any consideration.
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am In any conversation about God there will be a point where the limitations of humanity will not be able to describe the limitless nature of God. How can that not be the case?
That should not be the cue to then invent all sorts of attributes for God that have never been demonstrated and cannot be tested.
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am God is bound by the laws of nature God made the laws of nature. If that is not the cause then He should not be worshiped as God.
Once again, assuming facts not in evidence. That said, worship is one of the most worthless pastimes anyone can engage in anyway.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #60

Post by Athetotheist »

OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:32 pm
Athetotheist wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:23 pm [Replying to EarthScienceguy in post #47
Can you prove anything you have stated?