How many religions came from America?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

How many religions came from America?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is it evidence for or against religions if they came from America?

For instance Mormonism and Jehovah's Witnesses. Are there more? Scientology. Any more?

I would argue it is evidence against the religion because America has quite literally nothing the to do with the Bible. What other evidence flows from a religion coming from America?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Re: How many religions came from America?

Post #271

Post by OneWay »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:43 pm
oldbadger wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:17 am
kjw47 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:19 pm God used Pauls writings in the bible, because God inspired the words through him. You are nuts thinking i am not a JW. This is formal witnessing.
All those who disagree with you........ do you think they are all nuts?
You still call your God 'God'......... not Jehovah.

Look, I don't mind if you are a JW or not, OK? There are so many different religions in this World, a few like yours believe that only you will get to some after-life and think that all others are wrong....I think that's just sad.

But I don't believe that God made a whole universe (and probably more beyond) with just mankind in mind....that's just weird, IMO.
And I don't believe that after eons of time he particularly wanted to communicate with humans, or that we look like him.

I don't believe in your devil, nor your demons, nor your angels, come to that. And Paul built up those churches with others without ever knowing in intimate detail any of the things that Jesus had said or done, and since none of his churches had ever read about them all either since no gospels had been written during his life, the whole thing looks very strange indeed. Nuts, maybe?

Jesus promised the holy spirit would guide one into all truth. Especially the teachers Jesus appointed, like Paul.
The bible dont say we look like him--Let us( Jehovah and his master worker( prov 8) make man in our image= the ability to love and reason.
Every Israelite on the planet heard about Jesus back then. His teachings were shared.
Can you prove any of this you have stated?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #272

Post by kjw47 »

OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:40 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:19 pm God used Pauls writings in the bible, because God inspired the words through him. You are nuts thinking i am not a JW. This is formal witnessing.

Look, I don't mind if you are a JW or not, OK? There are so many different religions in this World, a few like yours believe that only you will get to some after-life and think that all others are wrong....I think that's just sad.

But I don't believe that God made a whole universe (and probably more beyond) with just mankind in mind....that's just weird, IMO.
And I don't believe that after eons of time he particularly wanted to communicate with humans, or that we look like him.

I don't believe in your devil, nor your demons, nor your angels, come to that. And Paul built up those churches with others without ever knowing in intimate detail any of the things that Jesus had said or done, and since none of his churches had ever read about them all either since no gospels had been written during his life, the whole thing looks very strange indeed. Nuts, maybe?

Jesus promised the holy spirit would guide one into all truth. Especially the teachers Jesus appointed, like Paul.
The bible dont say we look like him--Let us( Jehovah and his master worker( prov 8) make man in our image= the ability to love and reason.
Every Israelite on the planet heard about Jesus back then. His teachings were shared.

Have you ever read the bible? It needs to be a daily thing for those lacking in knowledge.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #273

Post by OneWay »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:52 pm
OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:40 pm

Have you ever read the bible? It needs to be a daily thing for those lacking in knowledge.
This you said does not prove anything you have stated.

Stay on topic and prove anything you have stated.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #274

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:43 pm Jesus promised the holy spirit would guide one into all truth. Especially the teachers Jesus appointed, like Paul.
I don't think that Paul or his many congregations which he wrote to knew very much about Jesus at all. Howe do you think that those churches knew so much about him?
And Paul never taught a single sentence about anything that Jesus ever said or did apart from that last meal and last hours. All Paul's rules and laws came from Paul, not Jesus.
Love and reason is what 'in our image' really means? You're just turning words in to anything that you fancy whilst denying various words for what they really meant.
No they had not....they were scattered far and wide all over the place, and Jesus's teachings weren't particularly clear, you know. His own close friends sometimes despaired about his speeches, not understanding them.

I've been talking to a JW couple for over 25 years and they just don't sound anything like you....... I wonder who you really are, kjw47

Tell me something that I can truly believe........ tell me what the '47' means in your name.....let's start there.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #275

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:58 am
kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:43 pm Jesus promised the holy spirit would guide one into all truth. Especially the teachers Jesus appointed, like Paul.
I don't think that Paul or his many congregations which he wrote to knew very much about Jesus at all. Howe do you think that those churches knew so much about him?
And Paul never taught a single sentence about anything that Jesus ever said or did apart from that last meal and last hours. All Paul's rules and laws came from Paul, not Jesus.
Love and reason is what 'in our image' really means? You're just turning words in to anything that you fancy whilst denying various words for what they really meant.
No they had not....they were scattered far and wide all over the place, and Jesus's teachings weren't particularly clear, you know. His own close friends sometimes despaired about his speeches, not understanding them.

I've been talking to a JW couple for over 25 years and they just don't sound anything like you....... I wonder who you really are, kjw47

Tell me something that I can truly believe........ tell me what the '47' means in your name.....let's start there.
Are you my judge? 47 was the age i started posting in sights like this if you must know, kjw are my initials. You have no clue what Paul said except what he wrote. He said a gazillion other things. It cannot all be written in the bible or it would be 500 million pages long. Jesus teachings were in the 4 gospels, Paul taught other truths.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #276

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:33 pm Are you my judge?
I'm reading your posts and thinking about them....and you.
47 was the age i started posting in sights like this if you must know, kjw are my initials.
Excellent....that is what I have read elsewhere...... I was just asking.
You have no clue what Paul said except what he wrote. He said a gazillion other things. It cannot all be written in the bible or it would be 500 million pages long. Jesus teachings were in the 4 gospels, Paul taught other truths.
Paul taught all kinds of stuff and nothing to do with what Jesus said, did or wanted.

A Christian told me yesterday that Paul had known Barnabus, Cephas, James and John well and would have learned details of the whole mission from them, which I have to say is a better answer than anything that you have offered; but the problem is this, if Paul knew in intimate detail about everything that Jesus said or did, how come he didn't bother to pass on a single anecdote or story to anybody in his letters? Bah! the whole things is untrue imo. Paul was building his congregations up regardless of Jesus and this is why Cephas often confronted him and why his memoirs got published later on. Many Christians just don't bother about the account in G-Mark and so cannot answer the simplest questions about what Jesus really did during that last week. That's why so many could not tell you what Jesus did in the Temple on Palm Sunday.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #277

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:20 am
kjw47 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:33 pm Are you my judge?
I'm reading your posts and thinking about them....and you.
47 was the age i started posting in sights like this if you must know, kjw are my initials.
Excellent....that is what I have read elsewhere...... I was just asking.
You have no clue what Paul said except what he wrote. He said a gazillion other things. It cannot all be written in the bible or it would be 500 million pages long. Jesus teachings were in the 4 gospels, Paul taught other truths.
Paul taught all kinds of stuff and nothing to do with what Jesus said, did or wanted.

A Christian told me yesterday that Paul had known Barnabus, Cephas, James and John well and would have learned details of the whole mission from them, which I have to say is a better answer than anything that you have offered; but the problem is this, if Paul knew in intimate detail about everything that Jesus said or did, how come he didn't bother to pass on a single anecdote or story to anybody in his letters? Bah! the whole things is untrue imo. Paul was building his congregations up regardless of Jesus and this is why Cephas often confronted him and why his memoirs got published later on. Many Christians just don't bother about the account in G-Mark and so cannot answer the simplest questions about what Jesus really did during that last week. That's why so many could not tell you what Jesus did in the Temple on Palm Sunday.

Paul knew Peter. Peter knew everything Jesus did and you dont think he shared them with Paul?

oldbadger
Guru

Post #278

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:12 pm
Paul knew Peter. Peter knew everything Jesus did and you dont think he shared them with Paul?
So Peter told Paul all about his travails and experiences with Jesus..... so why is it that Paul didn't bother to pass on a single word asbout anything that Jesus ever said or did apart from the last meal and hours?

If Cephas had told all to Paul then Paul was not interested in a word of it, apart from last meal and hours. I guess that's why Churches tend to quote Paul more than Jesus.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #279

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:54 am
kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:12 pm
So Peter told Paul all about his travails and experiences with Jesus..... so why is it that Paul didn't bother to pass on a single word asbout anything that Jesus ever said or did apart from the last meal and hours?

If Cephas had told all to Paul then Paul was not interested in a word of it, apart from last meal and hours. I guess that's why Churches tend to quote Paul more than Jesus.

Paul did teach things Jesus taught--Compare John 4:22-24 and 1 Cor 8:5-6. Romans 10:9-he mentions Jesus.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #280

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:08 pm
Paul did teach things Jesus taught--Compare John 4:22-24 and 1 Cor 8:5-6. Romans 10:9-he mentions Jesus.
What?
1 Corinthians {8:5} For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) {8:6} But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.

What?
Romans {10:9} That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the
dead, thou shalt be saved.

And what has any of that to do with:
John . {4:22} Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. {4:23} But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. {4:24} God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

So this is your weak attempt to try and show that Paul really told or reminded those congregations about what Jesus said and did during his entire mission in life?

You don't even paste up your version of those verses, but at least this is all getting you to actually read through Paul's letters more carefully in your search for something that Paul actually said about what Jesus was doing during that mission. There's nothing. Not a line, apart from mention of a last meal and last hours.
Your church is mostly built upon Paul's ideas and words before anything Jesus said or did.