The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: The kingdom of God.

Post #1301

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:18 pm Re "the Word of YHVH" where you state this 'instruction will derive, what would that be?
The bible
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1302

MissKate13 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:54 pm 1 Corinthians 15:51-55

51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in m an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” 55 “Where, O Death, is your victory?
Where, O Death, is your sting?”

It is then that the earth and all of its human corrupt governments will be destroyed. If you are in Jesus’ kingdom, you have nothing to fear at His second coming.

IS 1 COR 15 SPEAKING ABOUT WHEN JESUS RETURNS TO DESTROY THE WICKED?

No. Paul is not discussing the judgement and execution of the wicked but rather he is dicussing the nature of the ressurection of spirit anointed Christians (see verse 52). Moreover it is both ludicrous and unscriptural to think that Jesus return will result in him doing the same thing to those he judges as wicked as those he judges as righteous, namely kill them all.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #1303

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:39 pm
MissKate13 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:54 pm 1 Corinthians 15:51-55

51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in m an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” 55 “Where, O Death, is your victory?
Where, O Death, is your sting?”

It is then that the earth and all of its human corrupt governments will be destroyed. If you are in Jesus’ kingdom, you have nothing to fear at His second coming.

IS 1 COR 15 SPEAKING ABOUT WHEN JESUS RETURNS TO DESTROY THE WICKED?

No. Paul is not discussing the judgement and execution of the wicked but rather he is dicussing the nature of the ressurection of spirit anointed Christians (see verse 52). Moreover it is both ludicrous and unscriptural to think that Jesus return will result in him doing the same thing to those he judges as wicked as those he judges as righteous, namely kill them all.
The coming of the "son of man" (Mt 24:30) follows "immediately after the "tribulation of those days" (Mt 24:29), which is the "furnace of fire" (Mt 13;30) whereas "those days had been cut short", less no one survive (Mt 24:22), for the sake of the "elect". Anyone who says to you, "he is in the wilderness", such as Paul did, "do not believe them" (Mt 24:26). It is for the furnace of fire that the "tares"/lawless shall be the "first" to be gathered, and then they shall be thrown into the furnace of fire (Mt 13:30). As far as the sayings of the false prophet Paul, such as "we will not all sleep", everyone he spoke to, including himself, now sleeps in the grave. What is the predicate for being labeled a false prophet?

William
Savant

Post #1304

Post by William »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:07 pm
William wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:18 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1296]
Its rulers are spirits located in heaven.
Heaven includes many levels. Are you saying that these spirit levels and their rulers have combined?

Probably not but since I do not understand the question I cannot say for sure.
Perhaps I misunderstood the idea that Jesus has already established something in The Realm of Heaven re 1914...re "its rulers are spirits located in heaven".
There are places already existing like that in The Realm of Heaven.
I know. But when Jesus is ruling the literal planet earth will be just like heaven in the sense that the earth will be an idyllic paradise.
Ah - future tense...the belief cannot be verified unless it actually ever happens.
Traditionally Christianity has it that Satan rules the planet earth. In relation to that idea, has something occurred which displaced Satan's rule and thus allowed for the 'territory' of the physical planet earth, to being transferred over to The Realm of Heaven?
Yes; God dictates that Satans time as the ruler of this world is up. Jesus arrives with an army of angels. He battles with Satan and demons. Defeats them and rids the earth of their evil influence. Jesus then kills off all wicked people and allows the meek to inherit the earth. Jesus then rules with 144,000 co-ruler over the planet planet earth inhabited by the righteous.
Again - not helpful in establishing any belief as a truth.

What you appear to believe presently, Satan still rules The Realm of Earth?
Re "the Word of YHVH" where you state this 'instruction will derive, what would that be?
The bible
What else, since clearly the bible hasn't had the effect of instructing humans in this regard, as far as history shows.

Also - I spoke with JW's recently and they had much to say re pointing fingers at Christianity.
So I am wondering why they put so much hope and trust and faith in what the bible says, since it is is something which derives from Christianity as the most influential device it ever produced in order to captivate the audience that it did/does.
How is it that one points with the one hand while holding up with the other, the very thing which came from that which is accused of corruption?

Perhaps YHVH's Word is found elsewhere.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1305

William wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:03 pm

Perhaps I misunderstood the idea that Jesus has already established something in The Realm of Heaven ...
Yes, he has (as of 1914) set up his government ie. The Kingdom (government) that will soon, wipe out the wicked and take full control of this our planet earth. This is the kingdom for which millions pray when they say.... " Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth ..."

In short WHAT IS GOD'S KINGDOM ?

Answer :God's kingdom is a government that will rule over this our literal physical planet EARTH
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

THE KINGDOM, THE MILLENIUM and ...THE EARTHLY PARADISE
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Savant

Post #1306

Post by William »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1305]
Yed, he has (as of 1914) set up his government ie. The Kingdom (government) that will soon, wipe out the wicked and take full control of this our planet earth.
Hmmm...this has me thinking about something of the overall story...one for the campfire....
This is the kingdom for which millions pray when they say.... " Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth ..."
You sound impressed.

Jesus told ya's what not to do but folk just want to make a mantra out of everything considered to being uttered from holiness. They do the same with their special books..

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1307

William wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:44 pm um/viewtopic.php?p=1103408#p1103408]one for the campfire....[/url]
This is the kingdom for which millions pray when they say.... " Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth ..."
You sound impressed.
I am.. all Gods works are impressive to me: settingnup a world government (that is what THE KINGDOM GOD is, a government) that will return this our planet earth to its idyllic condition and ending war, hunger and suffering for every man woman and child on this planet forever . ... is indeed IMPRESSIVE. Its is whaat the bible calls "good news"!

Do keep replying , I can post about this topic all day !!

William
Savant

Post #1308

Post by William »

You sound impressed.
I am.. all YHVHs works are impressive to me: setting up a world government (that is what THE KINGDOM OF YHVH is, a government) that will return this our planet earth to its idyllic condition...
The earth never had an 'idyllic condition' in which to 'return' to.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #1309

Post by OneWay »

Checkpoint wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 am Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?
The Kingdom of God, has always been, and never will end.
Therefore it is the past, present, and eternity.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1310

William wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:46 am
You sound impressed.
I am.. all YHVHs works are impressive to me: setting up a world government (that is what THE KINGDOM OF YHVH is, a government) that will return this our planet earth to its idyllic condition...
The earth never had an 'idyllic condition' in which to 'return' to.
Biblically speaking of course.

GENESIS 1 : 31 NLT

Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good! And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day