JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #931

Post by OneWay »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:01 pm
OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:03 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:01 pm
OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:57 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:56 pm
OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:53 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:51 pm
OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:31 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:13 pm
OneWay wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:32 pm
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Is this the Lord God( Deuteronomy 10:17
For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible,
which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:)the LORD OF LORDS?

A. Yes

B. No

lol

lol

lol

We sure are finding a lot of errors in your theology.
The error is in your reasoning. Jesus didnt become king of kings and Lord of Lords until he accomplished his mission on earth. He could have failed. Jehovah is spoken of in the OT as savior and Lord of Lords. Jesus didnt become savior either until accomplishing his faithfulness to the death on earth.
Prove it.

Prove what? Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness, he offered Jesus every kingdom on earth to do a sin. He wouldn't have bothered if their wasnt a chance for Jesus to fail. And all know God cant be tempted, but he tempted Jesus at his weakest point-40 days fasting.
What are you trying to prove by stating this on this thread?
Where you there?
How do you know this even took place exactly as it was told?

You are the one who keeps stating you prove me wrong, but in reality haven't and cannot. Because i know the bible. My teachers listened to Jesus and teach us-every utterance from God-it never stops. Because Jesus is the head of our congregation.
This does not prove Jesus is not God.
Nor does it prove Jesus is an angel.

I want to see you prove Jesus is not God and He is an angel.

SHOW ME.

PROVE IT

GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT

Psalm 45:7--Jesus has a God--partners=angels---John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Coll 1:3, Eph 1:13,17-1Peyter 1:3--Jesus and his real teachers teach Jesus has a God his Father, just like we do. Hebrews 1:4--without inheriting a name above the angels he would be equal to them.

You wont believe truth because of the error found at John 1:1 in your bibles.
Please lay out for us from any of these verses how anything within any of them
proves that Jesus is not God and He is an angel.

Go for it

show us

give it your best shot.

You can take them one verse at a time if you like.

You can read for yourself the scriptures i showed you. If you want to go through life believing God has a God, i feel sorry for you.
No, that is not how it works in a debate. If you present any evidence on your behalf
you have to show how that evidence proves your opinion to be the truth.

I am calling you out on it.

YOU CANNOT PROVE ANYTHING.

YOU CAN'T EVEN PROVE THAT TO WHICH YOU SAY IS EVIDENCE IS EVEN EVIDENCE
MUCH LESS IF IT IS TRUE OR NOT.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #932

Post by kjw47 »

OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:04 pm
OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:31 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:13 pm

The error is in your reasoning. Jesus didnt become king of kings and Lord of Lords until he accomplished his mission on earth. He could have failed. Jehovah is spoken of in the OT as savior and Lord of Lords. Jesus didnt become savior either until accomplishing his faithfulness to the death on earth.
Prove it.

Prove what? Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness, he offered Jesus every kingdom on earth to do a sin. He wouldn't have bothered if their wasnt a chance for Jesus to fail. And all know God cant be tempted, but he tempted Jesus at his weakest point-40 days fasting.
Where you there?

You are the one who keeps stating you prove me wrong, but in reality haven't and cannot. Because i know the bible. My teachers listened to Jesus and teach us-every utterance from God-it never stops. Because Jesus is the head of our congregation.

SHOW ME.

PROVE IT

GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT

Psalm 45:7--Jesus has a God--partners=angels---John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Coll 1:3, Eph 1:13,17-1Peyter 1:3--Jesus and his real teachers teach Jesus has a God his Father, just like we do. Hebrews 1:4--without inheriting a name above the angels he would be equal to them.

Go for it

show us

give it your best shot.

You can read for yourself the scriptures i showed you. If you want to go through life believing God has a God, i feel sorry for you.
No, that is not how it works in a debate. If you present any evidence on your behalf

I showed you each bible passage and told you what they said--You are responsible for you in front of God, to find truth and apply it. I showed you truth, look it up.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #933

Post by OneWay »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:10 pm
OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:31 pm Prove it.

Where you there?
No here again you are making false statements

SHOW ME.

PROVE IT

GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT

Go for it

show us

give it your best shot.

I showed you each bible passage and told you what they said--You are responsible for you in front of God, to find truth and apply it. I showed you truth, look it up.
No, Here again you are making false statements. All you did was post the place in the bible you found the verses
and stated your opinion of them. That is all you did, and claimed they proved your point.

Anyone can do that

otseng
Savant

Post #934

Post by otseng »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:55 pm So you have nothing to contribute to the discussion and wish to ignore the post above? You can't answer with your power of reason what is written in my post? You accuse and then ignore.
Moderator Comment

Please avoid making personal comments.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

otseng
Savant

Post #935

Post by otseng »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:13 pm That explains why you dont know what he taught and thus remain in the darkness.
Moderator Comment

Please do not make any personal comments.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

otseng
Savant

Post #936

Post by otseng »

Moderator Intervention

This thread has generated many post reports. Further rule violations can result in this thread to be locked.

Moderator interventions do not count as a strike against any posters. They are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels that some sort of intervention is required.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #937

Post by kjw47 »

OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:12 pm

Where you there?

SHOW ME.

PROVE IT

GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT

Go for it

show us

give it your best shot.

No, Here again you are making false statements. All you did was post the place in the bible you found the verses
and stated your opinion of them. That is all you did, and claimed they proved your point.

Anyone can do that

You dont seem to.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #938

Post by OneWay »

kjw47 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:29 pm
OneWay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:53 pm What are you trying to prove by stating this on this thread?
Where you there?

SHOW ME.

PROVE IT

GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT

Go for it

show us

give it your best shot.

Anyone can do that

You dont seem to.
Maybe you should open your eyes and read them on this thread
because they are on this thread.

Jesus has never been and never ever will be an angel.
He is the Lord and King over the archangel Michael.
Michael bows down and worships Him and obeys Him as God.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #939

Post by kjw47 »

OneWay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:02 pm
kjw47 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:29 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:56 pm No here again you are making false statements

SHOW ME.

PROVE IT

GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT

Go for it

show us

give it your best shot.

Anyone can do that

You dont seem to.
Maybe you should open your eyes and read them on this thread
because they are on this thread.

Jesus has never been and never ever will be an angel.
He is the Lord and King over the archangel Michael.
Michael bows down and worships Him and obeys Him as God.

I showed you the error at John 1:1 from the Greek lexicon facts. You believe error over fact.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #940

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #939]

I think that anyone who has been following this discussion can see for themselves that the evidence that Jesus is NOT God outweighs any argument that he IS God.