How many religions came from America?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

How many religions came from America?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is it evidence for or against religions if they came from America?

For instance Mormonism and Jehovah's Witnesses. Are there more? Scientology. Any more?

I would argue it is evidence against the religion because America has quite literally nothing the to do with the Bible. What other evidence flows from a religion coming from America?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: How many religions came from America?

Post #321

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:08 am
kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:09 pm You listen to men who do not know. God inspired the words of revelation. Rev 17:5 mentions babylon the great=a harlot=all false religions.
You have no ideas about the people who I listen to.
No, God never did inspire revelation, nor this junk about harlots, the Syrian city nor anything else.

This spin, together with many other church constructs of those times is nothing at all to do with anything that Jesus stood for or spoke about.
G-John turned the enemies of Jesus from the Temple Priesthood in to 'The Jews', an outrageous lie...if wickedness exists in the bible, then there is a great chunk of it, right there.
And Paul hasd no interest in anything that Jesus said or did, apart from the last meal and hours.

Who is listening to the wrong men?

Paul did all that Jesus taught. Peter would have told him otherwise but he didnt because Paul did all Jesus said. Paul had to correct Peter 1 time.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #322

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:42 pm Paul did all that Jesus taught. Peter would have told him otherwise but he didnt because Paul did all Jesus said. Paul had to correct Peter 1 time.
I don't believe that Jesus taught or directed or adbised anything to Paul.

Paul didn't need a word from Jesus to help in his directions to churches, save the last meal and hours.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #323

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:10 am
kjw47 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:42 pm Paul did all that Jesus taught. Peter would have told him otherwise but he didnt because Paul did all Jesus said. Paul had to correct Peter 1 time.
I don't believe that Jesus taught or directed or adbised anything to Paul.

Paul didn't need a word from Jesus to help in his directions to churches, save the last meal and hours.

The holy spirit guided Paul. Gods will was accomplished.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #324

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:43 pm The holy spirit guided Paul. Gods will was accomplished.
Clearly not.
2000 years of trouble, strife, starvation, war, enmity........... and then about a century ago you think his true word was discovered.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #325

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:04 am
kjw47 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:43 pm The holy spirit guided Paul. Gods will was accomplished.
Clearly not.
2000 years of trouble, strife, starvation, war, enmity........... and then about a century ago you think his true word was discovered.
I dont think it, i know it. Mortals asked to know both good and bad in the rebellion of Eden. Its their fault, not Gods fault.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #326

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:49 pm I dont think it, i know it. Mortals asked to know both good and bad in the rebellion of Eden. Its their fault, not Gods fault.
So what you are telling me is that you don't just believe that the Genesis accounts are true, but that you know they are true.
OK.

So how long have you been a JW? Did you grow up in a JW family, or did you meet with the JWs during your life? What did you believe in before? Do you attend JW congregation?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #327

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:47 am
kjw47 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:49 pm I dont think it, i know it. Mortals asked to know both good and bad in the rebellion of Eden. Its their fault, not Gods fault.
So what you are telling me is that you don't just believe that the Genesis accounts are true, but that you know they are true.
OK.

So how long have you been a JW? Did you grow up in a JW family, or did you meet with the JWs during your life? What did you believe in before? Do you attend JW congregation?

I started studying in 1961. Yes i attend.