Why the republicans are destined to fail

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Why the republicans are destined to fail

Post #1

Post by thomasdixon »

Today the Republican party offers nothing constructive. No new ideas, no positive comments, just attack, attack, attack, while offering no constructive ideas.

The Republican’s will lose the midterms and the General Election because they are following a one liner going nowhere.

I here and now ask any Republican here to wake up, if you have any common sense, this is the time to user it. Wake up, be an American and not a Republicon,

If the Republicans win this time around our experiment in a democratic republic will be doomed.
8-)

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Why the republicans are destined to fail

Post #51

Post by Purple Knight »

Diagoras wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:02 amJudging by some of the reactions of former supporters, it's no longer a certainty that he'll win the Republican nomination. And if he loses, but refuses to concede (perhaps starting up his own 'Trump Party'), then the resulting chaos on that side may very well hand victory to the Democrats.
He's now about as old as Biden was when Biden got in. I understand a lot of people like his policies but please, please, I am so sick of other countries making fun of America because the president is so old most of his screws are loose.

Can we have a race between a 40-year-old and a 50-year-old, instead of between two people who, if the world was sane, would be doped up in a nursing home thinking they were running for president?

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #52

Post by thomasdixon »

thomasdixon wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:15 pm Today the Republican party offers nothing constructive. No new ideas, no positive comments, just attack, attack, attack, while offering no constructive ideas.

The Republican’s will lose the midterms and the General Election because they are following a one liner going nowhere.

I here and now ask any Republican here to wake up, if you have any common sense, this is the time to user it. Wake up, be an American and not a Republicon,

If the Republicans win this time around our experiment in a democratic republic will be doomed.
8-)
It was true then and it remains true today
8-)

I add this----
http://www.universalknowledge.net/index.html

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #53

Post by Athetotheist »

thomasdixon wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:20 am
thomasdixon wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:15 pm Today the Republican party offers nothing constructive. No new ideas, no positive comments, just attack, attack, attack, while offering no constructive ideas.

8-)
It was true then and it remains true today
8-)

I add this----
http://www.universalknowledge.net/index.html
I remain convinced that there is no significant difference between the victory of one political party over another, as the very existence of political parties weakens the structure of the government by undermining the separation of powers (any single party being in control of all three branches of government effectively nullifies the system of checks and balances).

I also still strongly suspect that the continuing contention is a corporate-friendly divide-and-conquer campaign to drive wedges between the masses so the People can't unite to resist oppression from higher up. Race, gender, orientation, region.....it seems that any and every difference between us is being exploited to divide us, which keeps us weak.

Conversator
Student

Post #54

Post by Conversator »

All the News ever talks about is how Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. American Democracy is only about how Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. American culture is only about how Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. The purpose of existence is to contemplate the sacred feud: Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. Go into all the world and proclaim the solemn word: Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. From sea to shining sea: Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. Oh say can you see, Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. Every time a doctor slaps a newborn's butt, tell it, Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. :x
I prefer Coca-Cola

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #55

Post by Athetotheist »

Conversator wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:22 pm All the News ever talks about is how Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. American Democracy is only about how Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. American culture is only about how Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. The purpose of existence is to contemplate the sacred feud: Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. Go into all the world and proclaim the solemn word: Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. From sea to shining sea: Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. Oh say can you see, Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. Every time a doctor slaps a newborn's butt, tell it, Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. :x
......but, of course, never even dream of doing away with the conveniently contentious two-party system. Anything which threatens to foster solidarity among the disenfranchised is scorned, ridiculed, vilified and----if possible----ignored.

Conversator
Student

Post #56

Post by Conversator »

Athetotheist wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:58 pm
Conversator wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:22 pm All the News ever talks about is how Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. American Democracy is only about how Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. American culture is only about how Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. The purpose of existence is to contemplate the sacred feud: Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. Go into all the world and proclaim the solemn word: Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. From sea to shining sea: Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. Oh say can you see, Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. Every time a doctor slaps a newborn's butt, tell it, Republicans and Democrats don't like each other. :x
......but, of course, never even dream of doing away with the conveniently contentious two-party system. Anything which threatens to foster solidarity among the disenfranchised is scorned, ridiculed, vilified and----if possible----ignored.
Ha ha, I dare not presume to remedy this sacred feud. I'd be crucified upside down for blasphemy, sacrilege, and terrorism. I pledge allegiance to the Republicans and Democrats mutual hatred of each other. Patriotic duty and such.
I prefer Coca-Cola

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #57

Post by The Barbarian »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:14 am I was assured that when donny trump ran, he wouldn't win: "people aren't that stupid!" I was told.
The person who told me that would eat their words, almost twice.
So to claim "Republican’s will lose the midterms and the General Election because they are following a one liner going nowhere." is nice to believe, people can surprise you.
People can be stupid. But as the last few elections have shown, it isn't a sure thing to assume that they will be.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #58

Post by JoeyKnothead »

You are terribly uninformed.

We get news of mass school shootings too.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #59

Post by Athetotheist »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:41 pm
You are terribly uninformed.

We get news of mass school shootings too.
Another thing for Republicans and Democrats not to like each other over.

.....except that when the Dems had the chance to vote the Senate filibuster away and pass serious gun legislation, they backed down.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #60

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Athetotheist wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:49 pm .....except that when the Dems had the chance to vote the Senate filibuster away and pass serious gun legislation, they backed down.
The Dems moved to the right when the Reaganites were winning everything. Today's D leaders are at best centrists.

I've always said politics is a pendulum, and feel this hard right / Gilead swing is what will turn the pendulum back.

The R's are starting to splinter over extremist policies and a diversifying population. If the D's don't resort to their historical weakness, gains can be had.

The economy can't continue it's oppressive trajectory much longer. Folks are getting increasingly irate at working for crumbs. I see a huge reckoning within twenty years.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin