why is public nudity still seen as a negative behavior??

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

wetwo
Student

why is public nudity still seen as a negative behavior??

Post #1

Post by wetwo »

My husband and myself have been born again Christians since our teens and we were both raised in nudist families and we have raised our two kids in the lifestyle as well. We can't understand why in the year 2020 that the Christian Church is not more open to nudist lifestyle and is not more acceptable to public nudity.
when our Pastor heard that we were nudist, he asked us to give a two session representation to anyone in our church that was interesting in hearing the pros and cons of being nudist. The first session we did fully clothed and the second we were did completely naked and oddly enough it was accepted pretty well.
We welcome your thoughts and comments on the subject and maybe we can get an interesting discussion going.[/img]

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: why is public nudity still seen as a negative behavior??

Post #31

Post by nobspeople »

Miles wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:10 pm .

As I see the Christian shame over nudity.

Before the apple incident A&E were quite comfortable with their nakedness. Obviously this is how God intended them and their descendants to regard it; something not to be ashamed of.

Genesis 2: 25
25 The man and his wife were naked, but they were not ashamed.

But then A&E ate the apple and KA-BLEWY! the whole house caved in. As punishment, god invested them with a sense of shame for their nakedness---and only A&E, I might point out. Nothing is said at all about their children or their children's children, or . . . being given any sense of shame over their nakedness.

Genesis 3:6-7
6The woman could see that the tree was beautiful and the fruit looked so good to eat. She also liked the idea that it would make her wise. So she took some of the fruit from the tree and ate it. Her husband was there with her, so she gave him some of the fruit, and he ate it.
7 Then it was as if their eyes opened, and they saw things differently. They saw that they were naked. So they got some fig leaves, sewed them together, and wore them for clothes.

Not that there was anything intrinsically harmful or wrong with nudity, (because god never indicates there is) but that A&E were simply imbued with a sense of shame over it.
So as I see the nudity issue its indecency only exists in the mind because many folk hold to the belief that god's punishment of A&E was to be passed on to their decedents: you, me, and everyone else, when, in fact, neither god nor his Bible suggest any such thing. After asking Adam "Who told you that you were naked?" god never again brings up nudity until Isaiah 20:2-4 when he has Isaiah go naked for three years "as a sign and token against Egypt and Cush . . . ." So it's obvious that nudity itself is harmless and can even be okey-dokey under certain circumstances.

So, where does this leave the claim that nudity is "a matter of basic decency"? It leaves its proponents to explain "WHY?." Why is nudity basically indecent when god has no trouble with it? Or isn't this a god issue at all, but a personal *ick* issue? If this happens to be the case then Rose2020 and others like her have my sympathy.

It's always been an 'ick' issue with people. Granted, at most nudist camps I've seen, those naked aren't the ones you typically want to see naked. But, after a while, you get used to it and it's 'not a big deal' (no pun intended).
Christianity is so 'boxed in' with its thinking. This comes from people, not the religion itself.
It's sad to see how people can contort a simple thing like a belief system into something of 'good and bad', 'righteous and sinful', 'black and white', when it should be all encompassing on many different levels.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #32

Post by Purple Knight »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:41 am It's always been an 'ick' issue with people. Granted, at most nudist camps I've seen, those naked aren't the ones you typically want to see naked. But, after a while, you get used to it and it's 'not a big deal' (no pun intended).
This is yet another case where the law puts something reasonably judged as frivolous over freedom, which is precisely what makes me incredulous when people want their freedom put above something reasonably more important like lives.

I tend to roll my eyes when someone wants something because "muh freedom" precisely because if freedom was important, it would be ordered well above the ick of seeing somebody naked.

Please don't construe this as me wanting to be naked. I don't.

What I want is for either people to be allowed to be naked, or for people to stop demanding they be allowed to do things because freedom. I'll be happy as long as I can understand it.

And I don't really think it's Christians. I don't think there are a lot of pro-naked nations. Isn't China officially atheist?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #33

Post by nobspeople »

Purple Knight wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:21 pm
nobspeople wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:41 am It's always been an 'ick' issue with people. Granted, at most nudist camps I've seen, those naked aren't the ones you typically want to see naked. But, after a while, you get used to it and it's 'not a big deal' (no pun intended).
This is yet another case where the law puts something reasonably judged as frivolous over freedom, which is precisely what makes me incredulous when people want their freedom put above something reasonably more important like lives.

I tend to roll my eyes when someone wants something because "muh freedom" precisely because if freedom was important, it would be ordered well above the ick of seeing somebody naked.

Please don't construe this as me wanting to be naked. I don't.

What I want is for either people to be allowed to be naked, or for people to stop demanding they be allowed to do things because freedom. I'll be happy as long as I can understand it.

And I don't really think it's Christians. I don't think there are a lot of pro-naked nations. Isn't China officially atheist?
There are probably a lot of reasons certain places are 'anti-naked'. But it all boils down to control IMO.
And yes, this whole 'my freedom' is taken too far in many places IMO.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

mms20102
Scholar

Post #34

Post by mms20102 »

The bible didn't say anything about the number of wives but still people in europe and USA are strict about it.
The bible said a woman should cover her head in the church and don't speak
Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.
1 Corinthians 11:4-6
34Women f should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. g
1 Corinthians 14:33-35
although you said the bible didn't say anything about covering I can give you many verses that says covering is the proper thing for any woman
13Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.
now let's discuss this from a logical prespective.

What attracts a man to a woman ? it's pretty much simple her body.
and I know some people will claim its not the case and people who think like this think of all women as objectives...... and its not true because you can't ignore your instincts and you can't go against science just because you decided to be naked with your husband.
I want you to try this go to a secondary school and fill up the class with males and get naked infront of them and ask them what they feel ?!
And it's clear they will feel desire.

The brain of males is diffrent from the brain of females and for this reason if a man stay naked all day long a female might ignore it if she wants but for men it's totally diffrent and here is a video

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #35

Post by Purple Knight »

mms20102 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:25 amalthough you said the bible didn't say anything about covering I can give you many verses that says covering is the proper thing for any woman
13Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him,
I say no to this, because it literally says judge for myself and Samson is included in all the things I am supposed to take into account and their nature.

*hair toss*

I agree with the rest of your post however.